• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By [email protected]
      OK. Not to start another parts markup thread but I would like to look at this from another angle. What percentages do you aim when marking up parts when you look at the part categories? 
      Just an example below:
      Brakes 70%
      Struts 30%
      Shocks 50%
      Tires 15-30%
      Maintenance, etc ,etc

The reason I ask is because even a standard parts pricing matrix can blow certain items out of reasonable sale price. I am aware that less expensive items can net larger profits, which also makes up for more expensive items but I am trying to see a base line of what parts markup looks like with these categories.
      Thanks
    • By brian lorenzo
      I have an opportunity to rent a 3rd location in a fairly busy area with a lot of potential. Problem is the current shop that is there owns the building and is moving 3 1/2 miles down the road will be the land lord. 

Is this a good idea? anyone else have this situation?
    • By jfuhrmad
      There are quite a few threads about pricing but I think it might be better to shift that discussion to value.  How do you add value for your customers?  For example, we have a very clean waiting room with coffee, wifi, nice music etc...  We also, answer the phone in the happiest way possible, we use tablets for inspections, we vacuum the front footwells for all oil changes, we have demo parts to help educate customers and we have a 3yr 36k warranty.  Recently I've been trying to dream up ways to add even more value so I can compete hard on what I deliver.  For example, I just added a 20 year master tech, I thought I could vacuum every car and leave a thank you note on the dash.
      What are you doing to add value?  What additional value are you adding that I'm not doing?  I would love to borrow some ideas if you are willing to share.
    • By Elon Block
      There are some interesting statistics about the industry, in this article:
      http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1101171307072&ca=661034f5-54fb-4cde-a898-627f75ff2711
      What do you think the challenges and opportunities are for you and your business?
    • By Elon Block
      Hi everyone,

In case you hadn't heard, here's something you need to be aware of...

AAA is making some changes, in the way they are doing business.

Within the last few years, AAA has decided to build their own company-owned facilities.

Here is a link, with an example of search results, drivers will see when they type in a zip code:
      http://bit.ly/2bk7prG

Pay special attention to the search results marked (AAA Owned Facility).

The facilities are impressive and are gaining traction:
      http://midatlantic.aaa.com/Automotive/ClubOwnedRepair/Aboutus/New

As you can see, their slogan is, "Auto Repair From A Name You Trust".

This is genius marketing, on their part...

Because customers equate the AAA logo, as a shop they can trust.

The other major change they've made is...

The new requirements for the AAA certification renewal.

Many shop owners did not read the fine print or notice the changes to the agreement.

In other words, the fine print requires certified shops to give AAA access to the shop's customer database.

The biggest concern is if you give them access to your customer database and then, they open a AAA Owned Facility, in your backyard...

They now have a built-in customer base they can market to.

What that means to you is...

This a major conflict of interest because now, they have all of your customers' information, which they can use to actively market and essentially steal your customers.

So, this is something to be considered, in deciding to continue to be affiliated, as a AAA certified shop.