You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2016 Presidential Elections Thread

Crazy times we are witnessing. With just 30 days left to the election and the second presidential debate tonight, how's everyone feeling? Don't forget to vote in our poll attached to this thread.   A little SNL humor for you, if you didn't get a chance to see..        

By Alex, in Non-Automotive Discussions

• 61 replies
    • Vote, it's Election Day Today

Here's a quote for Election Day:   "Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting"   Franklin D. Roosevelt  

By Joe Marconi, in Non-Automotive Discussions

• 4 replies
    • What Election Day Means

As we near the presidential election, I feel compelled to say a few words. What I will not do is turn this post into a political position or voice personal opinions on how I will vote. My intentions are to keep this post neutral. Rather, the importance of this election and every election is to recognize who we are as free nation. We are a melting pot of people who have migrated here from literally around the world. Even the American Indians trace their roots back to Asia. This diversity gives us great strength and a unique heritage.   My own family migrated from Italy in the early 1900’s, coming through Elis Island and settling in New York City. As a child I remember hearing stories of the old country, but my family also spoke about how proud and fortunate we are that we are now Americans. I clearly remember my parents, who would switch from speaking Italian to English, stop themselves and would tell each other, “We are Americans now; we need to speak English, not Italian”. My father told me time and time again growing up, “You are an American. Yes you have an Italian ancestry, but never forget that you are an American”. Patriotism, hard work and family were the ethics I grew up with.   When my father enlisted in the Army the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed, he was asked if he had a problem fighting the Italians. My father sternly told that person, “I am an American and proud to serve and fight for this country”. This sentiment embodied my childhood.   At every Election Day my father would remind the family, “It is not just a right, but our obligation to vote on Election Day”. He would tell us often, “Whether you are a democrat or republican or whatever, don’t blindly vote your party line, vote for the person you feel is the best person for the job”.   So, with Election Day almost here, let us not forget our obligation as Americans and work to continue to make this Nation the greatest nation in the world.

By Joe Marconi, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 8 replies
      • 1 reply
    • My Election Day Opinion

I usually don’t mix politics with business, but this year is different. I feel that we need to get out and vote in order to preserve our future. There is a strong movement toward bigger government and more government control. And I don’t like it.   I don’t know what side of the isle you stand on, but I want less government in my life and business, not more. I pay enough taxes. It’s time that the people of this great nation take a long hard look at what is going on in Washington. Our president promised us change, but never told us what that change would be.   Thomas Jefferson said it best…   "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

By Joe Marconi, in Non-Automotive Discussions

• 7 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors