Quantcast

Don't wait until you lose a tech; try this strategy...

This was a great piece of advice that I got from Joe and Elite. I had a technician looking for a job come visit us in December. At the time I did not have a position for him but I kept in touch with since explaining the exact same thing. Well that same technician I just recently hired this week. He was the most qualified out of all the technicians I interviewed/spoke to and so far he is working out well.

• Like 1

Wish I read this thread sooner. I am in a real bad situation right now. My tech is leaving Tuesday and I have no one in the pipe line. I have posted everywhere and I have not received any resumes at all. I am offering $22 to $28 hourly flat rate with a $1,500 signing bonus.

• Like 1

By far the hardest part of owning a shop. I seem to like hire young and train them .So far it has worked .But i do need 1 more superman to do diag.

The dinosaurs are extinct so will all the shops not learning the newest tech.

You've got the right idea. A lack of training on multiple fronts is hampering many local shops. We've just recently become serious about training in our shop and it's paying off.

• Like 1