• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.

59442da5481b0_ScreenShot2017-06-16at3_00_43PM.png.b81e337a87f59d4c77e2da12d0398a2a.png

Let's say you're looking at your shop's appointment book, and you could stand to use a few more cars in the shop today. You need to know how to get cars in the shop right away.

I'm going to give you three very quick, easy, and cheap ways to get the phone ringing, and get that appointment book filled:

Idea Number One

It's not earth shattering. It's using email marketing. If you've collected and have current email addresses for your clients, all you have to do is just come up with a terrific offer. Now, remember, we're trying to get them in your shop today. So, we want to give them a great offer, to show up today. Let them know that they're getting this special offer, because you need more cars in the shop today, you need them to respond right away, and you need them to bring their car into your shop today. So, the offer is very, very important. A wishy-washy offer isn't going to get somebody to respond. Come up with a kick-butt offer, and email it to them.

Now, the problem with email is, not everybody looks at their emails every single day, and you don't have emails for everybody in your database. But, hey, it's easy, it's simple, it's cheap, so go ahead and do it. And hopefully, some people are going to see it, and they're going to respond today. For idea number one, if you've sent emails before, then marketing via email shouldn't be a difficult thing to do.

Idea Number Two

This is the way that I love more than anything else, is using a mobile phone and text message marketing your offer to them. So, if you've been collecting and getting permission to send them texts (which you should be doing), you can just simply send a kick-butt offer to them, and get them to respond immediately via text. Now, you can do them one by one, just grab your phone and start texting people individually, or there are some services out there that you can group text everybody, and get them all done in one sweep at a time.

But the important thing to know about text message marketing is, it's a brilliant way to contact people, because 99% of texts get opened. And even more importantly, 95% get opened within the first three minutes [Forbes]. So, you send out a text, people are going to look at it, and they're going to respond within five minutes. Now, if you put together a kick-butt offer, you will get your ringing right away. I love that idea, and on a separate video we'll kind of go into detail on exactly how to do your texting and everything. That's a much larger subject to cover. Certainly not one I'm going to be able to cover here.

Idea Number Three

You're going to hate this idea. I know you're going to hate it, but it's a tool you already have, and most people under-utilize the tool. And that is using one of these. A phone, okay? Just a regular, old-fashioned, home phone, and you start dialing for dollars. I mean, think about this. How many people have been in a shop that declines services? Well, wouldn't it be a great idea to call them up, and just kind of look at all the people that decline services, and come up with a kick-butt offer to get them in the shop today. Let them know:

"Hey, we have a few slots open, I'd like to fill it."

"This is once in a lifetime offer."

"I'm going to give you an offer you can't refuse."

Dial for dollars, and that will get people in shop.

Now, I know you hate it. Let's face it nobody, especially an auto repair shop owner, wants to get on the phone and start cold-calling people. But, hey, you want to put people in your shop today? You've got their phone numbers, you've got their buying history, you've got their unsold service history. Dial for dollars, and people will come to the shop./

Now, those are three quick and easy, down and dirty, inexpensive, almost free ways, to get people into your auto repair shop. Pick the one you want, and do it.

--> Ron Ipach (a.k.a Captain Car Count)

• President/Founder of Repair Shop Coach
  • More articles and content like this and originated through Ron Ipach's Car Count Daily campaign
  • Auto Repair Shop Owners, Managers, and Automotive Industry Professionals are invited to join 'Car Count Daily Boosters' LinkedIn group to provide resources and gain insight on boosting car count DAILY and filling up the bays in their shops.
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rmiller
      3 things you didn't know about Vegas: 
      It would take 288 years for one person to spend one night in every hotel room in Las Vegas. The shrimp consumption in Las Vegas is over 60,000 pounds per day, higher then the rest of the nation combined.  We're buying drinks for shop owners attending the APPEX and SEMA shows at the Venetian on Wednesday. #3 is the most important fact, of course. And it's the only one that requires your immediate action. 

So, if you are going to be in Vegas on November 1...

...want to enjoy a free drink at a great restaurant in a hotel that looks like Venice...

...and talk with repair shop owners and the RepairPal Team about what's working in the automotive repair industry these days...
      Click here to get on the VIP list now. 
      See you there!
      The RepairPal Team - (Jill, Shirley, and Randall)

