Quantcast

Has anyone signed up with hirefrederick.com

I haven't used them, but I can tell you that they're pretty good at marketing themselves. I see them everywhere I go online, so they're good at reaching their target audience. I have no idea if that translates into more cars and better customers for their clients.

With the risk of sounding "pushy", why would you basically "contract" something like that out?? First of all, your shop isn't a restaurant. People eat 3x a day - and (if you're lucky) they get their car serviced every three months - and I'm sure you've got stories about some that have been much longer. 

But really. There's a few really simple thing you can do to get customers back - and make them more personal too. Here's a couple of examples that WORK. How do I know?? Private clients of mine use them all the time - and they wouldn't do it if it was nothing but HOT AIR. 

1) Customer Newsletter - MAILED - Yeah, I know... mail is dead, right? Not so fast. Would you publish a 4 page simple newsletter that returned thousands of dollars a month - each and every month - in business from repeat customers? Probably, right?
2) Text Message Marketing - There's 2 facts to consider here: A) Customers USUALLY don't even remember who, or where they got their last oil change done. Secondly, what do YOU do when your text message reminder goes off? You check the message, right? Great! You're just like 300 million other Americans. Fact is that text messages get read - and usually within minutes. 

3) Customer Referral Program - Not the "instant" car count fixer, but better quality customers. Why?? Because your good customers hang around people just like them. You know, birds of a feather... blah, blah. Well, it's true! 

The biggest issue is using SYSTEMS. That means is't almost automatically done - no matter what. And no, you don't have to waste a bunch of money doing it. I would be pleased to hear what YOUR specific problems are if you want to  pick up the phone and call me Toll Free at 888-772-2069 or drop me a line by clicking here 

Hope this helps!

Matthew Lee
"The Car Count Fixer"

Get "The Official Guide to Auto Service Marketing"

Fix Your Car Count in 17 Minutes... Guaranteed!

The Shop Owner's Unfair Advantage FREE Access

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

• By Joe Marconi in Joe's Blog
      Typically, when productivity suffers, the shop owner or manager directs their attention to the technicians. Are they doing all they can do to maintain high billable hours? Are they as efficient as they can be?  Is there time being wasted throughout the technician’s day? 
      All these reasons factor into production problems, but before we point fingers at the technicians, let’s consider a few other factors.
      Are estimates being written properly? Are labor testing and inspections being billed out correctly? Are you charging enough for testing and inspecting, especially for highly specialized electrical, on-board computer issues, and other complex drivability work?  Is there a clear workflow process everyone follows that details every step from the write-up to vehicle delivery? Do you track comebacks, and is that affecting production?  Is the shop layout not conducive to high production? For example, is it unorganized, where shop tools, technical information, and equipment are not easily accessible to every technician?  Are you charging the correct labor rate and allowing for variables such as rust, vehicle age, and the fact that most labor guides are wrong? Also, is there effective communication between the tech and the service advisor to ensure that extra labor time is accounted for and billed to the customer? These are a few of the top reasons for low productivity problems. There are others, but the main point is to look at the entire operation. Productivity is a team effort.  Blaming the techs or other staff members does not get to the root cause in most cases.
      Maintaining adequate production levels is the responsibility of management to create the processes that will lead to high production while holding everyone accountable.