Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Andy Price

Hello from Indiana

Hello everyone. I signed up several weeks back and have been reading all the advice in the forums and have learned a lot. I have a small 3 bay shop that I run and wrench along with 1 other tech. You all seem t like a good group of people I'm sure I will have many questions as I move forward in making my business sucessful.

• Like 1

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By tirengolf
      Hope all are doing well, I have been absent for a while , life gets in the way at times. I have ask you guys questions many times and the answers have always been superb. This is not a question more like a huge decision I have to make. 
       My store was built in 1958 , just a square building with 4 outside bays across front with large roof system  and tech shop we added 10 years ago in the back with 5 stalls and 3 lifts. I have been there since I was 15 years old and now I am 60. We have always been squeezed with our corner lot, well 2 weeks ago the business next door which has 290 feet on the highway plus a very old body shop and a very old house that is liveable came up for sale. I have a contract on the property for 250k. But dang I wish I was 50 and not 60 years old. It lays out perfect where I could add 2 more open stalls and give anoher tech 3 new stalls down the side and tons of parking, I have none. We are busting at the seams,I need the room. no parking heck I cannot get all the work out of there daily. I can get some residule income from the one house, already had 2 guys ask me about rent on it. We have just had a huge brand new county jail built 2 blocks from us, Prettiest jail I have ever seen ,LOL, anyway guys I am having a hard decision on pulling the trigger , one thing is my age second thing I assume those  5 bays will help my bottom line tremdously. As you know with that comes a few more employees, new writer and probaly 2 new techs. Maybe I am apprehensive because I have never expanded like that. Has any of you guys done this or better yet gone through it, if so tell me the good the bad and the ugle. My employees are great but I will need at least 1 writer and 2 or 3 oil/tire/ tech trainy. Techs are hard to find today , I never thought I would be stealing other techs from other stores but I guess it is the way of th world. Any advie or help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Guys, David
    • By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      Take Your Shop's Profits to the Next Level

New Online Event for Shop Owners!

Small Changes That Bring Huge Profits
      Tuesday, January 19 – 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM PST
      Wednesday, January 20 – 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM PST

We know how hard shop owners work, but when you know exactly what numbers you need to hit, and where your time should be spent to have the greatest impact on your bottom line, you’re able to work smarter.

Join us for this powerful course and industry superstars Bob Cooper, Kevin Vaught and Rachel Spencer are going to take a deep dive into:

·     Where small changes can be made to have a huge impact on your profits
      ·     How to ensure you have accurate data to make the right decisions
      ·     Which KPIs are most important to monitor, and how to move them
      ·     The 6 timeless rules of profitability
      ·     Exactly where you need to land with GP on parts, GP on labor, advertising investment, sales closing ratio and 18 of the most important KPIs!

If you’re unable to join us live, no problem – the recordings will be available to you for 90 days.

It's only $395 to enroll and seating is limited by design, so take advantage of this rare opportunity to ensure 2021 is your shop’s best year yet!

ENROLL NOW

Enroll Now

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

• By Joe Marconi
      Let's face it, all of us were affected by COVID-19. Some more than others.  One of the biggest issue is the feeling of uncertainty....what we call the unknown.  But, humans are no strangers to tough times.  Tough times brings clarity and opportunity.  It forces us to create new strategies in an effort to improve both our business and personal life. 
      We cannot turn back the hands of time. 2020 will be behind us in a few days.  Work hard now to make 2021 a banner year.  There has never been a time so important as now. Learn from the events of 2020. Create your new goals. Work on your people skills. Work on the numbers of the business.
      I am sure all of us learned many lessons this past year, and one of them was to be financially prepared for a crisis.  While COVID was different, the financially-stronger shops did do better. 
      Lastly, have a positive mindset at all times. And set the right tone as the leader of your shop. Your positive attitude will create the right culture and a pathway to better times.  
      What lessons have you learned and would like to share? 

• By Joe Marconi
      It's hard to believe that it's almost a year since COVID-19 hit.  And for many businesses, and repair shops, it's been a challenge.  While many areas around the country have not seen a downturn, there are other areas that have been harshly impacted.
      Areas such as mine have seen a decline in miles driven per customer of up to 50% or more.  Just consider working from home, the drastic decline of going out to dine and other activities, a decrease in after-school activities, a decease in youth sports, buying online and every other action that has become the norm, and it adds up to a negative impact for so many shops.
      NOW, you know ME.  I always put a positive spin on everything.  At this too shall pass. COVID-19 will be behind us and we need to prepare for great times ahead.  
      I urge everyone to focus on people: Your family, your employees, your customers, and the community.
      With regard to your customers, they will remember you and their experience long after the water pump or mass air filter you replaced in their car.  
      If you are having a decline in sales, here a few tips:  Establish your new goals, look at your expenses, reevaluate your breakeven, make sure your labor and part margins are in line.  BUT, never forget that your most important strategy is the culture of your business. 
      Lastly, cherish every minute with family.  This Crisis has brought Clarity. And let's never forget the things that money cannot buy. 

• By carmcapriotto
      There are a lot of variables when we talk about shop efficiency. There is culture, environment, leadership and more. There is no single formula that can solve shop efficiency. But if there are the right guidelines, our panel today, certainly has the answers. A big thank you to Chris Monroe, Joe Marconi, and Kevin Vaught for sharing their expertise for you. So many small things done right makes for improved efficiency.
      Chris Monroe is a coach who owns Monroe Tire & Service at Shelby, NC., Joe Marconi is a coach who also owns Osceola Garage at Baldwin Place, NY.,  and  Kevin Vaught is a former multi shop owner and is an Elite Worldwide Business Development Coach
      The key talking points from this episode are already done for you on the show notes page at https://remarkableresults.biz/a201

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors