Quantcast

So I am moving away from the automotive industry and will be staring a mobile heavy diesel repair and service business.

Does anyone have any good contacts or know of any forums that would be of benefit to me to get some mentoring and some advice from the pros?

Thanks in advance!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Junior
      There is a software package called Complete Auto Reports (CAR), based in NJ. Wondering if anyone is using this software or demoed it? I reached out to them a few months ago to see the software, had a very poor interaction with the representative I dealt with. I still haven't found the software that works best for me so I'm still evaluating packages. I'm thinking about reaching out again and hope my experience was just a bad apple and not representative to the company as a whole. Wondering if anyone else here has any experience with them

• By autobodyguys
      Hey Everyone,
      Curious what everyone is doing for marketing and advertising. What have you found to be the best return for your money and where are you located?? Looking for some ideas for my auto body shop .
      I have tried radio, yelp and yellow pages (never again).
    • By Stevens Automotive Service
      After looking and reading some posts Here are some quick answers to some of them.
      Charging for Diagnostic time... Absolutely and is easy done. 
      Fleet Customers.. Absolutely if you have the man power and shop to handle them. Be careful , you can loose them if your not equipped to support the amount of work. Do your homework.
      Damage and misfortune to a customers vehicle while in your care... If it's your fault just fix it. If not assess and address it quickly, the sooner the better. 
      Know your Business not just part of it... Know it inside and out. Knowing your fixed cost is a must. 
      Spend Wisely ..It takes money to make money keep it balanced , don't invest without returns.
      Advertise Wisely....Quick example : If you are around a large place of business where people work , Hospital, Shopping Mall, Manufacturing Plant Etc there are just a few suggestions of gaining customers for next to nothing cost, to attain those customers. A promotion on a business size card and NO, you don't have to discount a thing. 
      Dealing with employees ..On cell phones , drugs etc whatever you don't address you condone!  
      Hope this helps  Need help with anything, I am a phone call or email away !
      Dan Stevens 
      Stevens Automotive Services  

• By Alex
      Google has a great tool that allows you to check the mobile "friendliness" of your website. Just enter your website url at Google dedicated page: https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly
      You should get something like:

If you don't, time to look into updating your website 😁