Quantcast

TIRE ROTATIONS

OJ&BM

I wanted to ask a question that no one can give me straight answer on. I  know in the past on any normal vehicle when you rotated the tires you wanted the best tires in the front (I'm talking about lets say a Ford Taurus). Several years ago I see the Michelin video where they put two Ford Taurus's side by side with one vehicle having the new tires in the front and the other vehicle having the new tires installed on the rear. Per the NHTSA they state accidents occur or loss of control mainly begins with the rear end losing control therefore you want to have your best tires on the rear? So with all the experts out there and I've also asked many other owners what they think but mainly I'm still seeing "best tires in the front". What are your thoughts? Thanks guys. I'm excited that I found this site!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By champtires
      Champtires – one of the leading e-commerce used tire sellers – is not facing supply chain issues. In fact, over the past several months, Champtires’ inventory has grown exponentially.
      “Luckily, we are still able to source really great tires right now,” said Brad Rea, president and founder of Champtires. “Ninety percent of our inventory has 7/32 tread or above, and we’re adding hundreds of Michelins, Pirellis, Continentals – tires in every brand really – every day.”
      Reselling used tires with significant tread life left saves them from ending up in a landfill. And it allows consumers and auto businesses to save drastically compared to new tire prices.
      “Relying on premium used tires is a responsible way to use recycled products while saving yourself a lot of money,” Rea said.
      High quality used tires are perfect if you need to match one or two to a remaining set or when replacing all four tires. Every tire that enters a Champtires facility goes through a thorough three-step inspection process. Free FedEx shipping is included on all website orders to the continental U.S.
      Learn more and shop now at Champtires.com.
    • By carmcapriotto
      Show Notes:
      Requires 40 hours of training a year from his techs, service advisors, and owners Bill provides private training that brings his classes to 6 students to one trainer The power of networking The team is picking their classes and they are getting ready to split the group to provide advanced classes. Their techs average tenure is 8 years. Bill believes they stay because of the training they can’t get anywhere else. Their training program is a long-term commitment. Works with other shops in the area to spread the cost Pays a bonus each December based on the actual number of hours trained. A make your own Christmas bonus. Keeps a resume on all training completed Displays a picture goal board for every team member Paperless operation A welcome board in the lobby with all customers who are coming in that day  Key tags provide status to technicians 17 bays - 5 Technicians Green - Yellow - Red Light signifies the progress of workflow in the shop Eight loaner cars Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:

Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. By always innovating, Dorman has led the way in growing the aftermarket. Here you will see a few examples of a Dorman OE Fix. An OE FIX is a Dorman repair solution you can’t get from the original equipment manufacturer. It means they found a situation where they believe the OEM wasn’t giving repair professionals what they wanted, so we fixed it. Everything Dorman does is centered around providing customer value, both in the quality of products, and the creativity of solutions. Our engineers and designers go out of their way to save repair technicians time and save vehicle owners money. Want to really go under the hood? Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By ASOG Podcast
      Looking through the videos taken at #aapex and #sema. This event is simply can't-miss.
    • By carmcapriotto
      Sue Dickson, Owner of Closs Tire & Auto Inc, Waukegan, IL. Sue is trying to change the face of the industry to empower woman to be a part of the automotive industry. Sue has 37 years of experience in retail automotive market and has partnered with her community to grow her business. She is directly responsible for overall profitability, sales and service for this independent auto repair facility. She continues to work with the Lake County Tech Campus, College of Lake County, to bridge the gap between school based work and hands-on work experience. Sue has written and implemented a Lake County Tech Campus internship which has been in place since 2019 and served over 50 students.  She also has partnered with Lake County Workforce Development to take her internship program to the next level. This relationship has given students the opportunity to gain work base employment and grant opportunities for education at the local community college.
      Key Talking Points
      “Give Me 10” Internship Program- 10 hours broken up 2 hours for 5 days. Job shadowing 2 hours the first day, after that they will be working for the remaining 8 hours. Oil changes, brake work, tires, etc. Insurance is covered by the school because it is work-based learning Break the stereotype that young adults can only be successful if they have a 4-year degree What is the biggest competition with independent repair shops? Dealerships. Local shops started coming together for networking meetings, they also visit each other’s shops to critique Sue volunteers at the local car show and she registers classic cars. They wanted the tech campus to be involved and see the older cars. She went to the independent group and asked to donate a car to the tech campus. Tech 1 kids do steering and suspension. Tech 2 kids rebuild the motor. Collision painted it. Will be showcased at the advisory meeting. The car will travel to locations that have an internship program. Raffle tickets to win the car. Donate money to a non-profit Grant opportunities through the workforce development- over 4 years the networking group has received almost 200K  University of the Aftermarket Leadership 2.0 Class- AAP Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      As a member of the NAPA family, AutoCare Center owners can take advantage of the NAPA National Health Program from the NAPA Insurance Center. This “NAPA only” program gives you and your employees access to national “large group” rates on medical insurance with premiums discounted up to 30 percent. These rates are based on the collective purchasing potential of 22,500 NAPA locations including both NAPA AUTO PARTS stores and NAPA AutoCare Centers. The NAPA Insurance Center can help you with a variety of other insurance benefits too. For more information about The NAPA National Health Benefits program as well as all of the insurance benefits available to your AutoCare Center and your employees, visit the NAPA Benefits Center, at www.napabenefitscenter.com or call the NAPA Benefits Center at 844-627-2123.

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By ASOG Podcast
      What's the biggest mistake owners are making when marketing their shops?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By champtires
      Champtires – one of the leading e-commerce used tire sellers – is not facing supply chain issues. In fact, over the past several months, Champtires’ inventory has grown exponentially.
      “Luckily, we are still able to source really great tires right now,” said Brad Rea, president and founder of Champtires. “Ninety percent of our inventory has 7/32 tread or above, and we’re adding hundreds of Michelins, Pirellis, Continentals – tires in every brand really – every day.”
      Reselling used tires with significant tread life left saves them from ending up in a landfill. And it allows consumers and auto businesses to save drastically compared to new tire prices.
      “Relying on premium used tires is a responsible way to use recycled products while saving yourself a lot of money,” Rea said.
      High quality used tires are perfect if you need to match one or two to a remaining set or when replacing all four tires. Every tire that enters a Champtires facility goes through a thorough three-step inspection process. Free FedEx shipping is included on all website orders to the continental U.S.
      Learn more and shop now at Champtires.com.
    • By champtires
      When you purchase tires from Champtires, you can expect to receive high-quality used tires. We’re able to do this because we use a three-step inspection process to ensure that we are only selling the best used tires that do not have any holes or other defects.
      1. All tires are visually inspected for obvious defects such as nails, screws, broken beads and dry rot.
      2. Tires are air-tested on our state-of-the-art Matteuzzi specialty testing equipment.
      3. Once a tire is purchased, it is given a final inspection and test before it ships.
      Since 2009, we have sold premium used tires to dealers across the country. Learn more and shop now: https://www.champtires.com

• By champtires
      Champtires has 30,000+ premium used tires in stock - in all brands, sizes and tread depths. Automotive businesses can sign up to save an extra 10% off of our already low prices ON EVERY WEBSITE ORDER. Free shipping is included.
      Learn more and sign up: https://www.champtires.com/dealers/
    • By Denise Thiel
      Hi,

I am a small auto shop owner;  I am trying to see if we are competitive or low in our prices for mounting, balancing etc.

Mounting 9.99
      Balancing 9.99
      Disposal 2.00
      Vlave stems 2.99
      tire rotation 10.00

We are in central New Jersey
      Thanks 
      Denise
    • By Tpog496
      I'm finding the more I look into tire prices from box stores the more embarrassing my tire prices become. In the past month or so I've found tires for sale at Wal-mart, Discount Tire, and Fleet Farm cheaper than I can buy them. Have any of you ran into this? If so does your supplier match prices and make it so you can profit a bit?
  • Our Sponsors