Quantcast

Chuy Reyna

The "Uber" Of Auto Repair Is Coming! How Do We Stop It?

Like it isn't hard enough to be a shop owner! A start up company "Otobots" has allocated funds to start "yourmechanic.com."

As a shop owner I disapprove of a company like this, we run honest businesses, and this company is trying to cut our throats! How can we unite and take a stand??

The link to the artical I came across. http://www.dailydot.com/technology/otobots-uber-car-repair-on-demand/

Here is a link to the site https://www.yourmechanic.com

Edited by Chuy Reyna

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Businesses on First Page of Google Have an Avg. 4.4 Star Rating

Interesting article on Search Engine Journal about the importance of business reviews. Your business listing is prompted up with more positive reviews which is especially important for local area search. Google Local Search Study: Businesses on First Page Have an Avg. 4.4 Star Rating Businesses ranking on the first page of Google local search results have an average review rating of 4.42 stars. This information was revealed in a recent study from BrightLocal which examines Google reviews and how they relate to local rankings. A high star rating was found to strongly correlate with better rankings in Google search. Businesses ranking in the top 3 positions are more likely to have an average star rating of 4-5 stars (64% of businesses have 4-5 stars). Out of those ranking in positions 7-10 59% of were found to have a 4-5 star rating. Only 20% of businesses in positions 1-3 were found to have no Google reviews, compared to 26% of businesses in positions 7-10. Those numbers stress the importance of having a favorable star rating when it comes to ranking well in Google local search. Positive reviews send signals to Google that the business is trustworthy and provides a good experience for customers. Therefore, Google will be more likely to direct people toward those businesses when searching for what they offer.   Other Key Findings from the Study Only 5% of businesses have an average star rating below 3 stars Photographers, alternative therapy businesses, and marketing services have the highest average star ratings Senior living services, car dealerships, and hotels have the lowest average star ratings Bars, restaurants, and hotels are the industries that are most likely to have Google Reviews Accountants are the least likely industry to have reviews on Google Results from this study are based on the analysis of 93,000 businesses’ Google reviews in 26 industries. Another recent study from Moz further illustrates the growing importance of Google My Business signals in local search results.   Article: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-local-search-study-businesses-on-first-page-have-an-avg-4-4-star-rating/279895/

By Alex, in Website Tips

• 0 replies
    • Auto shop owner new forum topics

Just got my e-mail on the latest forum topics. Out of 20 topics 7 are marketing ads from the same person. Also under popular forum topics of 5, 3 are ads also by same person of which no discussion took place. So how are these popular. I get a ton of advertising e-mail. Just didn't expect this from ASO. I do look into some ASO sponsor ads. But this is not necessary.

By slowtech, in Member Feedback

• 14 replies
    • It's like Auto Shop Owner's 911 Help! - By Invitation ONLY

This video is by invitation only!    Hope this helps!
      Matthew Lee
      "The Car Count Fixer"
      Grow your Car Count, Income and Profits at Car Count Hackers on YouTube!

By JustTheBest, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 0 replies
    • This is Embarrassing. My Biggest Mistakes as a Shop Owner

Yes, a little embarrassing, but it's better that I share these mistakes I made rather than you have to go through them.    Hope this helps! I welcome your comments! Are you making any of these mistakes?  Matthew Lee
      "The Car Count Fixer"
      Grow your Car Count, Income and Profits with Car Count Hackers on YouTube!

By JustTheBest, in Shop Management Coaching, Business Training, Consulting

• 0 replies
    • New Shop Owner

Hi everyone.  My name is Jeff.  I'm in Prince Edward Island, Canada.  Just purchased the shop I've been working at since 2006 last week.  Excited to get to work!  Awesome site, I've spent hours reading all the posts and catching up.  Looking forward to contributing and learning from such a great group of shop owners.  Thank you all!

By Jeff Ford, in New Member's Area

• 6 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors