Quantcast

Hi everyone,

As many of you know i am planning a complete tire and auto shop that i would like to start in a few years, i am currently looking into the financial section of my business plan.

I would like to know first of all if anyone has any advice for me when it comes to finances and funding the startup? Also if you have stories of what worked or didn't work that would be great!

Lastly I am looking for resources for funding the business startup when i am ready to start so how did you all fund your business startups? what resources can i use to fund the shop when i start it? What can I expect for a typical startup cost in general?

Thanks for your input!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By David Harper
      Hello ...... I'm new to this forum so bear with me lol
      I've been in the automotive industry my entire life, working in retail environments, small family owned shops and a few large new car dealers. My wife and I are trying to open our own place and are currently in the middle of financial projections. Part of that is estimating our fixed and variable costs. We are in NH and I've been getting rough estimates for liability insurance for the business from a number of different Insurance companies. These estimates are all over the map! Anywhere from $900 a year to almost $6000! My question for the forum is ....... does anyone have a realistic idea of what this coverage should cost?
      Thanks
      Dve
    • By sweitzerperformance
      Hello everyone. I am well into the process of starting my own shop. The plan is to open our doors for business October 1st this year. I won't pretend to be the most knowledgable with business, but am putting forth as much effort to prepare as I can. I hope to find a couple mentors here who would be willing to help me through this startup time and beyond. Things like refining the business plan, financing options, etc.

I look forward to learning from you all!
    • By ncsvoboda7
      Ok I posted yesterday about this and if anyone is interested in following me through the startup and growth of my own auto shop please follow my blogging at the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/498885236930554/
    • By ncsvoboda7
      Just a quick topic on market research.

I am interested to see what resources you startup shop owners used to conduct the market research for your startup???

Also interested in what info you guys were looking for and found??

Thanks!
    • By ncsvoboda7
      Hey guys,

I got a quick question for you guys, it seems to me that with a new startup shop that is not established it could be very difficult to get a mechanic that will buy in to the business and actually want to work.

How do you find a good experienced mechanic to work for a new shop that isn't established? I'm looking to pay a salary not flag hour so how do I handle the down times through the startup time of the business?

Thanks!
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors

• Similar Tagged Content

• By ncsvoboda7
      So I am moving away from the automotive industry and will be staring a mobile heavy diesel repair and service business.

Does anyone have any good contacts or know of any forums that would be of benefit to me to get some mentoring and some advice from the pros?

Thanks in advance!
    • By nick
      Hi,

I have wanted to start my own shop for a while. I am having trouble finding resources for this matter. I am wondering how you started your businesses. Capital, business plans, first year profits? I am master tech and make decent money however I have two houses and a family to support. So, to jump into a business I would need enough money to fall back on while the business grows. I would definitely start out with a small shop to keep cost down. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Nick