Quantcast

MINI4U

Credit card processing anyone heard of The Automotive Payment Club or have a good company they use?

We use our bank for credit card processing and they are not too bad. I tried a couple other places after falling for sales pitches over the years and it was a disaster so I have been reluctant to move away from the bank.

I know it "should" be less expensive to use a company outside of the bank. Got a flyer from The Automotive Payment Club promising:

Special APC pricing

No monthly PCI Fees

0 annual fee

No contract term

0 monthly junk fees

Free Credit card machine

Zero upfront/Start up cost

Anyone use these guys or have a company that they are happy with?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By [email protected]
      I am looking to start accepting cards to open the opportunity for more business and I know there have been too many bait and switch stories and hidden or rising fees. 
      I use Mitchell1 for my shop software and online data and they offer their integrated payment system called XCharge and I spoke to a sales rep over the phone who said there were no monthly fees, 1.6% on credit cards, $0.29 across the board for debit and bla bla. Of course I believe that manual entry was more and also amex/discover I think was more. They also have a program called First Mile but didn't ask about that.
      Any thoughts??
    • By DUFRESNES
      Up to a couple of months ago, we would ask each customer debit or credit.  If they ran a debit, they put i their pin and there wasn't a signature line.  If it  ran it as a credit, they didn't have to put their pin in and they would sign.  Why you ask if this such a big deal.  It means about 400.00 more a month.  A debit card no matter the amount of the sale, it was .25 if it was run as a credit it is a percentage such as 1.78% - 2.5%  I have been on the phone to Key Bank and to 1st Data, emails and etc.  Nobody knows anything about what could have happened except to say that is the way Visa wants it.   I have said do you suppose there will be a class action.  Just one more way to make money for our credit card charges.  According to the people in charge nobody else has this problem but me.  Funny thing Saturday I was at the plant store and I have a Visa Credit Card and it asked me debit or credit. 
    • By Alex
      Oil filters are one of those important parts categories that every shop usually stocks, to turn bays faster and offer an oil change service as a way to capture needed maintenance and repairs. 
      What is your preferred brand of oil filters and why? Are you stocking oil filters in your shop? How do you keep your inventory stocked and updated if you do? Who is your oil filter supplier and why? Are you using a standard or premium oil filter on average? If you service trucks, are you using Heavy Duty filters; Baldwin, Fleetguard, Luberfiner, etc.?
    • By Alex
      Automotive Batteries
      What is your preferred brand of automotive batteries and why?
      Who is the supplier of that brand to you?
      What are the battery series that are available in that brand, and what are the warranties?
      Who manufactures your choice of battery?
    • By Joe Marconi
      In my 38 year business career, it has always been an issue with summer vacations.  We want our employees to enjoy life, but the summer is our busiest time. What are shop owners doing to maintain production, while balancing vacation time?

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors