Quantcast

ATLAuto

Anyone used the Autel MaxiDAS DS708?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mspecperformance
      Just wondering if anyone on here has good experience with these units. We have manufacturer specific scan tools however we like to have a few general all purpose scanners available. We currently have the older Autel DS708 which is decent but rather slow. I also have a Launch GDS still in box brand new that I got for a pretty good price but I have yet to use it. One of my techs had experience using one and said in his words, "feels like a toy and crashes a lot." The new MaxiSys looks fast and capable. Anyone own one? Thoughts?
    • By alfredauto
      Don't. I tried initializing an intelikey for a Nissan and it turned into a no start. Had to tow it to the dealer. The scan tool isn't fully functional. Just a heads up.

I'll spare the details but I had the Nissan service dept walk me through each step and the problem was Autels software.
    • By OEScanTools.com
      Hello folks, I thought I would share some info on how the Autel MaxiSYS actually works. I can tell you for the most part on every Make that I have verified at least this Tool mimics the Factory Tool from Flow to Functionality.
    • By Bradley
      One of our technicians had a conversation today with the MATCO guy and he mentioned a lawsuit regarding Autel stealing intellectual property from Ford's diagnostic software. I did some searching and found some information but requires a membership to review the entire article. Does anyone have any additional information on this? According to the tool guy it is pertaining to the "power balance" feature. We are at the point of updating our Autel and power balance is a feature that is used quite often so I am curious to learn more about this.
    • By Type S Zero
      As i'm currently into a lot of shopping and comparing, anyone looked into this scanner/analyzer ?
      if yes, what were the prices you have found ? do you like using it ?

about every online selling price for the DS708 is $1995..... i also found a new one on eBay for $1695.

BUT,
      dinodirect.com
      Holiday special + coupon code (xmas003) = $1036

there's a possibility that you can have it for $984, but you have to subscribe to a monthly $6.99 crappy-look-a-like membership thing...

I'm SERIOUSLY considering it (only thing holding me back is my current very low budget), because i compared, made my choice and was planning about buying it in the $1700~$2000 neighborhood.

my ex-co-worker from acura is now a teacher at mechanic school, and told me the Autel ones are best-bang-for-the-buck scanners (they have like 4 different Autel models, the lowest one in multiple copies), going through rough use with teen students who don't care. They also have BlueStreak's, snap-on's and other big brand names acquired over the years to compare with.

i also have a friend of a friend (he's been a little over 10 years at the bmw dealership i worked for (so also my ex-co-worker, but in a 55 tech shop, you're not close friend with everyone of them), and does mostly euro cars in a warehouse he rents) that just got his DS708 llately and he is pretty amazed at the ease of use and multiple fonctionalities for the price.

what's your thoughts ?
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors