Quantcast

mmotley

Somebody liked a post

I think on the old forum, you would be told who liked a post you made. The new style just tells you 'somebody like a post'... I thought it was nice to know who agreed with you. Any chance we can have that feature back?

• Like 2

yes I use to get an email alert that said "xxxxxx" just liked your post, now you only know if you look at the notifications when you sign in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skm said:

yes I use to get an email alert that said "xxxxxx" just liked your post, now you only know if you look at the notifications when you sign in.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like there was more action before the change and I think the "likes" being notified through email has a lot to do with it. Don't get me wrong, love the new layout. Just so you know, I am giving you guys "likes" for bringing this up 👍

19 minutes ago, Jay Huh said:

Maybe it's just me but I feel like there was more action before the change and I think the "likes" being notified through email has a lot to do with it. Don't get me wrong, love the new layout. Just so you know, I am giving you guys "likes" for bringing this up 1f44d.png

Nah, I think it is just like the business we are in, there are the ups and downs, things seem to come in waves

3 minutes ago, skm said:

Nah, I think it is just like the business we are in, there are the ups and downs, things seem to come in waves

Strange still because if you own a shop, then it is your livelihood and you should be thinking about how to constantly make it better 24/7, maybe that's just me. Im on this forum multiple times a day trying to see if there are any new ideas or whatnot. My business has made tremendous changes since I've found this site like 3 months ago!

22 hours ago, Jay Huh said:

Just now saw 1 person in chat and I got excited. But it was me, forgot I clicked on it from a different browser tab 1f602.png

LOL, chat is Sunday evenings ... 

Sorry for the delay responding to this. That's a good call out about the likes and I will look into that.

As far as notifications, you can control them in your account settings or directly via this link: https://www.autoshopowner.com/notifications/options/

When you click into your account settings, you'll see to the right "Other settings" and then the link to Notifications. Click on what you want for notifications on the site and emails. You can do both , one, or none.

notifications.JPG

I just realized why most of you cannot see who specifically liked a post. That feature is now slated for premium and above memberships going forward. However, for the time being I've enabled it on our FREE membership package. 😁