Quantcast

Automotive Parts & Suppliers

Discussions about automotive products, parts, manufacturer brands, trends, preferences, and more. Auto Parts and Supplier discussions.

119 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 51 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. Broken Parts

• 9 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 19 replies
  2. Parts ordering

• 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 22 replies
  3. Oil vendors & pricing?

• 12 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 17 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 16 replies
  4. Shock/Strut sales...

• 13 replies
    • 1 reply
  5. Auto Parts Help

• 1 reply
    • 14 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 15 replies
  6. bad blower motor

• 3 replies
  7. bulk oil pricing?

• 16 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 13 replies
  8. WASTE OIL PICKUP

• 15 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  9. Four Green Auto Parts

• 16 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 23 replies

• Upcoming Events

• Latest Posts

• I get the daily calls of wanting me to switch CC processors and with MUCH (misplaced) confidence, I refused to have a discussion with any of these guys, because I already had great rates.   Then, I had a persistent one call me back and ask why I didn't want to talk.  She said enough right things that I let the salesman come visit me.   My rates were and supposedly were going to get better over time as I built up history.  Original Quote: Credit Card Rate - 0.05% + Interchange (AMEX 0.055%) Debit Card Rate - 0.05% + Interchange Credit Transaction fee - 0.05 cents per transaction Debit Transaction Fee - 0.05 cents per transaction PCI Compliance-$9.95/monthly Chargeback fee-$10.00 (VISA, MC, Discover) $30.00 (AMEX) Paper Statement-$5.95 monthly (online statements free) The other guy comes in and tells me that my current processor increased my rates and added numerous junk fees.    The rate raised to 0.25% for most cards and .75% for AMEX and now have a $34.95 platform fee and numerous other fees.   At this point, I stand to save $250/month minimum by switching CC vendors.     I did confirm that on day 1, my bills had way fewer fees.  The bills also stated that they were raising rates along the way, so they were disclosed and allowed by contract.  I'm halfway thru a 3 year contract with a $495 cancellation fee.   This is what I'm paying now with the same processor:  Credit Card Rate - 0.25% + Interchange (AMEX 0.75%) Debit Card Rate - 0.05% + Interchange Credit Transaction fee - 0.05 cents per transaction Debit Transaction Fee - 0.05 cents per transaction PCI Compliance-$9.95/monthly Annual PCI Audit Fee - $99 Chargeback fee-$10.00 (VISA, MC, Discover) $30.00 (AMEX) Paper Statement-$5.95 monthly (online statements free) New Junk Fees - $41 To be clear, the interchange fees don't change on either deal.  We are only dealing with CC processor markup fees and junk fees.   The 0.05% is a markup fee over interchange.    The new deal is: Credit Card Rate - 0.05% + Interchange (all cards including AMEX) Debit Card Rate - 0.00% + Interchange Credit Transaction fee - 0.05 cents per transaction Debit Transaction Fee - 0.05 cents per transaction PCI Compliance - $0 (with a successful audit and $9.95/month penalty without one) Annual PCI audit fee - ?? Chargeback fees - $25.00 (VISA, MC, Discover, AMEX) - refundable if you win Monthly Charge - $10.00 As best I can tell, it looks legitimate.   I'll be carefully reading the new contract tomorrow.   So, the real question is whether or not I'm switching from one liar to another liar?     This second one is telling me that my contract will have the rates guaranteed and locked in.   If I see the right things in writing, I'll be switching.  Will recoup my cancellation / startup costs in 3 months. I guess the moral is get an annual checkup from a competitor.  Supposedly these rates are available as a result of being low-risk from my transaction history (or it's just marketing-speak).  I don't know.    My original deal was reasonable, but it isn't any longer.   My plans were to wait for the 3 year contract to end before shopping around.
    • I started my shop in 2014 and bought a Autel MaxiDas. It worked great but then upgraded to the Maxisys Mini and it was awesome. Since Vision 2019 I upgraded to the Autel MaxiSys Elite. Really like it. For the price and capability I don’t think you can beat Autel. I buy my scan tools through AE Tools in Kansas City so if I have any issues I get awesome support. Just my $.02
    • After 25 years of wrenching I have built quite a diverse set of hand tools and equipment including programming and key making. The way I like to bring my young techs up is to let them use my tools when they assist me on my jobs and through this process they discover the value of name brand tools and learn what they borrow the most. This helps them make well informed purchases. I insist that they do not buy anything they haven’t borrowed yet. 
    • Found a great reason to re-energize this topic... @WomenAutoKnow just syndicated your Interstate video series under my blog 😀  On a side note, I know Ralph for years 😉 but was informed about this from your WAK newsletter, so Kudos to you and the rest of the crew on this!    
    • So almost 4 years later, what's the best scan tool?
    • Reviving this topic...interested to know what you and your techs are using for hand tools; snap-on, mac, craftsman, or other. I've always had a ton of craftsman tools with a few specialty snap-on and other branded tools. Growing up in the industry, craftsman was always cheaper and an easy exchange at the sears store. Now lowes is carrying craftsman and honoring warrantied tools so I'm starting to visit lowes over home depot for this alone. I'm also seeing a ton of hand tools from harbor freight and amazon.
    • @Dakotaj96 not sure if it helps but check out these topics:  
    • Thanks for the help and bantar you have some awesome advice. I really want to go full scale and do a variety of work like  alignments, tires, general repair, diesel repair, truck Accessories, etc. I’m in a small town with alot of trucks in it and right now many people drive out of town to get all there auto needs done. I fear in such a small town I can’t get a ton of business quickly but need a variety of techs to offer all of my services. This is where I’m struggling at.