Quantcast

HOW DO YOU TAKE YOUR COFFEE

xrac

HOW DO YOU TAKE YOUR COFFEE  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 months later...

You didn't include any of the flavored fruru coffees... which is fine because I can't stand them. My only twist on my black and strong preference is that it usually ends up cold. I have to make a cup as soon as I get to the office, but by the time I get to drinking it, it is usually cold. I've learned to live with it.

Convenience store coffee, 1 scoop Casein Protein (creamy vanilla flavor), 1 scoop Whey Protein (vanilla ice cream flavor), about a 1/2 cup heavy cream. Tastes fantastic. Not hungry until lunch.

Haha, holy cow, is it thick enough you need to use a spoon to eat it, or is it still liquid form?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2017 at 1:55 PM, mmotley said:

Haha, holy cow, is it thick enough you need to use a spoon to eat it, or is it still liquid form?

Still liquid, but pretty heavy. I've made coffee for my friends a few times, and the response is always the same. FANTASTIC!! They can't believe how tasty it is, and they're full until lunch.

• 3 weeks later...

Being from Minnesota, Caribou Caribou blend from the Keurig with cream and sugar......HOWEVER  Tim Hortons just opened up 3 blocks from the shop, so Saturday mornings its an XL double double with two crullers. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Alex unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

