Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Alex

Make sure your website has a favicon

Google search rolled out an update that now shows a website's favicon next to the search results on desktop, which started on mobile in May. 

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/9290858?hl=en

image.png

Interesting read: https://www.androidcentral.com/google-search-results-desktop-now-include-favicons

What you need to know

• Google is making some changes to the way search results are shown on the desktop.
  • Starting this week, search results will be displayed alongside icons for the websites they link to.
  • The redesign was propagated to mobile devices last year.

image.png

• Similar Topics

• By Jeremy Glassco
      I get asked this many times.  How would I use a custom mobile app if I had one for my shop?
      Take a moment to think about that.
      Imagine what you could do IF you had a custom mobile app for your vehicle owner customers to download, interact with, and engage with your brand?
      I'm noticing this trend in the food industry, retail industry, and now even in the medical industry.
      What about our auto repair industry niche?
      We're working on version 7.3, and part of what I love to do is get great feedback and build it into our upcoming versions.
      What about you.
      What type of features would an auto repair professional like yourself want in your dream app?
      Please share your ideas here and my hard working team of app gurus will get on it!
    • By Joe Marconi
      New York Governor announced yesterday that the stay-home order will remain in effect until May 15th.  With so many consumers not driving and so many businesses closed; sales will be a struggle for the next  4 weeks or more.  Many Auto Shops across the country will be in the same boat.
      Ok, that's the bad news.  The good news is that you are a shop owner, and no stranger to making tough decisions and finding solutions to the most complex problems. I know this is different, but truth is we are all learning together, and we will beat this.
      With that said, you will be called upon to remove the emotions from the situation and make the decisions that are best for your employees, family and for the business.  You will need to look at your average sales and projected near-future sales and adjust your payroll accordingly.  I hesitated for a few weeks, but then made the tough decision to cut staff to get my payroll in line with current sales. It had to be done.  
      You will also need to look at each line on your Profit/Loss statement and see where you can shave any expenses. Even a few percentage points can end up saving a lot of money at the end of the month.
      Lastly, have daily meetings and let your remaining staff know what you are doing. Let them know that the number 1 goal is the health and welfare of everyone. Number 2: Ensure the business thrives, not just survives.
      You are tough....now go make those tough decisions! 

• By Joe Marconi
      First, let me clarify one thing: I AM NOT THE EXPERT.  But there are  things about the PPP that concern me. Such as this quote fron the SBA:  "Forgeven amounts will be considerded income for federal tax purposes." So, if you get a forgiven loan in the amount of 100,000- that will be added as income? 
      And, the fact that we need to rehire to full staff by June 30, 2020.  So, in an area like mine where we don't expect business to return for 6 months or longer, I need to rehire to full staff, with 60% of sales down, use the SBA PPP to make payroll????   This is insane economics.
      I do not want to rain on anyone's parade here. Being in NY, I got hit early and got hit hard.  We are going on more than 8 weeks with little to no business.  I too need financial help.
      Look, the point is take it slow and get all the information from a pro.  This is what I need to do too.  Please get the advise from your banker, your attorney, financial advisor and your accoutant.
      The only  true way out of this is for business to return to normal, through sales and revenue.

• By Mark Johnson
      In an effort to update the group with all the most recent developments, we are happy to inform you that on March 20, 2020 the U.S. Treasury Department, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and the U.S. Department of Labor announced that small and midsize employers can begin taking advantage of two new refundable payroll tax credits designed to immediately and fully reimburse them, dollar-for-dollar, for the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave to their employees.

This relief to employees and small and midsize businesses is provided under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (Act), signed by President Trump on March 18, 2020. 
      The Act will help the United States combat and defeat COVID-19 by giving all American businesses with fewer than 500 employees funds to provide employees with paid leave, either for the employee's own health needs or to care for family members.
      The legislation will enable employers to keep their workers on their payrolls, while at the same time ensuring that workers are not forced to choose between their paychecks, their personal health or the public health measures needed to combat the virus.

