Quantcast

Flash Sale + Social Proof

New Resident Marekting & Moving Targets

I have had mixed results from any new resident program I used in the past. Years back when the economy was booming and my area (Putnam County New York), was one on the fasting growing areas in the northeast, I was fairly successful with a new resident program. The last time I tried a few years back, it was a bust. But, the housing market in my area tanked.

What are other shops doing to attract new residents? This appears to be a potential source of new customers.

I don't want to sound like I am endorsing anyone, but I have heard Jay Siff from Moving Targets give presentations on new resident marketing, and he sounds like he really knows his stuff.

Has anyone used a new resident program lately, and what is your opinion on the results?

Moving Targets link:

http://movingtargets.com/

Joe,

What have you done in the past that has worked. I have been thinking of putting a welcome to the area oil change in with the welcome packet at my local Chamber.

You know, it is hit or miss. I have done a lot and tried a lot. What I have learned is that it is never one thing, but a combination of many things. I also learned that different forms of marketing and advertising works differently in different parts of the country. What I can tell you is that the only form of marketing that has worked the best and the most consistent is at the Front Service Counter and on the phone. Delivering world-class customer service.

If you deliver that world class service and get the customer to truly think of you as a friend or family member, they will trust you and not question your price or recommendation. This will also keep them coming back. Think about, if your best friend, brother or sister came to you today and you told them they needed front brakes, would they question you?

Well, get customers to feel like they are family or best friends.

I hope this answers your question.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

• By Joe Marconi in Joe's Blog
      There are many things to consider when creating a marketing plan. Among them are establishing a budget, what forms of media should be used, and whether traditional advertising, such as TV, radio, and print, is still relevant.  And of course, how much should be allocated to social media and digital advertising?
      All the above are essentials to any marketing plan. However, the first step is ensuring that you have a healthy workplace and that your employees understand your company’s culture and the overall mission and vision. 
      We all know that happy employees create happy customers. No form of advertising can overcome a toxic workplace with unhappy employees. If your employees are not creating an amazing customer experience, your marketing plan will not work.
      Advertising and marketing may bring in customers, but the people in your company creating an amazing customer experience will be the most important component of your marketing plan.  It’s the customer experience that sells work and gives the customer a reason to return. 
      Creating an amazing employee experience, which creates an amazing customer experience, is also the most cost-effective part of your marketing plan. In fact, it cost next to nothing.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      Not to bring politics into this conversation, and whether we like it or not, the Electric Vehicle push is on. And in a big way. 
      We need to prepare for EVs, implement EV training, and invest in new technology.
      The question is how aggressive do we need to be at this point? 

• By TTP

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• By Joe Marconi
      Perhaps this is a trick question, but it's worth a discussion.  Many auto repair shops spend a lot of money to get new customers. But what about the ones we have already?  
      What marketing strategies do you have to attract new customers and retain the ones you have now? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      Hear from 3 shop owners that provide financial education for their employees. Setting our employees up for success in life goes beyond signing paychecks. Watch the Episode on YouTube John Gustafson, Gustafson Brothers, Huntington Beach, CA. John’s previous episodes HERE Russell Crosby, Russ’s Wrench Auto Repair, Clinton, NJ. Russ’s previous episodes HERE Shawn Gilfillan, Automotive Magic, Kenvil and Lake Hopatcong, NJ. Listen to Shawn’s previous episodes HERE Key Talking Points
      Orientation at John's shop- offer to sponsor each team member’s membership in the Dave Ramsey personal financial series if they choose to participate. John also offers whiteboard sessions to team members or groups of team members on Business Math and another session on Personal Math. The personal math includes the team member on the whiteboard listing their assets, liabilities, after-tax spendable income, expenses, cash flow either pos or neg, 6-month reserve, and investment savings buckets. Mentor/mentee thought process- the owner is the mentor Lunch and learn with financial advisors, mortgage broker etc $100 a month invested at 25 years old, by the time you retire it will be about 1,000,000 Getting the partner/spouse involved is key Transparency with business financial numbers Employees sharing with others how the Dave Ramsey Progam has helped The stress that is lifted when you can create your budget to be workable Social media impact- keeping up with the jones’ Getting ahead of debt with the debt snowball- paying off debt in order of smallest to largest. When the small debt is paid in full, you roll the minimum payment you were making on that debt into the next smallest debt payment Educating the younger generation- setting their future in a positive direction
      Connect with the Podcast Aftermarket Radio Network Subscribe on YouTube Visit us on the Web Follow on Facebook Become an Insider Buy me a coffee Important Books Check out today's partners: Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com       Delphi Technologies: Keeping current on the latest vehicle systems and how to repair them is a must for today’s technicians. DelphiAftermarket.com
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By carmcapriotto
      We are with Jimmy Lea from Kukui at ASTE 2022 with another important Google Update. We are always keeping you in the know as it relates to mother Google. Google is now giving more credibility and weight to customer reviews. It goes beyond their ranked star review and dives into what they wrote, word for word, literally. What does that mean for your shop? Jimmy Lea, KUKUI Evangelist. Listen to Jimmy’s previous episodes HERE Key Talking Points
      The Google algorithms have  changed, and now they are giving more credibility and more weight to customer reviews Be an open book when we're asking for our reviews. You want five stars, but you also need three, two, and one in order to get the ranking right. Customers want to know how you handle mistakes. Recent reviews show a customer what they will expect.  The good and the bad of Google Reviews are once you go on and leave a Google Review when you come back, you can revise the review, but you can't leave another standalone review The about us page is so important. You must have employee testimonials, customer testimonials, and what makes your shop unique  Do short videos on your about page from the customers and technicians The power of blogs. Google gives more credibility to the blog, and they  need to be consistent
      Connect with the Podcast: Aftermarket Radio Network Subscribe on YouTube Visit us on the Web Follow on Facebook Become an Insider Buy me a coffee Important Books Check out today's partner: Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• Similar Tagged Content

• Our Sponsors

Grammarly Writing Support

The #1 Writing Tool

Grammarly Writing Support