5 comments
      I recently spoke with a friend of mine who owns a large general repair shop in the Midwest. His father founded the business in 1975. He was telling me that although he’s busy, he’s also very frustrated. When I probed him more about his frustrations, he said that it’s hard to find qualified technicians. My friend employs four technicians and is looking to hire two more. I then asked him, “How long does a technician last working for you.” He looked puzzled and replied, “I never really thought about that, but I can tell that except for one tech, most technicians don’t last working for me longer than a few years.”
      Judging from personal experience as a shop owner and from what I know about the auto repair industry, I can tell you that other than a few exceptions, the turnover rate for technicians in our industry is too high. This makes me think, do we have a technician shortage or a retention problem? Have we done the best we can over the decades to provide great pay plans, benefits packages, great work environments, and the right culture to ensure that the techs we have stay with us?
      Finding and hiring qualified automotive technicians is not a new phenomenon. This problem has been around for as long as I can remember. While we do need to attract people to our industry and provide the necessary training and mentorship, we also need to focus on retention. Having a revolving door and needing to hire techs every few years or so costs your company money. Big money! And that revolving door may be a sign of an even bigger issue: poor leadership, and poor employee management skills.
      Here’s one more thing to consider, for the most part, technicians don’t leave one job to start a new career, they leave one shop as a technician to become a technician at another shop. The reasons why they leave can be debated, but there is one fact that we cannot deny, people don’t quit the company they work for, they usually leave because of the boss or manager they work for.
      Put yourselves in the shoes of your employees. Do you have a workplace that communicates, “We appreciate you and want you to stay!”
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      Can a break-up be the catalyst for an entrepreneurial leap? Find out during Shawn Gilfillan's 20 questions in 30 minutes episode! Shawn also discusses the importance of a strong business culture, mentorship, and the joy of hobbies like aviation. Shawn shares strategies for managing gross margins and the significance of client experience. Shawn Gilfillan, Automotive Magic, Kenvil and Lake Hopatcong, NJ. Shawn’s previous episodes HERE Show Notes
      Automotive Magic (00:00:17) Shawn Gilfillan discusses the founding of Automotive Magic on April Fool's Day in 2003. Life Calibration (00:00:41) Shawn talks about his work with Chris Lawson and the high-performance team coaching program at Life Calibration. Life Calibration: From Burnout to Balance [THA 348]: https://remarkableresults.biz/remarkable-results-radio-podcast/a348/ Mentorship and Self-Development (00:04:54) Shawn discusses the impact of mentors and self-development in his journey as a shop owner. Hobbies (00:06:10) Shawn talks about his hobbies, including aviation. Motivation and Business Culture (00:07:46) Shawn shares his motivation for getting up in the morning and discusses how he creates opportunities for others to thrive and elevates their performance. Advice and Fear (00:11:49) Shawn shares advice on overcoming fear and empowering employees as an owner/CEO. Book Recommendation (00:13:13) Shawn recommends "Hero on a Mission" by Donald Miller and discusses its impact on his perspective as a business owner. Building Business Culture (00:14:50) Shawn discusses the challenges and importance of building a strong business culture from the top down. Culture and Team Dynamics (00:15:40) Discussion on creating a positive work culture and building a cohesive team. Leadership and Vision (00:16:29) The importance of establishing a vision and values from the start, and involving the team in maintaining the culture. Client Experience and Relationship Building (00:19:36) Strategies for understanding and meeting client needs, and building strong client relationships. Adaptability and Change (00:20:47) The significance of embracing change and adapting to business challenges. Leadership Crisis and Team Support (00:21:00) Dealing with unexpected managerial crises and the importance of team support. Personal Development and Skills (00:23:14) The desire for new skills and personal development, such as learning magic tricks. Business Management and Gross Margin (00:24:14) Strategies for managing gross margin and keeping front-end operations efficient. Car Count and Scheduling (00:25:35) Strategies for managing car count, scheduling, and maintaining workflow in the shop. Future Reservations and Client Commitment (00:27:21) The importance of setting future reservations and ensuring client commitment to scheduled appointments. Leadership Communication (00:29:17) Encouraging a shift in language and communication to emphasize the importance of future reservations. Hiring and Relationships (00:30:12) Discussion on hiring and relationships in the workplace, including the impact of personal relationships on work performance. Dream Car (00:31:37) Shawn's dream car and the enjoyment he derives from it. Opening a New Shop (00:32:11) The three important needs for opening a new shop: location, good people, and effective marketing. Marketing Strategy (00:32:33) The success of giving away the first hundred oil changes for free as a marketing strategy. Firing a Customer (00:33:52) A recent incident of firing a customer due to their attitude and behavior at the shop.
      Thanks to our Partner, NAPA Auto Care Learn more about NAPA Auto Care and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting https://www.napaonline.com/en/auto-care Connect with the Podcast: -Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RemarkableResultsRadioPodcast/ -Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/carmcapriotto -Follow on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carmcapriotto/ -Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/remarkableresultsradiopodcast/ -Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RResultsBiz -Visit the Website: https://remarkableresults.biz/ -Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider -All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books -Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom -Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm -The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com -Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections    
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      Will diagnostic work overtake remove and replace work? How will you position and present your shop as a technologically advanced repair center? What training will our employees need? How will artificial intelligence impact our industry? Will we be prepared? Join Jake Sorensen, Chris Chesney and Derek Kaufman as they discuss the shop of the future. Jake Sorensen, 2019 NAPA ASE Technician of the Year and 2019 Ratchet + Wrench All-Star technician of the year. Shop manager and diagnostic technician at McNeil’s Auto Care in Sandy, UT Listen to Jake’s previous episodes HERE
      Chris Chesney, Training and Organizational Development, Repairify. Chris’ previous episodes HERE
      Derek Kaufman, Managing Partner, Schwartz Advisors, President of C3 Network. Listen to Derek’s previous episodes HERE
      Show Notes:
      Looking up and reading service procedures is already a must, but even more so as technology advances. Example: ADAS systems now require calibrations when performing repairs like an alignment or bumper cover removal. If you change a headlight assembly that requires bumper R&R, you may need to perform a radar calibration. The only way to know for sure is to read service information. Reading technical information/technical reading skills- much different than reading newspaper or Facebook posts, a book etc. Evelyn Wood speed reading course- reading with purpose An explosion of information- computing power for all industries  2022 captures over a trillion data points that will be aggregated to provide insights AI- mining data for trends Diffusion of innovation curve- 17+ years for EV’s We have expected Technicians to be masters of everything.  Many better diagnostic technicians are inefficient at R&R and do not enjoy it. Shift mindset to a technology industry Even today, electric vehicles account for 18% of new vehicles sold, and those won't be in our bays tomorrow. By 2030 the population of vehicles in operations, over 300 million, and only 8% will be electrified. Get ready, or some other service industry will beat you to the punch How are you presenting your shop to the public?
      Thanks to our Partners Shop-Ware and Delphi Technologies Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com Delphi Technologies: Keeping current on the latest vehicle systems and how to repair them is a must for today’s technicians. DelphiAftermarket.com
      Connect with the Podcast
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Support our partners:

• By carmcapriotto
      Key Talking Points
      Dealership “trains” customers that they need to have their car serviced at the dealership. Let the service speak for itself The warranty on repairs is only 12 months/12,000 miles, some imports have just upped the warranty to 24 months/24,000 miles- independents can offer 3 years 36,000 Offering better product as a whole-perception of professionalism (atmosphere/waiting area/website/exterior etc) “Let us be your Google.” Developing lifetime customers- personal touch and building trust Offering convenience- loaner vehicles, pickup and delivery services to our customers at no cost, Uber and Lyft rides We use the best quality OEM parts.  We offer a touchless service that uses a secure online payment portal as well as an outdoor lockbox system. Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com

Are you seeing auto shops in your area get hundreds of 5-star Google reviews and are you feeling left behind because your shop only has a few?
      Hey look, Broadly is your answer to getting more online reviews. With more reviews, your business will rank higher in search results — and that means more customers coming into your shop every day. Broadly helps you automatically request reviews so that your customers can promote your business with just one click. When you immediately ask for a review after service, when the experience is still fresh in their mind, you’re more likely to get a 5-star positive review. Plus, asking for feedback makes your customer feel valued and more connected to your business. Isn’t that what you want a connected customer? See how Broadly can help grow your auto shop.  Visit www.getbroadly.com/chat to learn more.
      The Panel
      Jake Sorensen, McNeil's Auto Care, Sandy, UT 2019 NAPA ASE Technician of the Year and 2019 Ratchet + Wrench All-Star technician of the year. He is an ASE Master technician with L1,2 and 3 advanced level certifications. He is the shop manager and diagnostic technician at McNeil’s Auto Care in Sandy, UT where he helped develop an apprenticeship program that is registered with the U.S. Department of Labor. This program has graduated several high-performing automotive technicians and was used by NAPA Auto Care as a template for their automotive apprenticeship program. Jake also developed the curriculum for an automotive course that he teaches at an adult education high school. Listen to Jake’s previous episodes HERE
      Jorge Gilligan, Revolution Motor Works, Finksburg, MD Listen to Jorge's Episodes HERE.
      Jon Kloosterman, Director of Operations WestSide Auto Group, Zeeland, MI, 3 Locations. Jon started in the Automotive Industry in 2008 as a General Service Technician for Westside Auto Group. In 2012 he became a full time Service Advisor as Westside Auto Group expanded their original location from 3 to 7 bays. He has been part of Westside Auto Group’s growth process holding Manager positions in multiple locations. In 2020 he became the Director of Operations for what is now a 3 location operation that serves communities in West Michigan. He holds multiple ASE Certifications and has had the opportunity to serve on multiple different panels in West Michigan’s Independent world. Listen to Jon's Episodes HERE

