Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
PAPShop

U Haul Dealership - Good Idea?

The "in town" U Haul dealership went out of business - their other business, not the U Haul part - and we have been approached to take it over.

Is anyone else an independent U Haul dealership?

Pros and cons? We are in doing due diligence and researching everything about it.

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Edited by PAPShop

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By insomniac
      Iv noticed over the years there are times when business/car count drops off by a huge amount all at once. Last year it was brutal in January and got worse in February. It got busier the 2nd week of March and was pretty steady the rest of the year with my best month ever in November then even topped that in December. But this year its back to the same. January came leads completely dropped out, February came and it got worse, just like last year. Now I know its just a waiting game and business will pick back up. Its not just me every shop in the area is completely empty. --- What triggers these pattern down turns? Has anyone ever figured that out? Thought?
    • By Joe Marconi
      I can't tell you how frustrating it is to give a price on a radiator to a customer at the service counter, while he's on his phone searching for the part!  
      Here's what I do when I get a customer that tell me he can get the part cheaper....I agree with him!
      I let him know that he can get the part cheaper, just like he can buy a steak and potatoes cheaper at the super market too.  But he'll pay more for the steak and potatoes at a restaurant. 
      And then in a calm manner, I review all the benefits of me suppling the part, the warranty and the fact that if the part is wrong or defective or fails in the future, he will have no recourse and will have to pay to have done all again. 
      For most, it works. For many it's all about price.
      Now Most IMPORTANT IS THIS: The reason why you don't mind spending more for a steak at a restaurant is because of the experience. So, make sure the customer experience clearly demonstrates the value of why people need to do business with you. When Value goes up, price becomes less of an issue.
      Hope this helps. Let's hear from you on this frustrating topic! 

• By Joe Marconi
      If you have a repair shop business in New York State that you are looking to sell, please let me know.   I will keep this strictly confidential.  Criteria required, shops with 6 plus bays. Other details to be explained.  Please email me: [email protected]

• By tirengolf
      Anyone willing to share their experience with the Tire Pro's program. Is it as good today as it was 3 years ago. I have looked at the program but have not convinced myself that is the way to go. Thanks for any feedback. David
    • By Dakotaj96
      Hello Everyone,
      I am opening up a new shop from scratch. Its a larger shop (8 bays, 5 lifts, tire machine/balancer, alignment machine, etc.) I know this is a very poor question but how many techs should I have opening day? What I mean by this is I don't want to hire 2 guys and have to lay them off the 2nd week because we don't have business yet or have to turn away 50% of my work because we are busy and only have 2 guys. Any good solutions you guys could think of the help combat this issue? Thank You 

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors