Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
5 Star Auto Spa

Heater Core Replacement for a 96 Ford E350

We just performed a heater core replacement for a 96 Ford E350. All Data book time for the job is 7.3 hours. The job took a considerable amount of time LONGER to complete the service. This job ended up taking 12 man hours to complete. Just wanted to get input from some other shops that have performed heater core replacements and if they all take longer than the estimated book time. Also, do you typically charge X hours over book time for a job like this for the estimate?

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Edited by Truett

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By FROGFINDER
      Anybody offering vehicle pick up and drop off service at customers home or workplace? How is it going? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      The other day, a customer asked my service advisor, if he would price match a set of tires.  This customer got an online quote from the internet; a local TIre Store know for discouting tires. 
      My rule, I don't price match. My prices are competive and fair. 
      Would you price match just to get the job, and sacrifice profit?   Remember, no one really knows the true cost of any service or repair until the car is in the shop.  So, internet quotes are not set in stone.   
    • By hello5555
      I currently employ a mechanic and friend who has been with me for about 20 years. He was formerly a transmission rebuilder, but we have switched to mostly reman units and have no need for a rebuilder. His pay has remained the same despite his value declining. I am currently paying him roughly $100,000 a year. The problem i'm having is that his skill set is not near that pay level anymore. He does light diagnostic and basic managerial work, but I am not confident enough for him to run the shop for more than an hour. With the current state of the industry our numbers have gone down a bit over the last two years. While still being profitable, I can't help but think about the extra income that would be available by terminating this employee, I just dont know how to do it. Any advice on how to do this? I like him as a person and have known him a very long time, but I feel his is paid about twice as much as he is worth. Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.
    • By Joe Marconi
      Shop owners, you have a little less than two months before the end of the year.  And that means it's time to start thinkning about your Tax Planning for 2019. Don't procrastinate on this. Meet with accountant. Review the year, review profit.  Consider things such as major equipmenet purchases and other major investments you made in 2019.  Look at bottom line profit and determine if you set aside enough cash to pay your taxes come April 15, 2020.  
      One thing, Cash is King, So, before you purhase any major equipment before the end of the year, listen to your accoutant, not the Tool Sales-person.  In many cases, it's better to pay some tax and hold on to cash for a rainy day. 
      A little planning now will save you big time in 2020, and also help you sleep better! 

• By DUFRESNES
      Our Service writer is paid 8% on all sales.  When he is off for 2 days, we have another hourly person that service writes.   My question is we pay the SW that was off for 2 days 8% on all sales, but take them as vacation days.  The person filling in (he does a great job) pay him the difference if he was service writing and would be commission.    Looking to see if somebody has a better solution.  If the regular SW is on vacation, I can figure the sales from his last day till he comes back.  That is not a problem

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors