Quantcast

sparkerauto

credit card machine fees

hey guys, I have a question right now I'm paying about $600-$700 in credit card possessing fees threw my company. that's based on 30k in sales. Is this high? Anyone use a company that they would suggest? thank you in advance !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Increase auto repair sales by adding to the cart

Retail stores have known for a long time that adding or increasing the size of shopping carts also increases sales. Consumers may go to the store with a list, but as they pass through the aisles, having a cart makes it easy to add to that list.  While your repair shop does not use shopping cart, the same strategy can used. Every customer that books an appointment as done so with some sort of list; an oil change service, a brake issue, tire rotation, etc.  Through an effective multipoint inspection and looking at service schedules, you can make suggestions to your customers that can add to their cart; essentially increasing sales per vehicle. One last thing: Always make service and repair suggestions to the customer that is in their best interest and have value, and you can’t go wrong.  It’s actually great customer service. 

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 0 replies
    • Shop Owners: You don’t have to answer every question for your employees

As shop owners, we sometimes feel that we need to answer every question and handle every situation. While you need to be proficient as a business owner, you also need your employees to think for themselves.  Empower your people to solve problem.  Ask them for their opinions and don’t be too quick to jump in on every situation.  The more you jump in and solve their problems, the more they will rely on you. This is not to say you don’t have their back; but a team functions best when everyone takes ownership of their position and takes responsibility to take care of problems. Will employees make mistakes? Yes.  But there isn’t a shop owner on this planet that has a perfect record at making decisions.  We all make mistakes. As a shop owner; teach, mentor and coach.  Include your employees in on decisions that relate to their job position.  When employees feel you trust them, they will begin to solve their own problems. This will set you free to work on the things that will bring you greater success.

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 2 replies
    • Web-Based Shop Management

Business is booming and we need to become paperless, web-based, w/QB integration. Any ideas on programs? Would love any and all input! Omnique: I hear a lot of good things about it but looks like you need to pay for their most expensive package $400/mo to get QB integration.  Shop Boss: looks really affordable with the features that it comes with ($99/mo comes with QB int). This is my favorite one so far. Does anyone use this?  Any others?

By meowpox, in Management Software, Web Sites & Internet

• 23 replies
    • High Performance Workshop In Chicago! (Customizable To YOU)

Let me ask you a few questions about your year to this point… Has 2018 been the killer breakout year that you hoped for? Are you still tired of not having enough quality car count in your shop every day? Are you wondering why you’re working so hard, yet not making the money you should be making? Is the endless ‘feast or famine’ of this business driving you nuts? Are you frustrated with running around your shop all day putting out fires – instead of getting any ‘real’ work done? Are you ready to get a proven plan handed to you on a silver platter that will help you attract an endless supply of customers, crank up your profits, and get your shop running in tip-top shape – while working fewer hours than you’ve ever worked before? If so, you’ll want to do everything humanly possible to clear your schedule and join us at the upcoming High Performance Workshop (August 18th & 19th)
      - UPDATE: EVENT HAS PASSED. CLICK HERE TO WATCH AN EXCLUSIVE SALES TRAINING You’ll be exposed to the TRUTH about what it takes to be successful in today’s environment from an actual million dollar shop owner. This workshop is a 2-Day LIVE intensive training where we take you by the hand and walk you through every step of what it takes to run a KICK-BUTT, smooth running, and HIGHLY PROFITABLE repair shop! Click here to learn more and register today! Ron

By Ron Ipach, in Shop Management Coaching, Business Training, Consulting

• 0 replies
    • Overtime without high production will hurt your shop's profit

Not every shop pays flat rat; for many reasons.  So, many techs are on hourly pay.  There is nothing wrong with hourly pay, as long as you have an incentive program in place that promotes high production levels to avoid complacency.  For hourly paid employees I strongly urge you to have a pay plan that rewards production levels on a sliding scale.   As a business coach, I have seen too many times shops with low production levels and high tech payroll due to overtime pay. Overtime pay must not be used to get the jobs done with no regard to labor production.  Limit overtime and create a strategy that increases production and rewards techs with production bonuses.  By the way, there are many ways to incentivize techs, it's not all about money.  Overtime without high levels of production will eat into profits and if not controlled, with kill your business.  If your shop is an hourly paid shop, what incentives do you have in place to maintain production levels? 

By Joe Marconi, in Accounting, Profitability, & Payroll

• 0 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors