• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.

Any thoughts on what to do when tools go missing at the shop? These are tools that I have personally purchased for our employees to use and service vehicles with, but recently I have noticed several tools are missing- pliers, screw drivers, oil filter wrenches, sockets, etc.

Some of our techs might have possibly left them behind while servicing customers vehicles which is a liability on its own in case something were to happen or get stuck. In fact, we have had about two customers coming back to return them to us.

Any opinions on how to handle this matter? Should I forward the cost to replace these tools among the employees equally?

Thanks in advance.

John

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dusty
      http://www.pilgrimstudios.com/casting/garagerehabshop/
      NOW CASTING 
      DISCOVERY CHANNEL WANTS TO HELP YOUR
      TROUBLED AUTO OR MOTORCYCLE BUSINESS

Do you have a commercial auto or motorcycle garage or repair shop that is troubled or failing? 

This is your chance to have Richard Rawlings of Discovery's hit series "Fast N Loud" and his expert team come to your garage, solve your problems and upgrade your space on Discovery's brand new TV show, GARAGE REHAB!

Maybe your tools, lifts and fans are old and broken or your space is falling apart. Maybe you have no idea how to successfully market your business. Maybe your management is bad or your staff doesn't get along. Whatever the case, Richard's team could invest their time and money to help make it a success!

[email protected] 
      Email your Name, Phone Number, a Recent Photo of You and Your Garage
      and tell us briefly why your shop needs this show.

• By Voltek H/EV
      Hello everyone, first post here,
      I'm in the process of opening an actual shop, i've been a mobile mechanic for 10 years. I specialize in hybrid and electric vehicles. I've been searching prices on fluid exchanger machines, lifts and other pricey equipment. I've been looking at some really cheap Chinese equipment on ebay, i'm just wondering if anyone here has successfully used any of this equipment. It's tempting but I know the old "you get what you pay for" mantra. They got lifts for $1,600 and ATF fluid exchangers for $335. Might be worth trying the fluid exchanger on some of my own vehicles for that price. I appreciate any input, thank you!
    • By brian lorenzo
      I am need of some advise. So the last year and a half we have had an up and down roller coaster of a ride. I have spent pat of my time trying to get our newest location up and running and neglected our original. In that time I have had a rash of "bad" employees, both techs and counter people. Quite a few upset customers and quite a turn over. 1 or 2 in particular have completely destroyed our reputation. We lost our core clientele as well as low car caking l, aro and overall phone calls and business. During this stretch, we would have great months when I or my GM would be there full time, then the complaints, and crash when we relaxed. April this year we had our worst month since 2008 right after 4 consecutive good months. Does anyone have any type of suggestions on how to go about repairing the damage that has been done? 
    • By nick
      Hi,

I have wanted to start my own shop for a while. I am having trouble finding resources for this matter. I am wondering how you started your businesses. Capital, business plans, first year profits? I am master tech and make decent money however I have two houses and a family to support. So, to jump into a business I would need enough money to fall back on while the business grows. I would definitely start out with a small shop to keep cost down. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Nick
    • By Yosef Feldman
      Hi!

The battery charger in my shop is on the way out. I am looking to buy a new one. I need something solid that can handle abuse in a busy shop. Has anyone had any great experiences?

Thanks!