Quantcast

CarER

Advance to Stop Free Code Scanning!

I was on the phone with my Carquest/Advance parts guy today and he knows how much their "diagnostics" affects us as shops and how much it annoys me. So he mentions to me that yesterday, they received an email from corporate stating that June 1st, all Advance stores may no longer perform free code scans for customers.

I thought this was a pretty big deal, if it is true, for us independent shops.

Hopefully this is correct and will be coming to all Advance/Carquest stores. He said judging by the email, it's not just our regional stores but all stores.

Maybe we can keep things changing for the better.

Next up, let's get Autozone and the other stores to stop their "diagnostics" as people like to call them.

What do you all think? Is this good for us, or will it not really make a difference?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By CAR_AutoReports
      Hey Everyone,
      I'm Ricardo from Complete Auto Reports.  You may have heard about the shop management software that we made at a shop in Linden NJ. 
      We've been really busy over the last year trying to refine the process at a shop through the software.  We have come up with something we think that people can and will benefit from.  We want to start with smaller auto repair facilities who are looking for something to transition out of paper and pen, as well as word documents and/or excel spreadsheets.  
      We've taken our software and made a free package that allows the following from any device with a updated and functional browser:
      Take appointments from your customers Digital Vehicle Inspections - Included in every service request and sent to each customer if performed Workflow - Pending, Under Process, Awaiting Approval, Approval Completed, Work In Progress, Completed Ratings - Customers can communicate ratings directly to you Messages - You can communicate with customers through the platform Customer App - All service history available, can schedule appointments with the app, transfer vehicle records to new owners Sales Reports 100% mobile - Works on everything from your 5inch iPhone to your desktop. 
      You can presently upload all of your customer information: name, address, phone numbers, email.
      Paid for versions offer parts ordering through PartsTech.com and Employeement modules that track employee time on jobs.
      Are there members here who are interested in trying the free platform to see if it's a fit for their business? Anyone interested in the paid for versions, can also get 60 days of free use and discounted rates available from our SEMA promotions.

• By JustTheBest
      Yup! That "F" word comes up again! You're welcome to pre-register for my totally FREE Training Course - "How to Double Your Car Count in 89 Days... Without Wasting Hard Earned Dollars on Money Sucking Advertising."
      What You'll Discover:
      -How to actually get customers to refer you!
      -Compete with any shop - Big Box Repairs Shops; National Chains; New Car Dealers - Doesn't Matter
      -Learn an almost sneaky tactic to get customers to leave positive reviews - every time - all the time! 
      - and a lot more!
      This course WILL NOT BE FREE FOREVER - So now you have an opportunity to PRE-REGISTER and start 2019 with a "BANG!"

Click NOW and WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO - I'll Explain Everything!

Hope this helps! Can't wait to see you on the course! 
      Matthew Lee
      "The Car Count Fixer"
      PS: Uh... did I tell you it's FREE!? Just want to be sure - don't want anyone to think I'm pulling one of those "shameless plugs!"

• By AutoShopOwner
      ROANOKE, Va. & DALLAS, Tex.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 12, 2017-- Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (NYSE: AAP) and Interstate Batteries announce a strategic partnership to better serve the changing needs of the automotive aftermarket with premium quality products, expanded availability and enhanced customer service. Interstate Batteries, the leading replacement battery brand with the largest independent battery distribution system in North America, will become the exclusive automotive and specialty battery brand to Advance Auto Parts stores and customers in the spring of 2018.

https://www.autopartsforum.com/topic/175-interstate-batteries-north-america’s-no-1-automotive-battery-brand-launches-exclusive-partnership-with-advance-auto-parts/
    • By Chuy Reyna
      Like it isn't hard enough to be a shop owner! A start up company "Otobots" has allocated funds to start "yourmechanic.com."
      As a shop owner I disapprove of a company like this, we run honest businesses, and this company is trying to cut our throats! How can we unite and take a stand??

The link to the artical I came across. http://www.dailydot.com/technology/otobots-uber-car-repair-on-demand/

Here is a link to the site https://www.yourmechanic.com
    • By AutoShopOwner
      ELIGIBILITY: The Advance Professional Availability Challenge (the “Promotion”) is open only to professional customers (not consumers) of Advance Auto Parts, who are legal residents of Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of participation (“Participant”). All other individuals residing outside of the eligible area are ineligible to participate and will be disqualified if attempting to participate. Void outside of Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, the District of Columbia, and where prohibited or restricted. Employees of Advance Auto Parts (“Promoter”), Genesco Sports Enterprises ("Administrator"), Advantage Hole In One, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, parent companies and the members of their immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household with such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. 
      Visit website for more details: http://advanceauto.us/vroom/challenge/

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors