Quantcast

General Automotive Discussion

General Automotive Discussion Forum. Here you can discuss anything Automotive related as a member of Auto Shop Owner! All General Automotive topics allowed.

337 topics in this forum

• 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 11 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. Bonus Program

• 4 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Finally opening the shop

• 9 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
  3. BG Products

• 17 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. Military Discount

• 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
  5. Advice needed

• 8 replies
    • 1 reply
  6. Sub Labor

• 10 replies
    • 2 replies
  7. Alignments

• 3 replies
    • 12 replies
  8. Anyone had a bad day?

• 8 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
  9. Reflashing

• 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
  10. Opstrax

• 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
  11. ADP

• 11 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
eManualonline.com $20 OFF on orders Over $150

• Upcoming Events

• Latest Posts

• Superstar shop owner and Elite Business Development Coach Greg Skolink shares a fun tip on how to keep your shop's customers engaged on Facebook.   For additional help building a more successful auto repair business, learn how you can team up with a superstar shop owner like Greg through Elite Top Shop 360: One on One Coaching View full article
    • We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 
    • Hi all, I feel like this is a broad question but I'm curious as to how other shops manage "scheduling". This has been the bane of our existence for years, searching for the perfect formula so that we won't overwhelm or underwhelm ourselves on a day-to-day basis, and yet the secret to this still eludes us. Do you use software that manages the daily car capacity for you based on the type of jobs scheduled? Do you manually manage the intake? How do you allot time for inspections when some can take 45 minutes and others could last several hours if much work is required to pass inspection? Or dealing with delivery delays on top of an already tight schedule? We've been in business for many, many years and obviously what we're doing is working - but I guess I'm just looking for feedback as to how we could improve this for increased efficiency. I've been thinking about upgrading our software to include a scheduling component but I'm not sure if this would be worthwhile or further limiting. Thoughts and feedback would be most appreciated!!!
    • We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 
    • For many of us, it's been a wild ride the past few months. We had to take care of everything, making tough decisions, dealing with banks and the SBA and running the shop from the trenches. But, with things looking better each day, it’s time that we get back into the role of building and operating the company.  For many, the COVID-19 crisis is far from over.  However, the sooner we begin to adjust and build for the future, the better off we will be. Shop Owners are among the hardest working people on the planet. We find ways to get through the most difficult situations. I have no doubt that the lesson’s learned from this crisis will make us stronger and more successful.