To learn more about how this will work or how to access up to $2M in Federal SBA disaster loans call us at 954-324-0803 or book a time in our calendar https://calendly.com/markjohnsontaxplanner/45strategysession.

View full article
    • By JimO
      Last week a sales rep from a local Mercedes parts department stopped in to see me. He has been to my location several times in the past, always polite and professional. He handed me a paper with several topics highlighted such as extended parts dept. business hours during the week, Saturday hours, on-line ordering and mobile diagnostics. He provided additional information about each topic but the item that concerned me was mobile diagnostics. He explained that today’s vehicles are so complex that in many cases they require proprietary OEM equipment, information and training to efficiently repair them which they can provide, for a fee, at my location. He went on to tell me that they are equipping two vehicles, one vehicle for diagnostics and the other vehicle equipped with a compressor, tire machine and balancer. Whoa.... now he lost me, we need assistance replacing tires? Seems to me this mobile task force is NOT our friend but instead our foe, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. They are gearing up to provide mobile repairs in my area at my customers homes and work places, not good. I expressed my concern and he quickly informed me that everyone else that he had presented this concept to were very pleased to be able to receive assistance (for a fee) when needed and did not look at this as competition. This dealership is owned by Lithia, one of the top ten largest dealers in America. I doubt if we, the local independent repair community, could keep two mobile repair vehicles busy enough to warrant their existence. Fine, they are willing to “help” me (for a fee) with problem jobs at my location but I feel they are clearly after my customers. What are your thoughts? Are there any dealers in your area also offering this same service? 

• Similar Tagged Content

• By JustTheBest
      Thought this would help. I just released this video that reveals:
      FREE Tool you can download that shows you exactly what people are searching for in your market - it's a totally free download and I show you exactly where to get it - how to use it! Google hack - to get your shop found in search - and this costs NOTHING to do! Mind blowing FACTS about the most popular search in YOUR MARKET.  If you're looking for help with SEO, this video explains it all!

Hope this helps!

Matthew
      "The Car Count Fixer"

P.S.: Find out what car owners in YOUR MARKET are searching for on Google
      P.P.S.: Don't forget to subscribe on YouTube at Car Count Hackers
      P.P.P.S.: Like & Follow on Facebook!
    • By Alex
      Most websites and website designers these days follow the guideline of 160 characters when writing website page meta descriptions. When they are longer, Google just truncates them to 160...well until December 2017 when Google decided to accept that number to be around 300 with some recommending to make it 320. If your web designer wrote your website page descriptions shorter, you aren't taking advantage of the description tag to better your SEO and possibly your click-through rate. It's time to look at your website pages to be sure.
      Feel free to join and post in my group and we'll take a peak for you. 

Good read: https://www.compose.agency/insights/meta-description-length-2018

• By Alex
      If you are looking for website services, an update to your existing website, or a new website for your shop, please visit us and request a free quote. We can also help you bring your website up to date, make changes if your current webmaster is unavailable, increase your search engine rankings, and integrate 3rd party web software into your website.

• By Alex
      We've created this section here for you to post your shop website. This is a great way to get some feedback and suggestions from your peers.

Please post relevant automotive shop websites only. Any posts including non automotive shop websites will be moderated and removed.

Thank you.

• By Alex
      There are many different website services, packages, and programs available when choosing the right company/webmaster for your auto repair business. You can sign up to a service that provides a robust website, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), analytics, marketing services, social network management, integrations, etc. You can also sign up for much simpler solutions which usually only include a website and some SEO. You can also try to use an online website builder to get yourself online with something very basic, which is better than nothing. So many different option and they all have their associated costs. In some cases there are initial startup costs as well. In most cases however, there are monthly costs associated with operating a business website.
      Please take a moment and share, if you would like, about your website costs and associated services. Please also take a moment to answer a few quick question in the attached poll. Thank you.

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors