Quantcast

CMillet86

Reception Area

In my quest to get my shop up to snuff I need to redo my office/reception area. Currently it's dirtier then I'd like but the big thing is the desk isn't very friendly. When customers come in, if I'm at the desk they can barely see me. I'd like to redo it so that it's more friendly and inviting. Where did you get your service writer desk? What about chairs? Also I know some shops have a TV on the wall, do you have local stations on it, or do you have a pre programmed thing? I don't have any real waiting customers at the moment but when I get to marketing more, I hope to have at least some.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Bspencer4
      Does anybody know of any bilingual technician training programs or classes in the Phoenix area?
    • By jfuhrmad
      I feel like my area is extremely competitive.  My area is a small town with about 8000 households (includes town and rural areas).  We have 6 legitimate 4-8 bay shops, 1 Chevy dealer, and at least 3 hole-in-wall/backyard guys (800 households/shop).  The next town over has 8000 households, 1 legit 8 bay shop, 0 dealers, and 2-3 hole-in-the-wall/backyard guys (2-3000 households/shop).  Just wondering what some of you are dealing with out there so I have some reference point.  Also, for those of you with multiple locations, does this sort of thing impact the success of individual locations?
    • By Stevens Automotive Service
      I am looking for a shop my nephew that lives in Cleveland, Ohio can go for service etc.
      He works at South Pointe Hospital in Warrensville Heights and lives between there and Beachwood.
      He and his co-workers would make good customers for you as they are all surgeons.
      Just trying to help your car count and sales as always. Let me know and I will pass on the info to him.
      Thanks
    • By mspecperformance
      Anyone have any good suggestions on furniture for the waiting area? Stuff like Service counters, waiting furniture, refreshment table? I like the seamless look with units that have space for a fridge and integrated waste receptacle. I've looked at what NAPA Auto Care has as well as Bosch. I am a bit iffy on that stuff and its ridiculous expensive for laminate furniture.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    • By sparkerauto
      So I have an opportunity to rent out more space at my shop that will be located right on the main road (my shop is currently set back behind the main building). It's is a pretty large area which will be used as my waiting area and main entrance since I do not have one now. My question is how is everyone's waiting area set up ? Is it strictly lounge type area ? I'm thinking of maybe using part of the space and a little show area to sell products maybe wheels, hid kits. Basically aftermarket accessories. Just trying to get an idea of how people are utilizing there waiting areas and extra space in there shops. Thanks !
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors