• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.
Joe Marconi

A Priceless Chicken Salad Sandwich

A Priceless Chicken Salad Sandwich

One of our favorite customers came in the other day with a leak from the power steering. She recently moved two towns over, a distance of about 15 miles, but still comes to us faithfully for all the work on her car.

She needed a power steering pressure hose. No one locally had the hose, and it would take about 4 hours to get one from the nearest warehouse. We offered to take her home, but she insisted that she would wait, saying that its just too far.

Mike, one of my service advisors, asked me if we could buy her a sandwich for lunch. I told him, Absolutely.

I walked into the waiting room while she was finishing up her sandwich and bottled water, and she looked at me and I could see a tear in eye. She said, "everyone here is just so nice, you guys are too much."

You see, Mike didnt ask her if she wanted anything for lunch, he just went out and got it. It was chicken salad on a bagel.

The look on her face was priceless. And I know we all do these things from time to time.

The next time someone asks me why I think independent shops are successful; I will tell them its because of a chicken salad sandwich!

• Like 4