Quantcast
    • You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Ron Ipach

Help needed. If I'm wrong, I need to be corrected ASAP

I released a video on my blog yesterday that seems to be causing a bit of a stir. Some shop owners are saying my idea is brilliant - others say I'm totally wrong.

In a nutshell, I'm advocating giving away $100 in services for a new client referral.

The last thing I want to do is give away bad information, so I'm asking for some help to set me straight if I'm way off base.

You can watch the video here for my full explaination: http://www.captaincarcount.com/auto-repair-marketing/is-this-a-crazy-idea-or-what/

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      Has the Coronavirus (COVID-19) impacted your auto shop business? If it hasn't yet, it has the potential to do so soon. Please share what you are currently doing, how your business is impacted, what plans you have in place, etc.
      Some things to consider:
      Do you have a plan in place should you or one of your employees become ill? With school, event, and business closures, how will this affect your shop? Are you sending anything to your customers in terms of sharing your plans around keeping your customer and employees healthy and doing your part in your community? Many small and large businesses have been sending email communications to their customers. Are you marketing to your customers in terms of not delaying car repair, should there be a need to temporarily close? Are your parts suppliers sharing their plans, should the pandemic affect supply chains?  Are you stocking up on business and shop necessities? Please share your experience in this topic and stay healthy!
      In the media:
      The coronavirus and its growing tally of sick and dead victims around the world have been roiling financial markets, prompting countless hand-washing reminders and ruining more than a few vacations, and that’s before anyone knows exactly how widespread the effect will be on the automotive industry, including your local repair shop. Source
      “By mid-March, the shortage of supplies will be felt and members are projecting they’ll experience disruption through May or June,” even if operations in China soon get back to normal, said Stacey Miller, senior director of communications at the Auto Care Association, a trade group representing 150,000 auto aftermarket and service businesses. Source

• By Mark Johnson
      Are you a Iowa shop owner? If you have been affected by COVID-19, have 2-25 employees and have a location in the state you can get a grant of between $5,000 and $25,000 from the Iowa Small Business Relief Grant Program. (If you are not from Iowa please tell friend from the state)   YOU MUST APPLY NOW! (Deadline is March 31, 2020)   So what information do you need?   A LOT!   ●   Most recent Income Statement ●   Revenue Loss Analysis ●   Most recent Balance Sheet ●   Payroll Schedule And Analysis ●   Funds utilization report ●   Fill out All Paperwork   You need to apply now because applications close March 31, 2020.   This is FREE money, don't let it pass.

We are currently helping business owners to access this grant.   For more info please call us at 1954-324-0803 or book an appointment at https://calendly.com/markjohnsontaxplanner/45min
      View full article
    • By spencersauto
      What's your houlr labor rate and where are you located? We're currently at $95 in Texas
    • By JustTheBest
      THIS IS DIFFERENT
      I know, I know.
      Yet ANOTHER message about the Coronavirus.
      But this one's different. Let's get to work.
      Here’s What I know:
      1. What's going to happen: Things are going to get weird. Then they will get better. 
      It's a new virus. It's contagious. It gets people really sick. A small percentage of those people die. That  sucks.
      2. What is "everybody" going to do?
       People are going to continue to panic and then they'll stop.
      They're going to panic for two reasons.
      First, because this is a new virus and it's pretty nasty and that's pretty scary.
      Second, because of the media ...specifically social media.
      It's full of anecdotal "reports" ...and light on facts.We humans like to pass on "information" without checking it out.
      And traditional media (the news) gets paid for viewership ...and nothing drives viewership like FEAR.
      In my opinion, World Health Organization is probably the best place to get your info about this situation.
      3. What this means for Your Repair Shop: The best answer I can give you here is ...IT DEPENDS. 
      The best advice I can give you is actually a quote from one of my long time mentors, Mr. Jim Rohn.
      Mr. Rohn once said… (this isn’t a direct quote, but you’ll get the gist of it)...
      “You can not change the direction of the winds.
      You can change the setting of your sails.”
      Are you going to spend your time browsing social media, watching the news all day, and talking back and forth with people about this situation?
      Or are you going to FOCUS on business?
      I'd suggest you focus on business, avoid crowds, and wash your hands.
      If you step up and LEAD them, you'll stand out. (And it's good Karma.)
      Think about it this way.
      Most of your competition will be following the herd and doing the whole "let's sit around and talk about the corona virus ...while simultaneously browsing social media and reading stuff about the coronavirus...while simultaneously watching the news for updates on the coronavirus thing.
      That means they're NOT promoting. They're NOT in front of the market. They're NOT in the game.
      What I'm doing personally:
      1. Avoiding large crowds, washing my hands, and keeping my immune system strong.
      2. Not paying attention to anyone other than non-biased expert health organizations. 
      That means no social media.No news media. Just the facts.
      3, I’ve got new free training being released in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned and I’ll keep you posted. 
      If you have any specific questions or need some help right now - it’s 100% totally free to talk to me about your specific problem. Just AskTheCarCountFixer.com
      Stay safe - Talk soon!

Matthew
      “The Car Count Fixer”
      P.S.: You could take this FREE TRAINING: How to Double Your Car Count in 89 Days. Over 2 hours and 20 minutes of video on demand. 
      P.P.S.: Join me on YouTube at Car Count Hackers! FREE Help to grow your Car Count, Income and Profit! 
      P.P.P.S.: Like and Follow Car Count Hackers on Facebook

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Joe Marconi
      Got your attention?  Good! 
      Take it from me, a shop owner for 40 years;  before you invest a dime on advertising, get your internal marketing in order....in other words...get your house in order.
      No amount of advertising or marketing means more than what you do each and every day. And that is creating an amazing customer experience that gives your customers a compelling reason to return.  
      Make sure that each customer contact point creates a positive experience. The phone call, the drive up to your shop, the parking lot, the customer write-up, the upsell, the car delivery and every other point of contact with the customer.  
      These things I speak of means more than any money you spend on advertising.  So, before you spend that dime, get your house in order. And remember, everyone in your shop is an important part of your marketing strategy! 

• By JustTheBest
      You could just say that this is tried, tested & proven. 19 simple words that virtually guarantee car count… in hours!

Hope this helps!
      Matthew
      "The Car Count FIxer"
      P.S.: Join me on YouTube at Car Count Hackers! FREE Help to grow your Car Count, Income and Profit! 
      P.P.S.: Like and Follow Car Count Hackers on Facebook
      P.P.P.S.: Have you registered in my FREE Training? "How to Double Your Car Count in 89 Days"
    • By JustTheBest
      Hello and Welcome! Thanks for taking the time to check this out. 
      Obviously the auto service market is changing. More competition; Price shoppers; Worse than that, where do you start promoting if you want to grow your car count? 
      Good news! There’s really only 3 areas  you need to focus on. Instead of writing it all out and asking you to read it - I created this video - it’s a little over 5 minutes, but it’ll be 5 minutes well worth it.

Let me know if you have any questions. I’d be pleased to respond!
      Matthew
      "The Car Count FIxer"
      P.S.: Join me on YouTube at Car Count Hackers! FREE Help to grow your Car Count, Income and Profit! 
      P.P.S.: Like and Follow Car Count Hackers on Facebook
      P.P.P.S.: Have you registered in my FREE Training? "How to Double Your Car Count in 89 Days"

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors