Quantcast
    • You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
TTP

How Do YOU Handle Receipts?

I was wondering what is the best way to organize receipts. By Vendor? By date? By Job?

Which way do you do it and is it working for you?

I want to be able to put my hands on any receipt when called upon. Like if a customer calls about the warranty on a part. I am looking for the simplest

way to accomplish this.

I am currently using Quickbooks and we recently purchased a Neat Desk. Both of which are great, but I gotta figure out the best way to organize this stuff.

PLEASE HELP

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      With so many uncertainties these days, there is one strategy that we can all do that will help to smooth out our overall sales and customer visits throughout the year.   Make sure the experience is always amazing during the entire customer visit. And perform the car delivery that gives the customer a reason to return.
      Here's the key part before any customer leaves your shop: Make sure you discuss their next service appointment and any other future recommendation.  Let them know that they will get a reminder by either post card, email or text.  BUT, there is one more thing you can do to boost your customer retention, get permission from your customer to call them a week prior to their next appointment.  Yes, give them a phone call.  Try it, and give it time to work.
      Oh....won't work, you're thinking??? Well, here's list of businesses that do it: Dentists, doctors, nail salons, hair dressers, chimney cleaners, boiler service companies and Successful Auto Repair shops. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      We all know the expression, "The Customer is always right." But is that really true?
      The other day a customer walked over to my tech and starting to scream at him for failing the NY State annual inspection. 
      I intervened and told the customer to stop and get away from my employee. I also told him that I would not tolerate anyone yelling and screaming at one of my employees. 
      Should I have been more "reserved" and try to defuse the situation?  Should I have "politely" listened to the customer's issue?
      Have you been in this position and what would you do? 

• By Joe Marconi
      We all survive by and need healthy car counts. That's a given. But all too often I see auto repair shops with "steady" but not "growing" car counts, but with new customers coming in each week.
      So, the question is, "If a shop has steady car counts and has new customers each week, then why are car counts not growing?"  
      This is a topic that's complicated for a post but here are a few things to consider:
      Is your marketing attracting the right customer that matches your key profile customer? If not, the wrong customer may be a one-timer and that does not help your car count.  Or, if you are promoting too much discounting, you may be attracting the wrong customer, and that's not a long-term strategy either.  Are you making every effort to WOW all new customers and create an amazing experience that gives the new customer a compelling reason to return? All too often we are too transactional and don't spend enough time establishing relationships.  Make every effort to spend time with each customer and ESPECIALLY with first time customers. Its the relationship not salesmanship that builds a company! Are you booking your customer’s next vehicle appointment?  Please don’t tell me this does not work. It does!  Hairdressers do it, doctors do it, dentists do it, nail salons do it. My chimney cleaning service company evens books the next chimney cleaning!  If you are not booking your customer’s next visit, trust me, someone else will. I hope this makes sense. What are your thoughts? 
    • By Jonathan Ganther
      Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and was looking for this subject but couldn't find it. Sorry If I'm posted something that's already been discussed. I own a brake shop in Austin, TX. We do anywhere from 10-20 brake jobs a day. We only do brakes so I don't know how much full service auto shops deal with this problem but... Customers are constantly calling in claiming they've bought the best parts or they want to provide their own parts because they've done research and know what is best. This drives me crazy. First of all they don't know whats best. Then after being told no they get offended and act like tons of shops allow this. What is the best way to handle these customers? Just send them away? I'll quote them a price using our parts and they act as though its a rip off. What shops are doing this for their customers? I feel like I'm letting jobs get away from me. Any experience with this?
    • By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      Elite's AMI accredited Online High Impact Course, sponsored by Jasper Engines & Transmissions, starts October 16th!
      This industry acclaimed online service advisor training course is delivered by 2019 Ratchet & Wrench All-Star Award winner Jen Monclus, and has been proven to generate both happier customers and higher sales.
      Here are a few of the topics that will be covered:
      - Selling multiple repairs & big ticket items
      - Selling diagnostic testing & maintenance
      - Building powerful relationships in 60 seconds
      - Overcoming the most challenging sales objections
      - Generating more repeat and referral business
      - Presenting service recommendations in a way that makes customers want to buy
      - Note: Course will come with a workbook, homework assignments and testing to ensure accountability and lasting results
      It's only $179 to enroll, and seating is limited, so call 800-204-3548 or visit our Online High Impact page to secure your advisor's spot today!

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors