Quantcast

Pricing, Discounts, Labor Rate

Sign in to follow this  

Parts matrix, shop labor rate, add-ons, and maintaining the correct pricing strategy to ensure your shop is profitable. Discounts, coupons, and specials.

32 topics in this forum

• 95 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 95 replies
  1. Price Negotiations

• 13 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 17 replies
  2. Gross Profit

• 13 replies
    • 26 replies
  3. Parts markup?

• 32 replies
    • 34 replies
  4. Storage fees.

• 1 reply
    • 17 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 19 replies
  5. Labor Rates

• 16 replies
  6. Parts markup

• 3 replies
  7. Price Sheets

• 5 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 21 replies
  8. SHOP LABOR RATE

• 0 replies
    • 11 replies
  9. Marking up parts

• 11 replies
    • 6 replies
  10. Napa Tams list/mark up

• 0 replies
  11. matrix help

• 3 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 12 replies
  12. Labor Rates

• 11 replies
  13. Question on List Price

• 13 replies
Sign in to follow this  

• Upcoming Events

• Latest Posts

• I get the daily calls of wanting me to switch CC processors and with MUCH (misplaced) confidence, I refused to have a discussion with any of these guys, because I already had great rates.   Then, I had a persistent one call me back and ask why I didn't want to talk.  She said enough right things that I let the salesman come visit me.   My rates were and supposedly were going to get better over time as I built up history.  Original Quote: Credit Card Rate - 0.05% + Interchange (AMEX 0.055%) Debit Card Rate - 0.05% + Interchange Credit Transaction fee - 0.05 cents per transaction Debit Transaction Fee - 0.05 cents per transaction PCI Compliance-$9.95/monthly Chargeback fee-$10.00 (VISA, MC, Discover) $30.00 (AMEX) Paper Statement-$5.95 monthly (online statements free) The other guy comes in and tells me that my current processor increased my rates and added numerous junk fees.    The rate raised to 0.25% for most cards and .75% for AMEX and now have a $34.95 platform fee and numerous other fees.   At this point, I stand to save $250/month minimum by switching CC vendors.     I did confirm that on day 1, my bills had way fewer fees.  The bills also stated that they were raising rates along the way, so they were disclosed and allowed by contract.  I'm halfway thru a 3 year contract with a $495 cancellation fee.   This is what I'm paying now with the same processor:  Credit Card Rate - 0.25% + Interchange (AMEX 0.75%) Debit Card Rate - 0.05% + Interchange Credit Transaction fee - 0.05 cents per transaction Debit Transaction Fee - 0.05 cents per transaction PCI Compliance-$9.95/monthly Annual PCI Audit Fee - $99 Chargeback fee-$10.00 (VISA, MC, Discover) $30.00 (AMEX) Paper Statement-$5.95 monthly (online statements free) New Junk Fees - $41 To be clear, the interchange fees don't change on either deal.  We are only dealing with CC processor markup fees and junk fees.   The 0.05% is a markup fee over interchange.    The new deal is: Credit Card Rate - 0.05% + Interchange (all cards including AMEX) Debit Card Rate - 0.00% + Interchange Credit Transaction fee - 0.05 cents per transaction Debit Transaction Fee - 0.05 cents per transaction PCI Compliance - $0 (with a successful audit and $9.95/month penalty without one) Annual PCI audit fee - ?? Chargeback fees - $25.00 (VISA, MC, Discover, AMEX) - refundable if you win Monthly Charge - $10.00 As best I can tell, it looks legitimate.   I'll be carefully reading the new contract tomorrow.   So, the real question is whether or not I'm switching from one liar to another liar?     This second one is telling me that my contract will have the rates guaranteed and locked in.   If I see the right things in writing, I'll be switching.  Will recoup my cancellation / startup costs in 3 months. I guess the moral is get an annual checkup from a competitor.  Supposedly these rates are available as a result of being low-risk from my transaction history (or it's just marketing-speak).  I don't know.    My original deal was reasonable, but it isn't any longer.   My plans were to wait for the 3 year contract to end before shopping around.
    • We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 
    • We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership.