Quantcast

I hope everyone had a great month. April seemed to be off for a lot of shops, so if yours was one of them I hope it turned around for you.

I had a great month!  My guys turned in an all time record month. They beat the snot out of the previous record by $15K, and had a higher GP doing it. Car count is up, ARO is up, and I spent most of the month at the lake working on my boat while my guys took care of business.

Tomorrow is one of my favorite times. I get to go in and write some serious commission checks. I'll probably flip everyone a Benjamin while I'm at it.

Life is good.

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By CarterSD
      Hi all - first time poster here. I’m opening a quick repair / tune up shop in California soon so Im trying to get an idea of what the financials will look like. If I offer the below services when I open, what Product Sales percentages would be reasonable to expect? For example, is assuming ~30% of sales coming from Oil Changes too high? Too low? 

Service Sales % Oil & Filter Change   Transmission Fluid Flush   Cooling System Flush   Brake Fluid Flush   Engine Air Filter Replacement   Cabin Air Filter Replacement   Wiper Blade Replacement   Spark Plug Replacement   Pre-purchase Car Inspection   Car is not starting (inspection)   Check Engine Light is on (inspection) Thank you for any feedback!
      best, 
      Carter
    • By ncautoshop
      Many of us were once techs, but now hold the management role within our facilities - and as much as we'd love to say we're as technically proficient as we once were, the reality is technology is changing SO quickly that it's tough at times to stay on top of it! 
      Scan tools are being released at a dizzying pace, and the features required aren't what they were 5 years ago!
      In this episode of the ASOG Podcast, David and I talk with Brandon Dills of Jarhead Diagnostics about just that! 
      Brandon shares his scan tool choices and what tool, if he could choose only one, that he would purchase!
      We also talk some techncian perspective and there's even some dealer perspective in there! 
      Make sure you listen to the whole things, as there's some killer information mixed in 😉
      You can listen on your favorite listening app here:
      https://www.buzzsprout.com/1182755/7851337-asog-podcast-ep-21-is-your-shop-under-equipped-with-brandon-dills-of-jarhead-diagnostics
      There's also a live premiere on YouTube currently! Go and share your opinion with other listeners!
      Please considering liking, subscribing, sharing, reviewing or commenting on your favorite platform! It really helps us know how to better serve this community!
      https://youtu.be/J7Wu29AA_FM
    • By carmcapriotto
      Trish Serratore is the Senior Vice President of Communication at ASE
      She works closely with all of the organizations within the ASE Industry/Education initiative, which also includes ASE and the Automotive Training Managers Council (ATMC), to help provide the qualified automotive professionals the industry needs today and tomorrow. Links to Trish’s episodes HERE.
      Key Talking Points:
      ASE update from 2020-2021Test centers were initially closed- extended certifications. IT-enabled 40 people to be able to work remotely- most important was customer service employees.  Test centers opened with COVID regulations and restrictions in June  New website launch My ASE account on the homepage  Test prep for free Remote proctoring for future- take recertification test at home  All auto tests are now translated to Spanish  New certification program for army tactical wheeled vehicles3 levels of testing You don’t have to be in armed service to take the test Gives the army its own credential for internal use  ASE will be 50 years old next year- oldest occupational credential programs in-country, and one of the first  Studies show technicians who are ASE certified are more productive.  Developed task list and created ADAS composite vehicle- 2022 launch   ASE renewal appSoft launch early 2020 with 1000 subscribers, now has over 8,500  ASE certifications within businessHang signs, put a patch on, display ASE certificates to your customer- share you have invested in your employees, so your customers have the best possible service.  Differentiate yourself from other businesses Resources:
      Thanks to Trish Serratore for her contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast. Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page, highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP's HERE Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode is segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
      Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email
      Join the Ecosystem - Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE.
      Buy me a coffee
      NAPA AutoCare’s PROimage program makes it easy for you to make the most of the NAPA brand. A PROimage upgrade lets you maintain your shop’s identity as a reliable, locally-owned business while letting your customers and potential customers know you’re partnering with NAPA, the most recognized and trusted name in the automotive aftermarket. AutoCare Centers that have completed a PROimage exterior upgrade enjoy an average 23 percent sales increase during the first year.
      You can also choose to go PROimage on the interior and transform your customer waiting area from merely utilitarian to warm and welcoming. You can even get a free look by visting www.NAPAAutoCare.com and clicking on the NAPA PROimage link under the NAPA PROimage tab. Of course, the AutoCare site is also the place to go to find out about all the advantages being part of the NAPA family has to offer.
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By MINI4U
      We are in desperate need of techs. I tried Indeed and was very dissatisfied with the "talent" they sent us. I am considering Find A Wrench they post on Indeed as well as Zip Recruiter and some 90 other companies as well as social media. Has anyone tried them or ACT Auto Staffing? 
    • By ASOG Podcast
      This wasn't supposed to be an episode...

David was simply asked to edit the audio of a conversation between Lucas Underwood and Dutch Silverstein of A&M Auto Service in Pineville, NC.

However, the conversation was so impactful, David decided to release it as a full episode.

Enjoy!
      Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/AutoShopOwnersGroup)

• Our Sponsors