Quantcast

Value Pak advertising

I was approached when we first opened by a sales person for this company but passed. I am considering it again. It's a direct mail package to "high income" homes of 50k income. They have zones all at 10k and you can pick the zone(s). I beeline it was in the $200 range per run and tbeh do them monthly. I am considering running 2 zones as it is considerably cheaper than direct mail with downside of lower percentage of viewership. Around .02 each there could be some serious upsides.

Val Pak may work, but is it for your business? You have to determine who your customer is and what type of business you are in. Many shops are not coupon/discount shops. The cater to higher income clientele, who are not coupon clippers.

It's very hard to operate a discount business. You have to be the cheapest, continue to offer coupons and generally, you have to accept that your customers will not be loyal to you. They will jump ship for the cheapest deal. So you will have to continue being the coupon type business.

Build value and understand your customer, and what brings you the greatest return.

Just my thoughts...

Joe I agree with that statement and one day we would love to be there. But for driving sales we need the now not later. At discounted rates we still turn a good gross profit. We live in an economically repressed area that has two major demographics. Low income locals and med to high income retirees. These retirees love coupons and can be surprising loyal. We have a very close percentage of sales and I believe our model has the best chance at retaining customers. If that means discounting a bit at the beginning to fill the dead space I'm ok with that.

I would say the majority of local small business that are successful have an entitlement attitude that is inward focused. We are the exact opposite and it shows throughout every interaction. The environment we have created at the shop is very unique.

Lol @ 26" wheel repair lmao! Ok seriously i have found that if you continue to try and drive in new business with cheaper prices you will be working HARDER longer. Value is where its at. See how you can set yourself apart from competition in other areas then price is not the only comparative.

Lol @ 26" wheel repair lmao! Ok seriously i have found that if you continue to try and drive in new business with cheaper prices you will be working HARDER longer. Value is where its at. See how you can set yourself apart from competition in other areas then price is not the only comparative.

I agree with the value vs price argument fully, we are still seeking other methods including direct mailers, but its hard to argue the need for cash flow for a young business. We need just a few more thousand a month in sales to get to my goal. If these budget mailer can help me reach that goal then I have achieved step one. Its going to take a bit of time for us to win over some of the european market and once we hit some milestones their our business model with shift.

I am considering some targeted direct mailers as well. Its a size-able cost and we are looking into a few companies to target BMW and Merc owners. Our one direct mail campaign to non specific model makes with a run of 1000 netted one customer. Now that has been our best customer with 4 visits between his two cars and over $2000 in sales.

In the short run gross profit is just that. By bank account does not discriminate of how that money is earned. We make a very healthy margin on our sales even with a discount.

Joe I agree with that statement and one day we would love to be there. But for driving sales we need the now not later. At discounted rates we still turn a good gross profit. We live in an economically repressed area that has two major demographics. Low income locals and med to high income retirees. These retirees love coupons and can be surprising loyal. We have a very close percentage of sales and I believe our model has the best chance at retaining customers. If that means discounting a bit at the beginning to fill the dead space I'm ok with that.

I would say the majority of local small business that are successful have an entitlement attitude that is inward focused. We are the exact opposite and it shows throughout every interaction. The environment we have created at the shop is very unique.

Understood, no argument. Again, you know your target audience, and that's the key. All that I am saying is make sure that you remain profitable. As you gain customers, convey value. People that trust you and have a relationship also have a perception of value. That will build your company.

Great comments!

In the past I also tried Val Pak for 3 months. It brought me 0 new customers and brought in 3 of my least favorite customers (now holding coupons!). I am interested to see how it works for you. I hope you get better results!

• 2 weeks later...

And about the retirees being loyal, we have targeted that as our biggest area of focus to to earn our chance at winning their business for life.

The few good years they have left.... KIDDING!!! Good luck, I definitely know what you mean about having to build the business. I took anything and everything I could when I started and slowly over time I can turn away those people who just don't fit my shop model.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

• By Joe Marconi in Joe's Blog
      There are many things to consider when creating a marketing plan. Among them are establishing a budget, what forms of media should be used, and whether traditional advertising, such as TV, radio, and print, is still relevant.  And of course, how much should be allocated to social media and digital advertising?
      All the above are essentials to any marketing plan. However, the first step is ensuring that you have a healthy workplace and that your employees understand your company’s culture and the overall mission and vision. 
      We all know that happy employees create happy customers. No form of advertising can overcome a toxic workplace with unhappy employees. If your employees are not creating an amazing customer experience, your marketing plan will not work.
      Advertising and marketing may bring in customers, but the people in your company creating an amazing customer experience will be the most important component of your marketing plan.  It’s the customer experience that sells work and gives the customer a reason to return. 
      Creating an amazing employee experience, which creates an amazing customer experience, is also the most cost-effective part of your marketing plan. In fact, it cost next to nothing.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found