Quantcast
HarrytheCarGeek

Labor rate from $115 to $150 car count down 1/3 revenue up 6%

Labor rate from $115 to $150 car count down 1/3 revenue up 6%.

Going on the third month that we raised our rates. Our best customers have stayed, trouble nickle and dime customers seem to have disappeared. ARO from 380 to 628.

Edited by HarrytheCarGeek
  • Like 2

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Edited by tyrguy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jfuhrmad
      Any of you out there care to share your car counts from starting a shop from zero?  How many months did it take to get to 150 cars and how did you market to get it there?
    • By Alex
      We now have a nice tool available to all premium and platinum members under the tools menu, where you can view labor rates entered by our members on an easy to use map, similar to our member map. This is designed to give you an idea of where you are vs the market in your area. As you zoom in, the circle averages open up to more specific areas.

If you aren't currently a subscribed premium or platinum member, you can upgrade here.
    • By ADealerTech
      Hey Everyone!

I have recently (about two years ago) gone into business for myself (no longer a dealer tech) and have actually not had to file any labor claims until this past month and it was quite a bit of a hassle.

I was wondering what your experience has been with what auto parts store has been the most user friendly and reasonable reimbursement process?

The places I have access to are:

Advance Auto
      AutoZone
      O'Reilly Auto
      Napa
      Action Auto Parts
      Federated
      WorldPac

I don't want to say which of those I am frustrated with after this go round, because I am more interested in hearing your experiences rather than any defenses of a preferred brand. I am told that Advance and Napa supposedly offer full labor rate reimbursement, but I am not sure I believe this, there must be a catch. I don't expect a full labor rate reimbursement, I understand they are paying us for the costs of replacing the part and not to profit a second time, but I also believe it needs to be a fair valuation.

Thanks for any feedback!
    • By Ron Ipach
      CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SUCCESSFUL SHOP OWNERS FACEBOOK GROUP
      [transcription]
      Could Auto Repair Flat Rate Be Dead?
      TECHNICIAN shortage today is real. Last study that I saw said, for every eight shops that’s looking for a technician, there’s only one tech available so I know many of you watching this are experiencing that same thing. And I’ll also say one thing that I found: most technicians, when I mention flat rate, their cheeks kind of pucker up. They hate it. Why? There’s risk. They’ve been burned before. So often in the technicians starved market, what’s a shop owner left to do but put technicians on hourly or even maybe salary? And what that leads to is, really what I’m going to call an “uninspired performance.” Why? They get comfortable, they’re able to pay their bills without exerting a ton of effort.
      So what’s a shop owner to do? The answer I’ve uncovered recently in my shop is to have a Win Number. For every single employee. See one of the truths I discovered in my 30 plus years of being a shop owner is that often we don’t get the most out of our employees because we never really sat down and told them what we expect. I know that’s been one of my mistakes.
      So one of the things that I’ve done recently is I’ve given each employee a weekly Win Number, and that’s why it’s so important. For example, I recently sat down with each of my technicians and shared with them their Win Number. What do I mean by win number? What I expect out of them in parts and labor production for each employee. The numbers are based on my desired technician cost as a percentage of sales. It’s worked so well with my technicians that I now sent it out and established that win number with both my CSR and my service advisor.
      I’ve got to tell you the results have been incredible. Not only are my sales and profits up through the roof lately, it’s led to believe it or not, happier employees. Why? They drive home at the end of the day or at the end of the week knowing that they hit their goals. Knowing that they’ve contributed to a successful week for the shop and that certainly led to a happier shop owner!
      So, let me leave you with a question. Does each and every one of your employees on your team clearly know what you expect of them?
      If your answer is not a resounding YES, it’s time to put a pencil to paper and figure out each team employee or each team members weekly and daily Win.
    • By JustTheBest
      Want to Grow YOUR Car Count, Income & Profits? Check this out!
      Get all my best tips, tricks and hacks... for FREE! Yes, FREE!
      Check this out!

Matthew Lee
      "The Car Count Fixer"
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors