• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.
alfredauto

Got a negative review trying to help out

Well the other day I had a guy come in with a printout from autozone in hand, wants me to put in his alternator. "We don't install customer's parts, please let us diagnose..." blah blah you know the normal routine. So anyway the guy was in a bind, not going to make it another 100yards, pleads with me so we (against our good judgement) put in the $99 AZ alternator which was the correct frame type but the wrong amperage for the vehicle. No money to do it right, no dollars for diag, help a guy out, just try it, come on man I'm dying here story. "Understand, there is absolutely no warranty" Yes, sir, I'm grateful your helping me. All done and it's still not charging (their homemade wiring issues if I was to guess.), the belt and tensioner were cooked, battery is no good, the guy has zero money for any additional parts or labor. "Leave the vehicle until we can fix it please" NOPE! His wife got involved and now I'm a scam artist now on every review site there is. She was screaming at me on the phone until I had to hang up. 

The moral of this story is if a customer won't let you do your job properly, let them be mad and go somewhere else. Rip the band-aid off fast. I hate to be that guy that says no I can't help you but sometimes it's mandatory. 

• Like 1