Quantcast

Joe, our local advance doesn't recommend any parts or use dialog like "_________ is bad". They just give them the code number and definition. Not once have I heard them go beyond that. As a matter of fact if the customer ask for a diagnosis they recommend one of the local shops and explain that the code only gives direction and not a diagnosis. That being said I'm sure there's some rouge employees who don't do that and some stores may just try and sell whatever parts they can. I agree it gives folks the wrong idea of what a diagnosis is and how much it should cost.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Joe, I agree with you.  However, I think there many people behind the counter at these places don't know that it is not a true diagnosis.  Some of them are in the same shoes as the general public.  I am not trying to belittle the true professionals that work there but many of the employees they hire are not top tier.  These are the ones likely to be found working evenings and weekends.  Joe, good luch on any conversations.

We try and help educate there staff while we're in there. It let's them see we know our stuff and it ups their ability to help their customers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2