• By rmiller
      Wanted to let you know about a free webinar we did recently with Jeremy O'Neal: "Selling Advanced Diagnostic Services for Maximum Profit" You can watch it here: https://www.repairpal-shops.com/selling-advanced-diagnostic-services/   Jeremy O’Neal has been recognized as one of the industry’s most talented and skilled service advisors. Having worked at independent repair facilities, as well as new car dealerships, Jeremy has developed the best real-world sales training available to the auto repair industry. In this valuable 60-minute webinar, taught by Jeremy O’Neal of Advisorfix, you’ll learn:
      How to generate the proper labor revenue for your shop when performing advanced diagnostic procedures How to create a value-driven advanced testing package that generates maximum profits for each job How to deliver the sales presentation in a way that naturally generates a “yes” from your customer How to combat the objection: “Other shops or dealerships don’t charge for diagnostics” How to combat the objection: “Will you waive your testing fee if I do the repairs?” You can watch it here: https://www.repairpal-shops.com/selling-advanced-diagnostic-services/
    • By Ron Ipach
      I wanted to make sure that all of you heard about my brand new FREE webinar I am putting on next week.
                                                                    What you'll learn:
      How shops all over the country are using the latest techniques and technology to attract more new customers to their shops. How to work through the clutter and uncover what actually works now, and what to keep your eye on for the future. What you can get started on right away with little or no cost to you. How to take advantage of the 'car count shortage' myth to gain an almost unfair advantage over your local competition. When:
                                                                                       If you're one of the vast majority shop owners who need more car count you simply can’t afford to miss this webinar.
      Click here to get all the details and to register…
      See you there!
    • By rmiller
      If you worry you’re spending too much time and effort on non-profitable clients and price shoppers, then you don’t want to miss this Modern Shop Owner Webinar with Barry Barrett of RLO Training and RepairPal’s own Jill Trotta.
      They’ll explain exactly how to determine the lifetime value of a customer…and how to increase it.
      Webinar: Value of a Customer
      Date: August 23, 2017
      Time: 10 a.m. Pacific / 11 a.m. Mountain / 12 p.m. Central/ 1 p.m. Eastern
      There is no cost to attend, but you do need to register to gain access.
      Click here to save your spot
      In this 1-hour webinar class, you’ll discover how to:
      Increase your car count by 20%
      Determine the value of every phone call
      Handle price shoppers with ease
      Get callers to schedule an appointment
      Shave 15 minutes off your phone time

If you don’t know the value of every customer interaction, you could get bogged down with time-wasters and low-profit ROs.

Join us for this 1-hour training and learn how to increase the value of every customer.

Will we see you there?

Click here to register now.

PS: Attending live is best because Barry and Jill will answer your questions live. However, if you can’t make it at the scheduled time there will be a replay link sent. But only if you register first!

• By Ron Ipach
      I want to talk about collecting the right information from every one of your customers while they’re in your shop. What do I mean by that? When we’re talking about marketing, it’s important that we collect all the current information that we have on our customers so that we can continue to market to them. Marketing to your current customers, it’s like picking the low-hanging fruit. It’s the easiest group of people to get back into your shop, so we want to make sure that we collect all the data that we can from our customers while they’re sitting right there in our shop.
      Obviously, what you want to do it get their correct name. Make sure their name is spelled correctly. Have that in you database.
      Then, also, we want their mailing address. Everybody’s got a place they’re living. They’re not living in their car, chances are. So we want to make sure that we get their home address so that we can mail something to them.
      The next thing on the list is we want to make sure we get their e-mail address. We want to make sure that we’re getting the right e-mail address. Not the e-mail address the junk e-mail that a lot of people, including me, I have a junk e-mail address that I give to everybody because I don’t want them to contact me. We want to make sure that we get their actual e-mail address. The one that they actually do check. It’s very important you do that.
      You May Also Like:  Putting An Auto Repair Ad In The Yellow Pages Then, the next thing that I want to make sure that you get is the two phone numbers that they have. One is their home phone number. Some people don’t have home phones anymore. I happen to still have a home phone number. If they don’t have their home phone number, certainly, they have a cell phone. You want to make sure that you’re collecting that data as well.
      What you’re going to be able to do with all this, if you have a home address, you can send them a piece of mail. If you have an e-mail address, the good e-mail address, you can send them an e-mail. If you have their home phone number, not only can you pick up the phone to call them, I call it dialing for dollars when you’re on your slow days to see if you can get some of them to your shop, but you can also do something. It’s a technology called the voice broadcast where you record a message, and it blasts it out to everybody’s home phone number and leaves a message just like you would’ve left a message on their voicemail by calling their home if you called them one by one. This is different, where you just record it one time and it blasts it out to everybody. Then, if you get their cell phone number, you can send them a text message, and 99% of text messages get read, and 95% of them get read within the first five minutes. So it’s a very valuable way to be able to market to them.
      You May Also Like:  What's New In The Automotive Repair Industry? But none of this is going to work for you if you don’t have the accurate data in your database. So here’s a suggestion that you start right now, today, with the very next customer that walks through the door and you start collecting that data. Think of it like when you went to the doctor’s office the last time. What they did is they handed you that clipboard and said, “We’re updating our records. Please fill all this out.” You can protest all you want, but they’re going to make you fill those forms out every single time you go in. Why? They have insurance forms that they need to fill out, and they got to make sure everything’s accurate. You, you need to market to them. You got to run your business off of this data. So require that they fill out each and every one of those lines. Their name, their e-mail address, their phone number, their cell phone number. You want to make sure that you collect all that data so that you can market to them.
      Just assume that they’re going to give you that data and no questions asked. If you just ask for an e-mail address, now there’s a dialogue that kind of goes back and forth. If you simply hand them a form that says “We need all this information for our database, for our records,” they will go ahead and fill that out. Make sure that you get that done.
      You also, at the bottom of that form, you want to have like a little disclaimer that by singing below, and you want to make sure they sign it, by signing below, you are allowing Ron’s Auto Repair to contact them by mail, by phone, or any other electronic means necessary. You want to have that little catch-all, cover-your-butt legalese on there so that when they sign it, they literally have given you permission to market to them using all of those means.It all starts with good information if you want to be able to market to your current customers. Your current customers are your best source of income, and we’ll cover that on other videos like this. You got to make sure that you have the data first so that you can market to them in the future.

note: Be sure to watch the replay of my Live Webinar