Quantcast

ATLAuto

Mitchell ProDemand vs AllData

We are in the process of subscribing to a shop data resource to add to our Identifix subscription. Right now, we are looking at Mitchell ProDemand and AllData. This is for repair data online, not estimating, RO writing, or shop management. I would rather keep that out of the discussion.

I have used Mitchell OnDemand and AllData for years. Between those two, AllData wins hands down. AllData presents the data clearly in an easy to search format. Mitchell OnDemand had everything all over the place, and I spent valuable time simply looking through all the various links. However, I have not tried the new Mitchell ProDemand software yet.

What do you guys keep at your shop, and do you feel that it is sufficient?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By spenceauto
      Just wondering if I was the only fool who signed up for Mitchell 1 at $149 per month, only to realize that this was an "introductory" offer for 6 months and the price then jumps to $219 monthly. My sales person didn't make this clear at the time I signed the contract. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.
    • By FNGJWS
      Anyone have any experience with the new Mitchell 1st Mile program? Looks intriguing.
    • By mspecperformance
      I absolutely can't stand that company. They are the leader in the market (auto repair shop management software) and arguably the biggest company however move at a snail's pace when it comes to making any sort of productivity or efficiency changes. They know they have a lock on their subscribers so they are just milking the cows for all they are worth. Even through that annoyance the most annoying thing is their billing department. I have heard horror stories from others but from my experience they are absolutely garbage. I had a QB integrator on the account that I had tried to cancel multiple times. I kept on getting billed for it even though it showed in their records that I had cancelled months prior. 
      I can't wait to move on from these turds.

/end rant
    • By UsedTireShop
      Is anyone using Mitchell CRM with success? I am not sure if I am getting any ROI.

I also dislike the reporting and I hate that I can not read the recommended emails that they send to customers.

Any input would be appreciated.
    • By UsedTireShop
      If anyone else has an issue with the limited notes field please tell them. If they receive enough complaints they will fix this. PLEASE help by contacting Mitchell at Toll Free 888.724.6742

Here is my issue:

I believe I got this idea from this forum somewhere. I like to be able to say the words "No Cost" over the phone to a customer with an issue. So I offer a free initial diagnostic. This is when my tech will spend 1 to 10 minutes looking at the customer's concern. Once the tech does this task he comes back to the Service Writer with a request for the proper diagnostic time. The Service Writer then sells the required time for diagnostics. The problem is Mitchell limits the note field and we can not add the proper lines and spaces needed. My work order for the tech should look like this:

Customer concerns:

Step by Step - What have you tested and what are the results of the tests?:

What will happen if the customer doesn’t repair this problem?:

Potential other problems once this is repaired?:

What will fix it?:

Parts list:

Estimated time to repair:

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors