Quantcast

I'm sorry, but our Advance/CarQuest quality and customer support experience over eleven years in this business has been sub par. I can only speak about our area, but the overall support ranging from counter people to national programs has been very weak. Years ago we forbid our SWs from buying starters and alternators from them because the failure rates were atrocious. We became NAPA Autocare and, yes, they have product product problems too, but the warranty is bullet-proof and the customer support is as well. I can only speak for the Richmond VA distribution center and the folks that take care of us out of there. Also, our local stores are privately owned and the store owners are dedicated to making NAPA a lot more than just a place you buy parts. We expect a lot from our suppliers in terms of delivery time, quality of support, and programs that make us look like we are aligned with a national entity and NAPA has consistently delivered.

• 2 weeks later...

Changed three Cardone gear boxes on one truck this week and 4 calipers on one vehicle that my advance CAM says are all Cardone products. The cam, driver and parts pro all say this is becoming an everyday thing. The gear boxes threads were trashed for the lines, actually smashed in, the others the pitman shafts was damaged. Calipers were sticking and externally looked remand but internally hadn't been touched. I almost feel as if some of these had already been returned and resold but I'm not positive of that. Considering we get half of our hourly rate and get treated less than fairly in the warranty process I think I'll be forced to go elsewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Edited by ncautoshop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We put a cardone rack in a Volvo, lasted about 2 weeks before the input shaft seal blew out and ruined the pump. Investigation proved the lower snap ring wasn't installed properly. Customer doesn't care - they paid me and it didn't get fixed is all they know. Napa paid me enough to cover the techs pay to do it again. Live and learn, now I suggest new OEM parts if the customer wants to take a chance on reman junk they know the risk.