Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.

According to The NY Times, you should have a well-padded cushion of savings by age 50 if you want to retire comfortably.

This is how it should look:

By age 50, have five times your annual salary saved. ( ie. $100K income = $500K savings)

By age 55, have six times your annual salary saved. ( ie. $100K income = $600K savings)

By age 60, have seven times your annual salary saved. ( ie. $100K income = $700K savings)

The Times also reports that less than 13% of Americans have a pension or a solid retirement plan.

How does your situation looks? Are you on track to retire comfortably?

If not, no need to panic.

We can guide you in getting there.

If a shop owner who is currently 50 years old starts putting away $2,700 every month until he retires at 67. He would have amassed $1,245,344 by the time he retires.

Now you might be asking where will I get the money from to save? Well, most of the shop owners that I encounter are overpaying an average of $22,679 in taxes yearly.

This amount alone could easily be used to fund your retirement plan.

When we met Henry he was 62 and his shop was netting a little over $283K per year. We were able to find tax savings which allowed him to save $84K per year and in 8 years he had over $1.1M in retirement savings. 

To learn how to use your tax savings to build your retirement portfolio message me directly or book a free consultation via my website.

PIC retire.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      At the end of each year, it's typical of tool reps and salespeople to give you tax advise. Often they will tell you that buying tools and equipment can be used as a way to lower income taxes. While this may be true, no one has a better handle on your financial situation that a good tax accountant.  Listen to the expert, not the tool truck rep.  Spending money to save on taxes also reduces your cash flow.  I am not an accountant, but sometimes its better to pay a little extra in taxes and maintain a cash reserve. 
      Your thoughts?  
    • By xrac
      What do you think about the Mobile 1 Annual Protection oil tha Ismail suppose to be good for 20,000 miles or one year?
      https://mobiloil.com/en/article/why-the-mobil-advantage/mobil-1-performance/mobil-1-annual-protection-oil-tested-results
    • By xrac
      http://www.lifehealthpro.com/2016/11/04/have-business-will-retire-or-maybe-not?eNL=5820cd0e150ba0855e006dcc&utm_source=LHPro_LifeInsuranceInsider&utm_medium=EMC-Email_editorial&utm_campaign=11072016

When it comes to retirement planning, one might think that small business owners are among those better prepared for their golden years than rank-and-file workers. Alas, that’s not necessarily the case for a solid majority of the entrepreneurial class.
    • By Jay Huh
      I've been lucky so far but I couldn't escape the "slow" season forever. I'm in NC and we got 2 inches of snow and the whole city/county shut down for days.....
      We got snow Saturday, had pretty much no customers Friday, Sat (closed) Monday and today and tomorrow doesn't look good either (no appointments).

Techs are getting frustrated with no work (they are flat rate and usually stay busy) and obviously not good for me or the business. Do you guys go to auction and buy cars to sell? I usually have 1 car that I work on at all times for myself to sell but I haven't bought a car off of a customer in a while.

It's a bit of a pain to get a dealer license here so wondering if you guys do it
    • By 5 Star Auto Spa
      How long does it take for your technicians to complete a full service oil change with a standard under hood/car vehicle inspection? Are you using tablets or paper repair orders? Do you track oil change times to try and improve speed and efficiency?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Mark Johnson
      He had been working with his accountant for 6 years. That’s over $134k in over-payments.
      The reality is most CPAs only do tax preparation not tax planning, there is a HUGE difference!
      I am offering free tax planning assessments to all group members.
      Where we will look at:
       Deductions review & Strategy planning Legal Entity Optimization Retirement Option & Plan to Hit Extra 1M by Retirement Insurance Review & Assets Protection TCJA (Trump Tax) Review  Message me direct or book your slot on my website.

View full article
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors