Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By CAautogroup
      Hello all,

We used to get paid for used motor oil (pre-COVID19). However, lately we are being charged for pick up and transport. We go through approximately 500-700 gallons per month. 
      Do you guys currently get paid or are paying for used motor oil and oil filter pick up? Our shop is located in Texas. 
    • By BNC173
      We are a small rural shop; my guys are on salary and average 55-60 hours a week. Between the salary & bonus plan I think we are fair on our pay. We only charge 65.00/hour for mech work but our main shop is a tire shop, so we don't get into much other stop besides brakes or light mech work. The shop stays very busy that we some nights must stay late to get everyone taken care of. 1 employee focuses on the mech. part & helps with tires, the other is mainly tire & office sales & paperwork. There are a few times a month that the tire guy will need to do an afterhours call from anything from a jump start to a tractor tire repair. I want to compensate him for his extra work but not sure how to figure something simple & fair. I also don't want to make it something that they will start running more after ours because they will get more pay then if they were able to go out & do during reg business hours. Anyone with idea what they do hate to give profit away we still need to pay for the truck & fuel?
    • By Joe Marconi
      Do customers really have clear expectations when they arrive at your shop?  Think about it.  Who is responsible for setting clear expectations?  Consumers may have a preconceived idea about what to expect, but when it comes down to what or who sets the expectation, it's the shop's responsibility. 
      Great customer service is created by the shop and its people. The consumer will judge that experience, but they don't create it, you do. 
      We may think that the consumer will tell us what they expect from us.  I think it's the opposite. 
      Henry Ford once said: “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

• By Joe Marconi
      I saw a quick demo on Openbay's Otis, an interactive chat program that works with your website. 
      Does anyone use this feature, or know about it?
      Here is a link:
      https://solutions.openbay.com/
    • By ASOG Podcast
      What goes through the mind of an A-level technician when they're about to put in their notice? What drove them to the point where they finally decide to leave?

• Our Sponsors