Quantcast

I am a newbie here guys, I have a Tire and Repair Shop in the Panhandle of Florida. My father opened in 1961as a Tire, brake and alignment shop. We have adapted to the change of 1 stop shopping , Thanks to Sam Walton. Our labor pricing is going crazy down here it is skyrocketing for our area. I see a trend around our area that the independent will surpass the Auto dealerships in hourly rate. I have raised my rate to 100.00 hour and no one bats a eye. People in our area are just starving for honest businesses. I am fortunate, although we have worked very hard over the years. I am turning away customers almost seems I am picking and choosing who to work for. I have 10 stalls with 7 racks, 2 alignment . I am curious if other areas are seeing this trend, I am really considering putting in 2 or 3 locations to relieve my store. It is really crazy. I will tell you guys one thing I have done that has been a huge money maker for me, aluminum wheel repair , straighten, curb rash and painting. I start at 150 and go to 300, It generally takes me 15 to 3 minutes to straighten 1 wheel. I literally have 2 to 5 calls a day on it. I fix some curb rash with a small file and airbrush, I a paint allover body shop guys does them for 30.00 cash. I never take the tire of the wheel. Also most need a new tire with a bent wheel. I heat them and straighten them. I wish I would have done that 5 years ago. So Long, David

• Like 1