Quantcast

sparkerauto

credit card machine fees

hey guys, I have a question right now I'm paying about $600-$700 in credit card possessing fees threw my company. that's based on 30k in sales. Is this high? Anyone use a company that they would suggest? thank you in advance !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Junior
      I'm just about to settle on a software package to run my shop. I've found looking at a number of them that there are a few that don't seem to tick the basic boxes in information gathering that we as registered repair shops are required by law to do. I'm wondering if this is a New York specific issue or if this issue happens everywhere. Would you guys comment on your state requirements.  I'd like to pass some more information to the software company I'm working with in hopes that they motivate to make some improvements to satisfy these requirements.
      Example, in NYS we are required to capture a signature or document approval with the customer complaint to begin work on the vehicle before we touch it. We must record mileage when the vehicle enters the shop and when it is finished. We must state the warranty for each item and the terms and time limit for any guarantee on repair work. We have to collect a non taxable $2.50 waste tire management fee for every new tire sold. We have a state safety and emissions inspection that is varies in fee and is non taxable.
    • By TOMSAWYERAUTO
      I'm just curious what other shop owners charge for shop supply fees. In the past, I've heard various responses; some charge a percentage of the total bill (parts and labor), some charge just a percentage of labor, others charge a flat fee.
      We've tried a low flat fee in the past but that doesn't prove to even make a dent towards covering the cost of shop supplies. We switched to a small percentage and found that we netted about the same because the quantity of large $ tickets balanced out with the quantity of low $ tickets. 
      Looking to make another change that will prove worthwhile but wanted to get some feedback first. We're in the Eastern PA area. Thanks so much.

• By DUFRESNES
      Up to a couple of months ago, we would ask each customer debit or credit.  If they ran a debit, they put i their pin and there wasn't a signature line.  If it  ran it as a credit, they didn't have to put their pin in and they would sign.  Why you ask if this such a big deal.  It means about 400.00 more a month.  A debit card no matter the amount of the sale, it was .25 if it was run as a credit it is a percentage such as 1.78% - 2.5%  I have been on the phone to Key Bank and to 1st Data, emails and etc.  Nobody knows anything about what could have happened except to say that is the way Visa wants it.   I have said do you suppose there will be a class action.  Just one more way to make money for our credit card charges.  According to the people in charge nobody else has this problem but me.  Funny thing Saturday I was at the plant store and I have a Visa Credit Card and it asked me debit or credit. 
    • By slowtech
      I have been watching my cc fees go up. Add to that the pci compliance hassle. Does anyone have a good cc processing service?
    • By HarrytheCarGeek
      Stop subsidising other industries and charge your administrative fees!

For example if you do towing and you have to write out a check to pay towing fees to other providers, charge an administrative fee.

Data entry, getting all details correctly and chasing down paper costs money. We charge a $25 to $35 fee depending how much time the clerk has to spend working on the case.

You should have a line on your billing system so your clerk automatically ads the admin fee when they process the payout to the other service provider.
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors