Quantcast

Trealubit

Hello just recently joined!

Signed up not too long ago for premium membership. Found out about it from Joe Marconi at the RW conference.

Glad to be here. My shop is in Westmont Illinois...if there is any body close to my location give me a shout out!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Found This in a Tire on Monday!

Would you believe that we removed this from a tire this week. The wrench end was inside the tire and the broke end was sticking out.

By xrac, in General Automotive Discussion

• 4 replies
    • Joe Marconi Key Note Speaker Ratchet & Wrench Conference 2018

If you are going to the Ratchet and Wrench Conference next week, I will be there to kick things off as the Key Note Speaker on the first day. I will also be making a presentation; Charging for Diagnostics on Friday, Sept 21.  If any member is attending the conference, please let me know and hopefully we can meet.  Here is the link to the conference: https://www.ratchetandwrench.com/articles/5651-ratchetwrench-announces-details-of-2018-management-conference Thank you, Joe Marconi   

By Joe Marconi, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 0 replies
    • Location, Location.... Location?

So we are looking at moving our shop to a really nice shop here in town that has some amenities that we are very excited about but I got to talking with the landlord about the past few shops that had been in there and he told me that he didn't think this location could sustain a $70-80 labor rate. He thought that was probably why the last shop didn't stay busy enough to keep the doors open.   I have always thought that while location can be a great plus that it really truly depends on how you package things and how well you do with marketing and advertising. Ive always seen that good customers will travel a little bit just to come to a shop they like.   What do you all think? How much value should I put in what the landlord was saying? How much does location truly have to do with a shops success? How far will customers travel to come to a good quality shop they love?

By ncsvoboda7, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 24 replies
    • Come See Me at the Ratchet + Wrench Conference!

This is a reminder that I will be at the Ratchet and Wrench Conference.  This Monday, I will be making two presentations; "Beating Shop Owner Burnout" and "The True Cost of Comeback" If anyone is going, please stop by and say hello....and of course, please attend my presentations! Thank you. Joe https://rwconference.com/

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 0 replies
    • Am I crazy or ambitious? Or both? Looking at opening 3rd location, just opened 2nd 3 weeks ago...

Long story short, been in business about 2 years and started mobile. Current location for about a year, just opened up a second location about 3 weeks ago- HUGE step for me. In my area, auto shop locations are REALLY REALLY RARE. There'll be months before a single shop will pop up for lease. Well.. I was looking for auto equipment on craigslist and stumbled upon a listing of a shop moving and selling all his lifts. Found the location on loopnet- 5 bays, previous business extremely successful, great location, great price too.... 1st location hit record sales this past week, 2nd new location held its own (divided by week, came out on top after expenses). I got both stores running self sufficiently. I am pretty much maxed out and I hate taking out loans but I have a line of credit available.  Am I crazy to want to do this? 

By Jay Huh, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 37 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors