Quantcast

Where to find mid-level techs?

I'm trying to hire, and literally cannot find anybody. Ideally I'm looking for a full time parts hanger. Somebody that has little or no diag experience or isn't comfortable with electrical work, but can do the basics on their own. Where do I even try to look?  I've tried CL and Facebook to no avail. I've called both of the local community colleges with automotive programs, and it's just crickets. I don't even want to pay them flat rate, I'll more than happily pay them hourly. 

And PLEASE, for the love of god, I don't want to hear the lecture on 'you need to hire nothing but master techs'. That doesn't help me, nor fix my current problems. I know what I need. I just need help trying to figure out how to find it. Nobody becomes a mastertech without doing basics first anyways.

My thought on that though - who uses Indeed to find a job?  I never have, and don't know hardly anybody in our field who does. But I suppose it's worth a look.  Same theory I have with the local Chamber of Commerce.  As a regular consumer, I've never dealt with the Chamber before, and neither has anybody I've ever asked, so whats the use?

I have a guy starting tomorrow and he was sent to me from a staffing agency. Basically his wife got a good job here in Florida from where they were living in PA and it was by the same agency. They charge a fee but they also take care of the witholdings, medicare,ss, unemployment ins, liability, etc. They do a background check,  e-verify, drug test. Basically they own the employee for about 3 months then you have the option to take over. Let's say you dont like the tech, you just call the agency and let him go. They can then send you another canidate. 

Edited by [email protected]

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...