Quantcast

Advance Auto Parts To Sponsor NASCAR Weekly Series

Advance Auto Parts NASCAR

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. & RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- As NASCAR Weekly Series sanctioned events begin to return at select tracks across North America, NASCAR and Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP), a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider, today announced a multiyear official partnership, designating Advance as the series entitlement sponsor. As part of the agreement, Advance also becomes the “Official Auto Parts Retailer of NASCAR.”

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200610005058/en/

"It's great to have Advance join us in welcoming the return of NASCAR-sanctioned grassroots racing," said Ben Kennedy, vice president, racing development, NASCAR. "Advance’s commitment to our Weekly Series will develop some of the brightest NASCAR talent across North America. Advance has a long history in racing, and we’re thrilled to see its expanded presence from the grassroots all the way through our national series.”

The NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series is one of the oldest series in NASCAR, where champions are crowned at NASCAR-sanctioned Home Tracks. The NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series was paused in mid-March due to COVID-19 and recently returned with sanctioned events at select tracks beginning June 6.

The series is run at nearly 60 NASCAR-sanctioned Home Tracks throughout the United States and Canada. NASCAR Home Tracks are a group of local short tracks sanctioned by NASCAR.

“Drivers and race fans in North America have not been able to attend their local tracks due to COVID-19. We are excited to be partnering with NASCAR and the NASCAR Weekly Series to support tracks, drivers and fans as they resume live racing this year,” said Jason McDonell, Advance’s chief marketing officer. “We are committed to helping our customers advance in our stores, online and with this multiyear partnership with NASCAR. We are passionate about advancing local communities where we serve, and through this sponsorship we’ll be able to help grow racing at the grassroots level while supporting the next generation of champions.”

Race fans can catch select NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series races live and on-demand via TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold, the new streaming service from NASCAR and NBC Sports. NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series races are part of the NASCAR Roots package for $2.99/month or $19.99/annually. The full TrackPass package, which includes NASCAR Roots, IMSA and American Flat Track events is available for $4.99/month or $44.99/year. TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold will be available on desktop web browsers and via the NBC Sports app on iOS and Android phones and tablets, Apple TV (Gen 4), Roku, Amazon Fire TV, AndroidTV, Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and Chromecast devices connected via HDMI.

About NASCAR

The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR consists of three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour), one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, Americrown Service and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’).

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts, Inc., is a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider that serves both professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. As of April 18, 2020, Advance operated 4,843 stores and 168 Worldpac branches in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The Company also serves 1,258 independently owned Carquest branded stores across these locations in addition to Mexico, the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and British Virgin Islands. Additional information about Advance, including employment opportunities, customer services and online shopping for parts, accessories, and other offerings can be found at www.AdvanceAutoParts.com.

CT?id=bwnews&sty=20200610005058r1&sid=ac

Investor Relations:
Elisabeth Eisleben
T: (919) 227-5466
E: [email protected]

Media Relations:
Darryl Carr
T: (984) 389-7207
E: [email protected]

Source: Advance Auto Parts, Inc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

5 comments
      I recently spoke with a friend of mine who owns a large general repair shop in the Midwest. His father founded the business in 1975. He was telling me that although he’s busy, he’s also very frustrated. When I probed him more about his frustrations, he said that it’s hard to find qualified technicians. My friend employs four technicians and is looking to hire two more. I then asked him, “How long does a technician last working for you.” He looked puzzled and replied, “I never really thought about that, but I can tell that except for one tech, most technicians don’t last working for me longer than a few years.”
      Judging from personal experience as a shop owner and from what I know about the auto repair industry, I can tell you that other than a few exceptions, the turnover rate for technicians in our industry is too high. This makes me think, do we have a technician shortage or a retention problem? Have we done the best we can over the decades to provide great pay plans, benefits packages, great work environments, and the right culture to ensure that the techs we have stay with us?
      Finding and hiring qualified automotive technicians is not a new phenomenon. This problem has been around for as long as I can remember. While we do need to attract people to our industry and provide the necessary training and mentorship, we also need to focus on retention. Having a revolving door and needing to hire techs every few years or so costs your company money. Big money! And that revolving door may be a sign of an even bigger issue: poor leadership, and poor employee management skills.
      Here’s one more thing to consider, for the most part, technicians don’t leave one job to start a new career, they leave one shop as a technician to become a technician at another shop. The reasons why they leave can be debated, but there is one fact that we cannot deny, people don’t quit the company they work for, they usually leave because of the boss or manager they work for.
      Put yourselves in the shoes of your employees. Do you have a workplace that communicates, “We appreciate you and want you to stay!”
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      Matt Fanslow tackles the misunderstood relationship between profit and greed in business. He references the YouTube Short "Farmer Does the Right Thing on Shark Tank," using the comments section as a springboard to discuss public perceptions of profit.
      Show Notes
      The association of profit with greed (00:00:11) Matt discusses the perception of profit as a negative concept and its association with greed in business. YouTube short "Farmer Does the Right Thing Shark Tank" (00:01:14) Matt talks about a YouTube short video featuring a farmer's product pitch on Shark Tank. Challenges in justifying pricing to customers (00:03:41) Matt discusses the difficulties businesses face in justifying their prices to customers and the need to educate them about the value provided. Misconceptions about profit and pricing (00:06:21) Matt addresses the misconceptions regarding profit margins, and pricing strategies. Tackling the association of profit with greed (00:14:36) Matt explores strategies for addressing the negative association of profit with greed and the importance of educating customers about business operations.  
      Thanks to our Partner, NAPA Autotech napaautotech.com

Email Matt: [email protected]
      Diagnosing the Aftermarket A - Z YouTube Channel HERE
      Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com/

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      Not shownotes.
      How To Get In Touch
      Group - Auto Repair Marketing Mastermind
      Website - shopmarketingpros.com 
      Facebook - facebook.com/shopmarketingpros 
      Get the Book - shopmarketingpros.com/book
      Instagram - @shopmarketingpros 
      Questions/Ideas - [email protected]
      Lagniappe (Books, Links, Other Podcasts, etc)
    • By carmcapriotto
      Thanks to our Partner, NAPA Auto Care Brad Updegraff's transition from a general service technician to a visionary business owner of 6 NAPA Gold Certified locations is a story of dedication and strategic planning. Discover the milestones and the speed bumps he encountered along the way. Brad Updegraff, Dave's Ultimate Automotive, 6 locations, Austin, TX. Show Notes
      Learn more about NAPA Auto Care Gold Certified and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting https://www.napaonline.com/en/auto-care Transition to the automotive field (00:01:55) Brad's transition from managing a pizza delivery company to becoming a general service technician in a small gas station repair shop. Seizing the opportunity (00:05:06) The unexpected opportunity that led Brad to become a partner in 2012 and the risks and steps involved in his journey. Building a successful partnership (00:06:15) The partnership with a former homebuilding executive and the successful merging of their expertise for store growth and development. Learning the business side (00:07:25) Brad's learning curve in understanding the business side, seeking help, and investing in personal and business development. Challenges in growth and expansion (00:10:52) The challenges in advertising, customer base, and geographical analysis that impacted the decision to halt further expansion. Recruitment and training strategies (00:12:29) Brad's recruitment strategies, including internal referrals and partnerships with local vocational schools for technician training. Promoting the industry to youth (00:14:32) The need for industry professionals to promote the technical nature of the automotive industry to young people and engage with vocational schools. Advisory Board Representation (00:17:10) Importance of representation on advisory boards for independent dealers and community colleges. Community Involvement and Giving Back (00:18:13) Support for charitable foundations, including Make-A-Wish and suicide prevention organizations. NAPA Gold Certification (00:21:28) Benefits and significance of achieving NAPA Gold certification for automotive businesses. Engagement in Training (00:23:18) Strategies for encouraging staff to participate in training and the value of owner involvement. Perpetual Learning and Magic Makers (00:27:16) The importance of perpetual learning, the concept of "magic makers," and the impact on the organization. Employee Retention and Team Building (00:29:55) Strategies for retaining employees, team building, and celebrating milestones within the organization. Work-Life Balance and Store Visits (00:32:02) Balancing work and personal life, commitment to family, and the importance of store visits for management. Intuition and Common Sense (00:33:14) The importance of intuition and common sense in business decisions and management. Succession Planning (00:34:12) Discussing internal succession planning and opportunities for employees to grow within the company. Industry Challenges and Opportunities (00:34:53) Cyclical nature of the industry, market correction, and fighting for market share. Market Trends and Customer Conversion (00:36:12) Impact of market trends, potential for customer conversion, and the impact of economic factors. Financing Repair (00:38:00) The increasing use of financing options for vehicle repairs and its impact on the industry. Work-Life Balance and Reflection (00:38:54) The importance of work-life balance and reflecting on career choices and experiences. Overcoming Struggles and Mistakes (00:40:49) The journey to success, overcoming struggles, and learning from mistakes.
      Thanks to our Partner, NAPA Auto Care Learn more about NAPA Auto Care and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting https://www.napaonline.com/en/auto-care Connect with the Podcast: -Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RemarkableResultsRadioPodcast/ -Join Our Private Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1734687266778976 -Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/carmcapriotto -Follow on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carmcapriotto/ -Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/remarkableresultsradiopodcast/ -Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RResultsBiz -Visit the Website: https://remarkableresults.biz/ -Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider -All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books -Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom -Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm -The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com -Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections    
    • By carmcapriotto
      The Weekly Blitz is brought to you by our friends over at Shop Marketing Pros. If you want to take your shop to the next level, you need great marketing. Shop Marketing Pros does top-tier marketing for top-tier shops.
      Click here to learn more about Top Tier Marketing by Shop Marketing Pros and schedule a demo:https://shopmarketingpros.com/chris/
      Check out their podcast here: https://autorepairmarketing.captivate.fm/
      If you would like to join their private Facebook group go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/autorepairmarketingmastermind
      In this podcast episode, Kimberly and Chris Cotton reflect on Kimberly's kidney donation to her brother. They delve into her recovery, the physical and emotional challenges she faced, and the importance of a compression belt post-surgery. Chris shares his concerns for Kimberly's well-being and discusses the adjustments her brother had to make due to the kidney size difference. They also cover her brother's recovery, the medical procedures he underwent, and the impact on his mental health. The episode concludes with a call to consider organ donation, and Chris thanks Kimberly for sharing her story, highlighting the significance of organ donor registration.
      Chris Cotton (00:00:09) - Are you ready to supercharge your auto repair business? This is coach Chris Cotton from Auto Fix Auto shop coaching. The weekly blitz is where industry expertise and business innovation collide. Revenue engines for the week ahead. Every episode has game changing insights, up to the minute industry updates and practical tips to shift your business into high gear. We're talking about stuff you didn't even know. You didn't know people. Make sure to check out one of the other great podcasts on the aftermarket radio network. Big shout out to our awesome sponsor shop Marketing pros. Top tier marketing for not just any audience, but the right audience. Shop marketing Pros connects your European or diesel repair shop with car enthusiasts who value expertise, the auto repair experience and a great relationship. Go pro with Shop marketing Pros your ticket to top tier results. Find out how they can feel your success at shop marketing pros.com/chris. So here we are. Kimberly, we're. This is episode 160, and the original cut we did was episode 150. So if you haven't gone back and listen and listen to that, you can,, if you want to catch up where we're at.  

Chris Cotton (00:01:16) - So we are titling this Loosely Catching Up with Kimberly or follow up, and this is the follow up episode to The Kidney Donation. So in the previous episode, we talked about everything that we did running up to it. We've had the,, actual donation and what are we, six weeks past now? Kimberly Cotton (00:01:41) - It'll be seven weeks on Thursday. Chris Cotton (00:01:43) - Seven weeks on Thursday. I don't even know where all the time went. I don't even know how 1010 episodes elapsed either. But,, but this is amazing. So. Even even people that talked to me last week still ask me this week how she's doing. So who better than than my lovely wife Kimberly, to come in here and talk a little bit, talk about the donation and,, and kind of catch us up. So,, how are you doing? Kimberly Cotton (00:02:14) - I'm doing physically. I'm doing really well. Mentally, I'm doing really well., but I have started to notice,, I do have limitations still., I want to get back. Kimberly Cotton (00:02:28) - I want to be like I was before surgery. I could just go and do anything at the gym I wanted to, and now I have to really be careful on how much weight I'm lifting. I have to be careful the classes I'm taking because I am still feeling throughout the day. In the morning I'm great. It's usually in the afternoon and it's my back and strangely enough, it just starts to ache. It doesn't really hurt, it just takes a little bit. And so I just have to remind myself, you're only, you know, six weeks out of surgery. You have to give yourself some grace., but I all of my incisions from the surgery are healing great., I haven't had any issues with that., a week and a half after the surgery, my doctor released me to get back to normal activities., he did say, you know, don't lift anything over £30 and, you know, don't do any kickboxing classes or, you know, classes like that., but he said, yes, you are looking great. Kimberly Cotton (00:03:35) - You just resume your normal activities. Chris Cotton (00:03:39) - And, and so that's where we're that's where we're at now. And I'm going to rewind here just a little bit and talk about, you know, kind of the run up to surgery and everything. But you know, I, I kind of knew this was how this was going to go because I know you, you're like, you like to push things and they are pretty much everything they've told us, like, okay, this is going to happen here. This is going to happen here., and they said, like, it's going to take six months for you to get back to quote unquote, normal. And I think you forget that sometimes that,,, they told you six months and you're like, I know you're superwoman, but sometimes, you know, you got to slow down. Kimberly Cotton (00:04:15) - I do forget that I've donate a kidney. I literally do forget., because physically you can't tell., it's all like, internal. And if you didn't know me, you wouldn't know that that's what happened. Kimberly Cotton (00:04:31) - , so yes, I do have a problem with containing myself, and I. I'm humbled. Just about every day my body says, okay, that's enough. Stop. So. Yes. Chris Cotton (00:04:43) - Well, and I will tell everybody that's listening. She's like swimming on Tuesdays. She's doing her kickboxing now., she rides her bicycle to the gym. So she's she's pretty much getting after it, maybe not quite as hard, but she's, she's, she's doing great. And and I love you so much for doing this for your brother. And I still think I'm amazed every day, but the fact that you could do it because I know I couldn't. There's no way. So. So last time we talked to people, we were kind of giving them the rundown of the way we thought things were going to happen. And so I kind of wanted to follow up on what actually happened,, like the run up to the surgery, if you can maybe just go back and tell us, like, like you and I drove to Tulsa, we got into the Airbnb and kind of just take it from there a little bit, and we'll just work forward from there. Kimberly Cotton (00:05:35) - So,, two days after we made it to Tulsa, we had a follow up., basically they wanted to retest everything. So,, my brother and I both at the same time, went to the hospital and we did,, an EKG. We had blood tests., we did all kinds of different stuff., at that time, they gave me information that I was going to need for the surgery. Now, knowing that. I may not still be a match. Something else could have gone wrong between that appointment and the donation, which was a week away. So even though we are doing this and they're giving me all instructions for the surgery, it's still not a guarantee. And so we had to keep thinking about that., so we had the appointment pretty much all day, you know, met with, the nephrologist again and the, the kidney center., again, they're saying, you know, you can still back out. This is still your choice., we won't tell your brother any, you know, just, you know, something else happened, and not that you would have pulled out. Kimberly Cotton (00:06:44) - And it never even crossed my mind to not go through with the donation. I mean, it just. It is what it is. I was going to do it no matter what., so then after that Wednesday,, it was pretty much just a waiting game until we heard from my kidney advocate., the next Tuesday. So we did all the testing on that Wednesday. Then we had to wait until the next Monday and I had to have a Covid test., and then after that, it was again, you were just waiting. And then Tuesday afternoon., they finally called and said, okay, all the cross matches are still good. Everybody's healthy. Covid was negative., so we're good to go. So even though we thought we were good to go and the surgery was scheduled, it's never really a done deal till the final. Okay. Everybody's good to go. So then it was just another, you know, let's see. That was Tuesday. So the rest of Tuesday, all day Wednesday I had to not eat or drink anything, but I couldn't eat anything on that Wednesday it was an all liquid diet. Kimberly Cotton (00:07:54) - And then after midnight on that night, I couldn't have anything to eat or drink,, through the surgery. So I'd been fasting. I've been doing some, some of that, so I was comfortable with that. It was still hard., I was still, you know, I still wanted to eat, but I made it just fine., but I was getting very antsy. I just I wanted to get it done. I everything was good. I'm like, why do we have to wait? But that's when we had it scheduled for that Thursday. So it was just a waiting game at that point., so I tried to get out and walk a couple times a day just to get, you know, fresh air,, get my mind off of it. Which helped., and then my mom and dad showed up that Wednesday evening as well. So that helped me take my mind off of it, too. So they come over,. And stayed for another week and a half after that, just to take care of me and make sure I was doing okay, and basically to say, hey, you don't need to be doing that. Kimberly Cotton (00:08:58) - But so anyway,, everything's good to go. We wake up at 4:00 on Thursday morning. My brother and sister in law actually come pick us up. So we don't have too many vehicles at the hospital and we make it to the hospital. We get all checked in., and then they called me back first, and. That was it. That was like, okay. That was the point where I was like, okay, this is real. And for me, until something happens, it's not really real. When they called me back, my brother gave me the biggest hug and said, I want to thank you so much for doing this for me. So he gave me the big hug. It was hard for him to let go, but he let go and they took me back to my room. And so. Chris Cotton (00:09:50) - So I'm going to I'm going to stop you for just a second right there. So if, if anybody out there is listening, never experience this., I knew where we were going and I'd seen the room before. Chris Cotton (00:10:03) - I really didn't know kind of my part in all this, which is not super important other than just support. But,, you know, in hindsight that day. No, I don't think they prepared us for that day or they didn't prepare me., because we walk in there and they're doing, I think, 96 surgeries that same day, everything from kidney transplants to heart transplants to there was a lady there that was there to get her,, leg amputated from diabetes,, pacemakers, everything. And all this is happening at once. Every person individually has their own team the, the, the donor, the recipient. And it was really, really something. It was interesting to watch. And again, like Kimberly said, we got there, you know, 430 in the morning and they were done with all the surgeries. By 530 that afternoon. They had like everybody off to recovery. The, the,, the rooms were empty, but basically we got like a little cubicle for the family to sit in, and they called us every hour,, to update us, the nurse did to let us know that we're okay and or that Kimberly's okay, not us. Chris Cotton (00:11:13) - Okay? We're just fine and kind of keep us apprised of all the situations that's going. So that's kind of what I was doing during the day sitting, waiting, managing family and things like that. So,, so, okay, so you saw your brother,, I think I was back there with you until somewhere around that point, and then the nurse finally says, well, okay, you can't back out at this point. We're a go. We're go for liftoff. So,, I give you a hug and a kiss. Take your glasses or put it in the bag and they wheel you out. So if you want to pick it back up from there, then then that would be great. Kimberly Cotton (00:11:49) - So,, right before she says, okay, we're good to go, the surgeon comes in, he's like, okay, there's you know, he marks the spot, literally marks the spot where, you know, things are going to happen. And so then the two little air ladies come in and they wheeled me down the hall. Kimberly Cotton (00:12:08) - We were supposed to have rooms right next to each other, but,, that didn't happen. So as they were wheeling me back to the E.R.,, or the E.R., the operating room,, I saw my. They'd paused at my brother's door, and that's when it got me. I had been fine. I hadn't cried or anything until that point, and I paused and I said, okay, I'll see you on the other side. And he said, thank you again, I love you. And I'm crying as she's willing me back. I'm fine. Nobody else is with me. It's just the poor ladies listening to me cry with me. Back to the operating room. But once I'm through the doors, it was. It happened so fast.. They killed me in. They got the table ready that I was going to be on. They scooted me over. They laid me on my side. They put the oxygen mask on me, and I didn't even count to ten. And I was out. Kimberly Cotton (00:13:14) - I don't remember anything after that. The only the next time I woke up was in the recovery, and I had lots of blankets on me because I think I was shivering because it was cold., and I just remember I had two nurses continuously checking on me. How are you doing? Do you need this? Do you need that? And the only thing I said was, is where's my husband? Can I see my husband? And so I think that's at the point. They went and got you and brought you back. The problem was, is I had to stay in recovery for quite some time. Our surgery was early and so it lasted, what, four hours, I think something like that. Chris Cotton (00:13:56) - Yeah. They, they told they pretty much told us this is a four hour surgery and, and we're going to have you because of the staging and everything. I guess they give you kind of like they give you like an hour headstart and then and then then they start start on, started on your brother and and then they've got your kidney, which they, the doctor said, hey, it looks pink. Chris Cotton (00:14:20) - It's great. We cleaned it up. And so basically they will you out to recovery and then and then clean up the kidney, get it put into your brother and and then he's off and going. But, yeah we had a trouble. We had trouble getting into the actual,, the room that we that not not not I guess ICU or recovery, but your actual room that we stayed in for two nights. Yeah., so you were done by 11, and I think we had you in your room by five. So we kind of sat around for spent more time sitting around trying to get you into another room than than the operation took. Kimberly Cotton (00:14:59) - Yeah., luckily I slept a lot during that time., so it wasn't too bad for me., it was just. I was just down there for a long time, so. Not a big deal. They got me up into a room., and actually, I, I was hungry,, when we finally did make it up to the room,, so I, I think we had tried to order something through the hospital, but they, the time had passed when they were delivering meals and stuff. Kimberly Cotton (00:15:31) - , I did you bring me something or did I? I don't even remember what I had that I. Chris Cotton (00:15:36) - Think I think we, I think I got you, I was able to get you something that you could eat. Kimberly Cotton (00:15:41) - I don't think I was very hungry, but I wanted something small, so. Chris Cotton (00:15:45) - Well. And and to give everybody like the idea of the recovery room you're in, basically, it's just like a long row of beds with like 10 to 15 slots on either side. And when I first went down there, you didn't have anybody next to you. So then we got you some ice water. I think we got you some pudding then or something. Yeah., but because the HIPAA regulations, they were bringing other people down on either side of you, and they had me leave. Yeah., but so we. So we got you to the room and kind of settled in a little bit., and we were trying to manage your pain, and I think, I think one of the important things, if you're listening and you're going to go through this out there, they talk about this. Chris Cotton (00:16:32) - It's not a phantom pain. But what happens is, is where the kidney was. And they insert these robot fingers inside your body and they blow up your abdomen with nitrogen. And and they do this with a robot. And they try to get all the air out, but they can't. And what happens is, is the air or the nitrogen that's left pushes on your diaphragm. And when that happens, your body thinks your shoulder hurts. So it has this like tremendous pain in your shoulder. And I've seen Kimberly,, give birth. I've seen her do all kinds of stuff in 25 plus years that we've been together. And I've never heard her. Yell in pain or anything like that. And oh, maybe that's what had happened. I'd gone and got you something to eat. And then I went and got me something to eat. And when I was coming back, I heard you hollering down the hallway I had. Kimberly Cotton (00:17:30) - Yeah, you hadn't probably been gone 20, 30 minutes maybe. And the pain all of a sudden hit me so hard. Kimberly Cotton (00:17:38) - So I pushed the nurses button and took them, you know, longer than I wanted to them for them to respond. But they finally responded and they said, can we help you? And I said, I need something for the pain. My I'm absolutely excruciating right now. And they said, what on the scale of what to what I'm like, I am above a ten. I mean, this is awful., and so it took them a little bit and then he could hear me moaning and groaning down the hallway, and I think he sprinted to the room after he could hear me., but it just hurts so bad., and it's the strangest thing I don't get it., but it wasn't just one shoulder. It was across my back, right at my clavicle. And it just so hurt, so bad until the pain medication finally kicked in., initially, I had only wanted to stay one night in the hospital, but everybody was like, just see how you feel. See how you're doing. Kimberly Cotton (00:18:41) - Well, the next day, the doctor,, comes. Another one comes in and takes me over, and he looks at me and he's like, yeah, you're spending another night. He could tell the pain on my face. And it wasn't constant, but it was just enough for him to say, yeah, we're going to up the dosage of your pain medication. And you're saying I'm like, okay, so but after they up the dosage, it was much better and much more manageable. Chris Cotton (00:19:07) - So, so out of all the things that they didn't tell us, this was kind of like the big moment or less and not right then. But,, so they wanted me to get her up and have her walking like at 8 p.m. that night. And so that happened. I think we took you for a walk before this happened. Yeah, but but what nobody told us was, was about 30 minutes before you get up to walk, call a nurse, have them give you the pain medication. That way, when you're sore and hurting after the walk, you've already been medicated and you're good to go. Chris Cotton (00:19:44) - So I think I think we walked you that night. I think we walked you a couple times that next day. And then I think the nurse that came in the following night was the one that was like, hey, you guys should be taking pain medication before you walk. And nobody, nobody told us that up until then. And that's,, that's like some Ron White. That's good information to know, right? Like. Yeah. Like,, that would have been handy. That would have been a little handy tidbit for people to tell us., so I, I think... Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Changing The Industry
      The Basics of Owning An Auto Repair Shop - Part 6

• Similar Tagged Content

• Our Sponsors