• By Changing The Industry
      In this episode, David and Lucas sit down with a former Master level Automotive Technician and now a renowned educator and owner of Farpoint Farms and the ...
    • By carmcapriotto
      Bob Greenwood, AMAM (Accredited Master Automotive Manager) is President and C.E.O. of Automotive Aftermarket E-Learning Centre Ltd. (AAEC). AAEC is a company focused on providing Business Management Resources and Development for the Independent Sector of the aftermarket industry. AAEC content and technology is recognized as part of the curriculum of the Fixed Operations Diploma and the Aftermarket Degree courses taken at the Automotive Business School of Canada at Georgian College located in Barrie Ontario Canada. This school is the leader and only college in Canada that offers an automotive business education. AAEC is also recognized by the Automotive Management Institute (AMI), located in North Richland Hills, Texas USA, allowing 80 credits for successful completion of the AAEC E-Learning portion of the site towards the 120 credits required to obtain the reputable Accredited Automotive Manager (AAM) designation.
      Bob has over 40 years of Business Management experience within the Independent sector of the automotive aftermarket industry in North America, consulting Independent retail shops on all facets of their business operations. His 18 years of running his own local consulting and accounting firm in Ottawa, Ontario Canada created some of the most productive and financially successful entrepreneurs within the Independent sector today.
      Bob is one of 150 Worldwide AMI approved instructors. He has created Business Management development courses for aftermarket shop employers/managers, Jobbers and Jobber Sales representatives which are recognized as being the most comprehensive, industry-specific courses of their kind in North America. His courses address the creation of measurable bottom-line profitability and not just developing activity to keep busy, by covering the very detailed nuts and bolts issues that are required to be clearly understood by every level of the industry if an independent shop is going to financially prosper and enjoy a professional future. Bob’s previous episodes are HERE.
      Link to Automotive Aftermarket E-Learning Centre Ltd. (AAEC) HERE.
      [email protected] - email for the full list1-800-267-5497 to discuss any questions Classic Episodes
      Episode 571- Bob Greenwood with Chris Cloutier: Industry terminology, time to change it  Episode 387- Bob Greenwood Eric Ziegler Key Talking Points:

We need to better understand our target clients. Who are they? Why do they buy? What do they really want? What is our internal gameplan as a company to build a long-lasting trustworthy relationship?
      Building client base business vs customer base business- clients have relationships and trust with the business. Building relationships takes time, you can’t do it while understaffed. One service advisor for every 2 licensed technicians. Educating the client takes full conversations- manage their vehicle based on how they use it and expectations of vehicle.  
      There's a need to improve focus and productivity, we need to create a culture of commitment and accountability and we must deal more effectively with non-performance. Do we believe in accountability as an important part of the business culture?
      Business culture- what do you stand for? Team concept in business that everyone wants to be a part of, everyone's opinion counts including feedback. Employees are working on their career instead of working their ‘job’ because they want to be a part of the business. Committed and accountable to each other. 
      Accountable- what are we doing on behalf of the clients and how do we measure that? Measure it in billed hours per repair order. Are we producing the right billed hours as a team daily, weekly monthly?
      We need more clarity and consistency from the top- is management fully accountable to the business?
      Leader of the discussion for team- clarity, and consistency in message, explain it properly, have a discussion on how you see it and how the team sees it. Daily discussion 5-8 minutes keeps the team engaged 
      We need to create true two-way communication throughout our organization
      Owners often use generalities instead of specifics when engaging with the team. Don’t be afraid of discussing numbers- only confidential numbers are on your balance sheet. Let your team understand how income works and how they each affect it. Educate your team on the business in every aspect
      Ask about your employees- mutual respect and care about their life outside of the business
      Our industry is changing quickly- redefine and reinvent some aspects of the business. Are there specific courses we must take to clarify our industry and business knowledge?
      Education is everything- technical, business, front counter, etc. Has to be ongoing. Technician minimum 100 hours a year of training, management 6-8 days a year of training. You need to plan out courses/training for the year ahead of time.  

Resources:
      Thanks to Bob Greenwood for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast. Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
      Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email
      Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP's HERE
      Join the Ecosystem - Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE.
      Buy me a coffee
      This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve.  The Virtual AAPEX Experience 2020 is in the record books. Virtual AAPEX lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on the homecoming in Las Vegas in 2021. Mark your calendar now … November 2-4, 2021, AAPEX // Now more than ever.

This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

• Our Sponsors