Quantcast

phynny

Pricing markup matrix advice

We use Mitchell and I find myself constantly changing the prices that it spits out even though I set up the pricing matrix... Anyone willing to share how they split it up and what figures they use? I want to give a fair price but I also don't want to short myself,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Changing business name?

Hello, I am considering changing my business name as within past 6 months we have converted into mainly a truck and jeep lift kit, tire and wheel, and select auto repair and also accessories. My name currently is Defiance tie and auto. Defiance is the location. I want something more geared towards our unique specialties ( I think) so I can market this and grow.  This is simply the best profit maker and general awesome thing we love to do. Before we were working on old vehicles for pennies and now we charge premium rates for most services.  Any idea on names, experiences will be appreciated.  Website is www.defiancetire.com  and been in business 4 years 

By defiancetire, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 3 replies
    • Tire prices

I'm finding the more I look into tire prices from box stores the more embarrassing my tire prices become. In the past month or so I've found tires for sale at Wal-mart, Discount Tire, and Fleet Farm cheaper than I can buy them. Have any of you ran into this? If so does your supplier match prices and make it so you can profit a bit?

By Tpog496, in General Automotive Discussion

• 33 replies
    • Price Negotiations

After looking at the ICCU shop in Mumbai India, it made me wonder how the Indians deal with Indian negotiation tactics?  I need a good strategy.  My shop is among a large Indian population and it seems that they all want to negotiate pricing.  So much so that if one doesn't try to negotiate, it throws us off our game!   There are few ways to deal with this:  1) Stand firm, 2) Have a pre-made coupon that we can use to move the price a fixed amount, 3) Negotiate, 4) Prepare for the negotiation with inflated pricing, then negotiate and settle on a job price (that is often more than the non-negotiated price).   We do #2 and #4 regularly, with a little #1 and no unprepared negotiations (#3).   When we are negotiating, it's always out on the shop floor so that it can be a private conversation.  They always seem to feel better when they "get a deal"! Any better methods or practices?

By bantar, in General Automotive Discussion

• 13 replies
    • Mitchell Software Pricing

Just wondering if I was the only fool who signed up for Mitchell 1 at $149 per month, only to realize that this was an "introductory" offer for 6 months and the price then jumps to $219 monthly. My sales person didn't make this clear at the time I signed the contract. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

By spenceauto, in Management Software, Web Sites & Internet

• 3 replies
    • Oil vendors & pricing?

Who and where does everybody get oil from, and what are you paying around the country?   I'm still somewhat small and don't use tons of oil. I was buying single quarts and 5-quart jugs, and still do for some things. Have started getting 6-gal boxes of Mercon V from Worldpac, and 20l jugs of Motul 5W-40. The rest has typically been able to be filled in with great oil sales that I find at the parts stores. Typically spend ~$1k or more every christmas at Autozone scooping up all of the $2/qt synthetic or syn blends or HM oils on clearance.    Where do you buy? Do you have price limits, while still trying to maintain quality??  For generic synthetics, $3.00/qt is where I try to stay under, but will sometimes grab some of the Napa syn when it's on sale ($3.49/qt lately) if I'm running low on something. $2/qt max for conventional or blend/high mileage.  I stock Motul 5W-40 for most of the euro stuff that we work on, and thats obviously a bit more, and those oil changes are of course priced accordingly. The deals are getting harder to find though, and I have a supplier that stopped by the other day with a flyer for decent case pricing, but requires buying 20 cases. Figured before I dump money on that I'd check and see what others are doing. I also like the boxes, I'd love to get one of the racks to store them all on too, saves a ton of space and so much less waste in plastic.   FWIW - I contacted Valvoline about bulk purchased, but never heard back. So they're most likely out....

By OTPAuto, in Automotive Products & Services

• 12 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors