Quantcast

Alex

Post your shop's website!

We've created this section here for you to post your shop website. This is a great way to get some feedback and suggestions from your peers.

Please post relevant automotive shop websites only. Any posts including non automotive shop websites will be moderated and removed.

Thank you.

Edited by Alex

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By nge
      Hey everyone,

I was recently having a conversation over lunch with a college buddy of mine who has a PhD in computer science and owns a web development company we were casually talking about business etc and started discussing websites and ROI. This got me thinking about my shops site and how efficient we are in tracking the ROI. We currently use Autoshop solutions (were with them before he started the web company but plan on switching) and pay about $190 a month in web maintenance fees with includes updates, hosting and a portal to login to track views etc but it made me start wondering if I really knew the true ROI of my website. Every month I look at the numbers and the reports and see bounce rate, time per page etc but never really have sat to think what that really means and if my website is serving its purpose (to capture the attention of and bring in new customers). On top of that we have our adwords budget and all in all I feel like we are just throwing money out there hoping it will stick and assuming that the site is making us money.

So my question is how is everyone else tracking the ROI of their website?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what is the typical amount (or rough estimate) you pay monthly for web maintenance (if you have it) and do you feel like you are getting your money's worth from your hosting company? My buddy has offered me an opportunity to come into his business (I have a background in IT as well) and to offer some insight in capturing some business from the automotive industry but I just wanted to get a feel for the problems which you guys are facing today to see if I am the only one with these questions and issues or if this could be an industry issue worth pursuing.

Thanks!
    • By Mail Shark
      There’s an old adage in marketing: “features tell and benefits sell.” This is critical to keep in mind when you’re promoting your auto repair shop. If your prospective customers don’t understand the features your shop offers, how they’ll benefit from these features, and why they should consider your shop for their next repair or maintenance service, you may lose them to your competition.
      The main constraint you’ll encounter when emphasizing benefits on your direct mail is usually space. There are a lot of important elements an effective direct mail advertisement should contain, all of which are fighting for valuable space. Furthermore, putting too much information on an ad can make it cluttered and hard to read, which could diminish your return. A great solution to this problem is to provide a clear, concise, and organized list of your shop’s features that can easily be scanned by your prospects.
      Depending on the available space, there are two ways you can do this. If you have limited space, you can simply list your benefits out in a bulleted list. If you have extra space, you can list them out in conjunction with an icon to help illustrate the benefit and call additional attention to them.
      Here’s a starting point to help you develop and build a list of your shop’s features and benefits.
      Quality
      -Are your technicians ASE certified?
      -Do you offer a warranty on your work?
      -Do you offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee?
      Affordability
      -Do you offer any financing options?
      Comfort
      -Do you offer any amenities in your waiting room?
      Convenience
      -Do you offer any type of shuttle service or loaner car service?
      -Do you offer same day service on most repairs?
      -Do you offer early drop-off and/or after-hours pick-up?
      -Do you offer roadside assistance?
      -Do you offer online appointment scheduling?
      Trust
      -Are all repairs approved by your customer before any work is done?

Pro Tip: Make sure you give your list of benefits a header. Something like: “Why Choose XYZ Auto” or “Our Benefits For You.” or “10 Reasons to Choose XYZ”

Josh Davis
      Mail Shark
      Executive Vice President of Sales
      Direct: 484-948-1611
      Email: [email protected]
      www.TheMailShark.com/Auto
    • By Dakotaj96
      Hello everyone, some of you may have seen me around already and know I’m in the process of opening a new shop. Was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your monthy expensives with me to help me get some ideas for my business plans? Not asking for all your personal info mostly just fixed cost such as rent, insurance, equipment lease, etc. I know everyone may not want to share this but I think it will be neat to compare what other shops have to shell out each month depending on there size or location. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      With Mother's day approaching soon, plan on a Mother's Day promotions.  It could be an individual flower, like a rose, to all the Mom's a few days before Mother's day, or little boxes of candy. It does not have to be a big deal, just something that tells your customers you are thinking of them.  So, think about a small promotion and trust me, it will be a hit.
      Another marketing tip: Father's day is coming; so don't forget the dads!

• By AutoShopOwner
      Six metro Detroit auto repair shops and dealerships are under fire by the Michigan Secretary of State for allegedly not being in compliance with state regulations.
      Two repair shops were ordered to cease and desist from conducting business. The agency also summarily suspended the business registrations of four other facilities.
      According to a news release from the agency, the cease and desist orders were issued to:
      Star Motor Auto Repair, 21579 Schoenherr Road, Warren, owned by Jack Musa. The facility allegedly performed brake, electrical system and tune-up repairs without a certified mechanic. A regulation agent discovered Musa’s mechanic certification had expired, the agency said, but he was continuing to repair vehicles. Star Motors' telephone number has been disconnected and Musa could not be reached for comment. MC Auto Repair, 1650 Waterman St., Detroit, owned by Michael Castro, for allegedly operating without certified mechanics. A regulation agent completed an inspection at the facility Dec. 11, the agency said, and found Castro, whose certification had expired in July 2005, performing repairs. Castro met with department staff at a preliminary conference in January, and the temporary cease and desist order was issued Feb. 8. Castro could not be reached for comment. MC Auto Repair's number is not in service and the facility is marked "closed" on Yelp. The cease and desist orders prohibit the businesses from performing any more repairs until the facility complies with state law.
      The agency also suspended the registrations of the following businesses:
      VAN Car Co., 7101 E. Eight Mile Road, Warren, owned by Nadhem Shaiya, was suspended March 15. The dealership no longer is operating at its registered address and failed to notify the department’s Business Compliance and Regulation Division of a change of address. A preliminary conference was scheduled for Feb. 12, but the dealership owner failed to attend. Shaiya could not be reached for comment. Witko Group Inc., 33457 Gratiot Ave., Clinton Township, owned by Don Witkowski, was suspended March 18. A regulation agent attempted to conduct a lot and records inspection Feb. 6 and again Feb. 7, but the dealership was closed with no sign or hours posted. Witkowski told the Free Press on Friday that a dealership is not at the site. He said he owns the building, in which there is a separately operated auto repair business. Witkowski also said he is unaware of any suspension and has not been contacted by the secretary of state.  Mogul Trading, 2801 S. Beech Daly St., Dearborn Heights, owned by Milton Small, was suspended March 8. Lot and records inspections were attempted Jan. 16 and again Jan. 28. The dealership wasn’t open during posted business hours and couldn’t be inspected. Small could not be reached for comment. Superior Plus Auto Sales Inc., 10614 Joy Road, Detroit, owned by Ghada Chokr, was suspended March 8. A regulation agent attempted a lot and records inspection Jan. 16 and again Jan. 28. The dealership wasn’t open during posted business hours and couldn’t be inspected. Chokr could not be reached for comment. The dealerships may regain their license if they show they’ve complied with the law.  Consumers can verify whether the repair shop they are using is registered with the state by using the online search tool at ExpressSOS.com and clicking “Business Services” and then “Repair Facility Services.”
      News Source: https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/03/29/michigan-auto-repair-shop-dealerships/3301802002/
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By JustTheBest
      Thought this would help. I just released this video that reveals:
      FREE Tool you can download that shows you exactly what people are searching for in your market - it's a totally free download and I show you exactly where to get it - how to use it! Google hack - to get your shop found in search - and this costs NOTHING to do! Mind blowing FACTS about the most popular search in YOUR MARKET.  If you're looking for help with SEO, this video explains it all!

Hope this helps!

Matthew
      "The Car Count Fixer"

P.S.: Find out what car owners in YOUR MARKET are searching for on Google
      P.P.S.: Don't forget to subscribe on YouTube at Car Count Hackers
      P.P.P.S.: Like & Follow on Facebook!
    • By Alex
      Most websites and website designers these days follow the guideline of 160 characters when writing website page meta descriptions. When they are longer, Google just truncates them to 160...well until December 2017 when Google decided to accept that number to be around 300 with some recommending to make it 320. If your web designer wrote your website page descriptions shorter, you aren't taking advantage of the description tag to better your SEO and possibly your click-through rate. It's time to look at your website pages to be sure.
      Feel free to join and post in my group and we'll take a peak for you. 

Good read: https://www.compose.agency/insights/meta-description-length-2018

• By Alex
      If you are looking for website services, an update to your existing website, or a new website for your shop, please visit us and request a free quote. We can also help you bring your website up to date, make changes if your current webmaster is unavailable, increase your search engine rankings, and integrate 3rd party web software into your website.

• By Alex
      There are many different website services, packages, and programs available when choosing the right company/webmaster for your auto repair business. You can sign up to a service that provides a robust website, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), analytics, marketing services, social network management, integrations, etc. You can also sign up for much simpler solutions which usually only include a website and some SEO. You can also try to use an online website builder to get yourself online with something very basic, which is better than nothing. So many different option and they all have their associated costs. In some cases there are initial startup costs as well. In most cases however, there are monthly costs associated with operating a business website.
      Please take a moment and share, if you would like, about your website costs and associated services. Please also take a moment to answer a few quick question in the attached poll. Thank you.

• By stephanie
      Are you fed up with the day-to-day in the shop? Ready to shift gears and make money without breaking your back?

Our online store is for sale. Owner wants to put his sole focus on the projects we have in the shop so that he can wrap them up and retire. Our online store averages $2800 in sales per month with absolutely no advertising. There are many more items we could add to increase sales, but being that we are a two-person operation we have too much going on to properly manage and advertise the website.

Here are the details from the listing:
      Brand has existed since the late 90s, re-branded in 2008 when we moved and expanded our offerings Well-known name in the Corvette community We offer solutions that no one else in the Corvette and GM high performance field offer Currently monetized solely through ecommerce transactions Site platform- WordPress with Ecwid for cart ($17 per month); Knownhost VPS hosting ($35 per month) Will include domain, Facebook page, and Twitter account Site currently only includes products we have researched and developed, but we have accounts with several major parts distribution companies and those parts could easily be added to the site and dropshipped to customers Training available for 30 days following purchase. Buyer has the option of continuing to buy products from us, or buying rights (cost of which is included in sale of site) to the proprietary info (preferred). Buyer will need to take over the before and after sale support. Owner is retiring and downsizing. The site has never reached its full potential because we also run a busy repair shop, write books, and travel to seminars, etc. We have not advertised because we do not have the proper time to devote to the website. Owner prefers to continue with the repair side of the business and sell the online portion of the business.  
      Please contact me if I can answer any questions. Thank you!
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors