Quantcast

DUFRESNES

SOCIAL MEDIA ATTACK SNOWBALL

I NEED HELP.  I have been in business 48 years.  We had our best year ever, finally over 1 million in our small shop. I have always prided myself on our reputation.  We recently had a vehicle that had a drain plug not put back in and in return the engine went bad.  We replaced it with an engine with fewer miles. Both engines her old one and the replacement needed a timing belt.  The customer originally agreed to pay $650.00 for a new timing belt reduced price, when we put the engine in.  Finished the job and then she didn’t want to pay. We eventually said fine just pick up the car. We had asked her to sign a confidentially agreement because she had her son, sister, ex-husband and uncle  come in yelling.   She has turned us into the BBB which we have  A plus rating.  We responded with she could pick up the car anytime for Zero dollars.   We are being pounded in social media website NEXT DOOR.  It is like a snowball going downhill getting bigger and bigger.  Can’t get it to stop.  I responded on the site.  I didn’t do a he said she said.  I just laid out the facts.  I know people read what I had to say and appreciated it.  I even had a person stop in and say it took a lot of guts to respond like I did.  But he couldn’t say anything because he is a business owner and didn’t want to be attacked for it.  With all that being said we have many wonderful customers.  We have 667 five start reviews with only 8- 1 star reviews.  I know I am not the first person to be attacked like this on social media.  Any ideas would be much appreciated. If interested attached is my reply that went on the neighborhood site.   You can even call me.  503 646 2940 

randi gant.docx