• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.
Joe Marconi

Cardone Part Failures: Rack and Pinions

We have seen an unusual high failure rate of steering racks recently; three in the last few months. The rebuilder of the racks is Cardone. Sorry Cardone, you may not like this post or my opinion. But I have had it with doing jobs over again and over and damaging my reputation in the process.

I know these are rebuilt units. I know Cardone has a long history in the industry. I have bought their products for decades; but not anymore. The cost of comeback is too great these days. The loss of revenue is one thing; the loss of a customer's confidence is even greater. And let's not forget the customer's safety.

I was on vacation in Chicago when I got a frantic email from my customer, a women who lost her steering over the Labor Day Holiday. We installed the rack last week and she picked up her car this past Friday.

Again, Cardone, are you listening: "Lost her steering".

There have been other issues with Cardone steering racks in the past. And I don’t think this is an anomaly. Other shops are experiencing the same issues.

We need to have faith in the parts we purchase. The motoring public must have faith in us; if that the trust is broken we all fail.

There’s no other way to put it: Comebacks kill.