Quantcast

Reggie

Holiday/vacation pay for flat rate employees

We recently switched from hourly to flat rate for our techs. I am having a hard time figuring out what to pay an employee if they have taken vacation times. What rate do I pay them at?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TallmadgeTire
      I'm curious to hear about pay structures out there that are successful.  We pay all of our techs hourly, regardless of what is billed, and then offer a bonus program based on productivity each week.  Ie, they bill 60% of the time they were paid for, they get $xx additional dollars per hour, bill 70%, get $x, bill 80%, get $x etc etc.
      Anyone have any pay structures that are working well for them that they would want to share?  I've debated flat rate, but not sure how other non-billable tasks would get handled - ie unloading tire deliveries, cleaning up the shop, shuttling customers, etc.  
      Our current structure seems difficult for the techs to track, so I'm hoping to simplify as well as motivate them.  
    • By Reggie
      How do you spit time when one of your flat rate team members is off for part or all of a day?