Quantcast
    • You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.

I went from a dream 2 years ago to opening our doors today. This site has been a tremendous resource and Joe's articles have opened my eyes to many issues I would not have foreseen.

Today was just our soft opening but it went better than expected. I have a huge amount of respect for owner/operators with out any employees. We have our tech, shop manager(my partner), and myself(mainly absentee owner). It was a huge learning day with new software(garage partner pro and all data). We had 5 cars 2 being organic and 3 friends and family. We have a timing belt job we are quoting tomorrow as well.

The last 3 weeks we spent cleaning, painting, and remodeling the shop from the previous owner who did not do any of those for 10 years.

We have had a lot of success from handing out flyers to our neighbors in the many industrial parks around us.

here are some before pictures of the shop

FC452303-9621-4668-89A0-DD14BE045E42_zps

300AB173-690C-4C21-ADFB-9E04A48993CC_zps

A7DEEEA3-24BA-4A15-84F5-ED4821662225_zps

after

E56AD232-ED67-4ED0-8C34-050366B392AF_zps

03FDAFDE-2F84-4562-9FC1-177CA4D1FA21_zps

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      By Bob Cooper

During difficult times like these it's important to look for creative ways to keep your shop's name in the minds of your community members. Here are 3 easy-to-implement tips that will help your shop build its brand recognition in today's climate. 

1. If you have a shuttle or any type of vehicle that features the name of your shop, it's important to get that vehicle out in your community. There are plenty of charitable organizations you could partner with that may need delivery assistance, such as Meals on Wheels. You could also provide a shuttle service for local retirement homes and any other group that may need assistance getting around your community, or you could even deliver groceries or household items to these groups. Getting your business's name out there and helping your community will certainly help people remember your shop.

2. Host an online course for people who are currently stuck at home. One specific idea is to host an online car care clinic for new drivers, teaching them things like how to maintain a car, how to deal with a flat tire, how to read and use their car's owner manual, and other similar topics. Not only will this help them learn vital information, but it will give them an indoor activity to focus their attention on, which I'm sure their parents will thank you for. 

3. Now more than ever, it's important to have the right attitude each day. This is crucial not only for your own well-being, but for the well-being of everyone around you. A positive outlook will permeate throughout your staff and your community, and show people the type of business you have; one that views each day as a new opportunity to build a wonderful life and a wonderful company. 

For additional help building a more successful auto repair business, feel free to give us a call at 800-204-3548 or visit the Elite website. 

View full article
    • By jfuhrmad
      I sold a set of aftermarket wheels and tires to a customer yesterday.  When I picked the wheels up the warehouse loading dock was packed.  I've never seen it so full in the past 3 years.  There were 3 other customers at the dock waiting to pick up wheels, which I've never seen before.  Usually it's just me, or maybe one guy waiting for me to leave the dock.  All of the sales staff was on the phone at the same time and I had to wait in line which has never happened to me before.  Typically, there are at least 2 guys that I can stroll up to and chat with.  When I walked into the warehouse to pick up my wheels, I talked to the warehouse staff and they said this week it is back to normal.
      Is anyone else seeing an uptick yet?  We should start reporting upticks on this thread so that we can see how it spreads across the nation.  That way we can be prepared to bring staff back asap and get our marketing rolling again.  I know it takes 2 weeks between when I order postcards and they land.
      Let's help each other get ahead of this thing.
    • By CAR_AutoReports
      Hello everyone, I am suggesting we have a thread with comments that only relate to information regarding help for businesses or communities affected by recent events.

I will start the thread by listing relevant links I have at this time:
      the U.S. Treasury Department has released a draft application for the Paycheck Protection Program (the
      new forgivable loan program) created by the CARES Act. The Paycheck Protection Plan application process starts
      Friday, April 3, 2020 and those eligible and interested in applying should begin that process as soon as possible:

- For a top-line overview of the program:
      https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP -- Overview.pdf

- If you’re a borrower, more information and links to SBA lenders http://www.sba.gov/ can be found here:
      https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf

- The application for borrowers can be found here:
      https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/Paycheck-Protection-Program-Application-3-30-2020-v3.pdf

Importantly as well, we have included links to Small Business Administration (SBA) resources that will help navigate
      the government subsidies, loans and programs available:

- The SBA’s Local Assistance Page, https://www.sba.gov/local-assistance which provides local resources and
      information on offices and other resources around the country;

- Lender-Match, https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans the SBA’s tool to find local banks and lenders
      based on your needs and;

- SBA’s Coronavirus Resource Page:
      https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options

• By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      Complimentary Webinar - Handling Staffing and Unemployment Issues During COVID-19

Guidance from Top Employment Experts 
      We know how difficult it has been for shop owners to navigate through the employment issues that have come with COVID-19, so we decided that we needed to help. Elite has arranged for SESCO Management Consultants, the top experts in HR and Employment Law when it comes to auto repair shops, to hold a special session to help shop owners through the greatest COVID-19 employment challenges. 

In light of what the industry is going through, we've arranged for this session to be held free of charge.  

Join us next Tuesday (4/7) at 10:00 Pacific Time, and learn: 
      How to ensure you're complying with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (Paid Family Leave). 
        Everything you need to know about employer and employee coverage 
        The most important considerations when it comes to leave use and pay requirements 
        How to sort through staffing, unemployment and other operational issues 
        The answers to any questions you may have Seating is limited, so Click Here to reserve your spot today.

Wishing you the best,

Your Friends at Elite
    • By JustTheBest
      USA Today article (Friday September 27, 2019 by Nathan Borney - USA Today) shows that “the average age of cars and light trucks on U.S. roads reached an all time high of 11.8 years in 2018.”

The article goes on to claim... “By 2023, there will be about 84 million vehicles on the road that are at least 16 years old, reflecting a 240% increase from 35 million in 2002, according to IHS.”

Are you getting your share?
      There’s only 90 days left in 2019 and the market is changing. Sorry, it HAS changed. Are you ready? Do you have your plans laid out for marketing your shop in 2020? 
      Auto Service Marketing - Fix Your Car Count FAST!
      Hope this helps!
      Matthew
      "The Car Count FIxer"
      P.S.: Join me on YouTube at Car Count Hackers! FREE Help to grow your Car Count, Income and Profit! 
      P.P.S.: Like and Follow Car Count Hackers on Facebook
      P.P.P.S.: Have you registered in my FREE Training? "How to Double Your Car Count in 89 Days"

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors