• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.

My name is John Petree. I began my business in June, 1984. Formally a JRT(Jaguar, Rover, Triumph) journeyman tech, but found I needed to make a living. I owe the last part of the intro to a bike wreck and a very picky dealership. Thats history from 29 years ago and just a memory.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bobbyt
      Hello to everyone from Houston TX.

I need some advice on buying a running auto repair shop..But I am not a car mechanic..

I have a full time computer programmer job from last 15 years.I make decent living. But from a while now I am planing to own my business.

I am ready to quit my job and work full time on the business.

Typically I see if I buy a running shop, I will get 4 weeks of training from existing owner and my plan is to hire the owner as manager from another 3 months to make sure, I get enough time to settle in.

My only concern, without knowledge of cars know/how. can I run business successfully? How would I know what my mechanics are working on, how much time does it take to work on a job ? How do I hire new mechanics etc?

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Best
      Bobby
    • By ncsvoboda7
      So I am moving away from the automotive industry and will be staring a mobile heavy diesel repair and service business.

Does anyone have any good contacts or know of any forums that would be of benefit to me to get some mentoring and some advice from the pros?

Thanks in advance!
    • By ncsvoboda7
      So we are looking at moving our shop to a really nice shop here in town that has some amenities that we are very excited about but I got to talking with the landlord about the past few shops that had been in there and he told me that he didn't think this location could sustain a $70-80 labor rate. He thought that was probably why the last shop didn't stay busy enough to keep the doors open.

I have always thought that while location can be a great plus that it really truly depends on how you package things and how well you do with marketing and advertising. Ive always seen that good customers will travel a little bit just to come to a shop they like.

What do you all think? How much value should I put in what the landlord was saying? How much does location truly have to do with a shops success? How far will customers travel to come to a good quality shop they love?