Quantcast

Podcasts, Webinars & Live Streams

Check out some of the latest automotive and business podcasts in the industry. Post information about your Podcasts, Webinars & Live Streams to the community.

439 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

• Upcoming Events

• Latest Posts

• We need to avoid thinking about pricing ourselves out of the market. Why? Because if we are not profitable we will "underprice" ourselves out of business. I know it's not easy, but more and more shops are raising their labor rates for the same reasons you are. As an industry we have been too cheap too long.  Believe in yourself and what you are doing. I have done the same exact thing and not looking back.  Don't hold yourself back either worrying about the other shops around you. Be the market leader! 
    • Amy and Kelly Michel- In 1965, at the age of 3, little did Kelly know Kelly's Auto Repair was going to be founded one day. At 3 years old he could screw nuts and bolts together and was always intrigued with taking things apart, figuring out how they work and putting them back together. After working for his father in his auto repair business for 15 years and then moving to Dunnellon he realized he wanted to follow in his footsteps. To repair cars as well as him and to deal with people as respectfully as he had taught him. And so, 30 years later, in 1995 Kelly's Auto Repair & Service was born. Listen to Kelly's previous episodes HERE Key Talking Points 26 years in business and Kelly’s been in the industry for over 40 years- build shop ground up, started with 2 people, has now expanded to 8 bays and 4 technicians. Kelly is still working in the bays.  Amy manages the business side, Kelly manages the shop, and employees Take separate cars to work- both work 5 days a week, working on second in command (their son who is 33 years old), nephew is second service advisor, niece PT customer service representative  Succession planning for son- succession classes for both Kelly and his son, continue to have open conversations together, setting up finances for their son to succeed   Marketing- what can you do differently? National fun holidays, trivia, giveaways etc. Look for all opportunities. Market differently to different target audiences.   Staying ahead of curve- adopted DVI’s and text to pay early, always looking to keep business efficient, stays up to date with technology, looking for a new point of sale software  Drop key customers- hard work, ATI mentorship  Thanks to Amy and Kelly Michel for their contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast. Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page, highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP's HERE Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode is segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show: Facebook   Twitter  LinkedIn   Instagram  Youtube   Email   Join the Ecosystem - Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE. Buy me a coffee NAPA Autotech Training helps your technicians keep their skills sharp and their NAPA Know How up to date. It’s the highest quality technical training that covers almost every vehicle system and every make and model. NAPA Autotech is presented by experienced instructors who are ASE master certified technicians. Even after a class is over, techs can access course information online with ClassPass. So when questions come up later they can get the answers. AutoCare Center owners who have taken advantage of Autotech Training say that well-trained technicians are helping to increase their shop’s repair capability and raise bay productivity. That results in fewer comebacks, more satisfied shop customers, and reduced technician turnover. Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com.Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • Just got my accounting caught up and first year ever I've been running at a loss, even though gross sales are up.  Just raised shop rate from $90/hr to $100/hr with plan to raise monthly to $120 an hour by October 1st.  Cost of labor is up 30% from last year and it's been everything I can do to attract and retain employees.  I've known for years that techs were not making what they should, but I'm nervous about pricing myself out of the market around here as other shops in the area are at a much lower hourly rate still.  Anyways, I'm going to pay my techs what they deserve and keep afloat or I'm going to go under trying.  All their expenses have gone up as well and it's time.  
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Hzg0mfvgE Tricia Sauls, Executive Director, IGONC Listen to Tricia's previous episodes HERE Key Talking Points: Produced by associations- put on and driven by local members. 25% owners, 75% team. 38+ classes. Training doesn’t cost, it pays.  Affordable show to attend- team package available   Networking- you’re not alone in the dark, meet a support system and get to the next level Brandon Steckler- pressure waveform acquisition and analysis from inside out  George Zeeks- 3 managers you need in business as it grows, a class for owners and employees Tony Mercury- 4 pillars of internet marketing - website, SEO, paid search, social media https://asteshow.com/ Thanks to Tricia Sauls, Brandon Steckler, George Zeeks and Tony Mercury for their contribution to the aftermarket Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page, highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode is segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show: Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email Join the Ecosystem – Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE. Buy me a coffee Are you seeing auto shops in your area get hundreds of 5-star Google reviews and are you feeling left behind because your shop only has a few? Hey look, Broadly is your answer to getting more online reviews. With more reviews, your business will rank higher in search results — and that means more customers coming into your shop every day. Broadly helps you automatically request reviews so that your customers can promote your business with just one click. When you immediately ask for a review after service, when the experience is still fresh in their mind, you’re more likely to get a 5-star positive review. Plus, asking for feedback makes your customer feel valued and more connected to your business. Isn’t that what you want a connected customer? See how Broadly can help grow your auto shop.  Visit www.getbroadly.com/carm to learn more.Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • Entry level, and apprenticeship techs, 15 to 18 per hour, depending on ability, tech school, etc.  
    • What are you guys paying to someone just starting with no real experience or tools?  
    • You are absolutely correct Joe. Everything is going up but especially wages.