Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Truett

j2534 automotive reprogramming

So I am going to jump in the water.....

Tomorrow I am going to attempt to program our first BCM for a 2007 Chevy Truck. I have the J2543 interface, a laptop with the room for the information on it, an account with GM that I will access for two days tomorrow, and a battery maintainer to arrive tomorrow. Just wanting to know if I am missing anything or if you have any suggestions or advice for me.

Thanks,

Richard

• Like 1

We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To read this post, please login or register for a membership. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      Special Announcement

Elite's September 10-12 Masters Service Advisor Training Program Will Be Presented Entirely Online!  

Only a Few Seats Left!

To ensure that we're able to comply with social distancing and keep your advisors safe, our Masters Service Advisor Training Program starting September 10-12 will be presented entirely online! 

Your advisors will not only receive 100% of the training that we offer at the live 3-day course, but you'll be able to save on travel and hotel expenses, and your advisors won't have to spend any extra time out of the shop due to travel. Most importantly, after the initial 3 days of online training, your service advisors will still get the identical 6 months of sales coaching from Ratchet & Wrench All-Star Award winner Jen Monclus, which has been proven to increase sales by an AVERAGE of $10,750 per month after the training!

There are only a few seats left, so to reserve your advisor's spot, just give us a call at 800-204-3548. For more info, feel free to visit our Masters Program web page. 
    • By CAR_AutoReports
      Hello everyone, I am suggesting we have a thread with comments that only relate to information regarding help for businesses or communities affected by recent events.

I will start the thread by listing relevant links I have at this time:
      the U.S. Treasury Department has released a draft application for the Paycheck Protection Program (the
      new forgivable loan program) created by the CARES Act. The Paycheck Protection Plan application process starts
      Friday, April 3, 2020 and those eligible and interested in applying should begin that process as soon as possible:

- For a top-line overview of the program:
      https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP -- Overview.pdf

- If you’re a borrower, more information and links to SBA lenders http://www.sba.gov/ can be found here:
      https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/PPP--Fact-Sheet.pdf

- The application for borrowers can be found here:
      https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/Paycheck-Protection-Program-Application-3-30-2020-v3.pdf

Importantly as well, we have included links to Small Business Administration (SBA) resources that will help navigate
      the government subsidies, loans and programs available:

- The SBA’s Local Assistance Page, https://www.sba.gov/local-assistance which provides local resources and
      information on offices and other resources around the country;

- Lender-Match, https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans the SBA’s tool to find local banks and lenders
      based on your needs and;

- SBA’s Coronavirus Resource Page:
      https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options

• By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      Good morning,

With business slowing down for most, we feel that there's never been a better time for shops to take advantage of online training. We know that everyone in our great industry is in this together, and want to help shop owners in any and every way that we can, so have decided to team up with Jasper Engines & Transmissions to make our Online High Impact Customer Care Sales Course available to the industry at no charge. 

The recordings for this 4-part online sales training course are usually sold for $179, but the below link will provide you with complimentary access. You'll see that the page also provides access to an Action Plan that you can follow to help you navigate through the coronavirus pandemic.

As you take on this challenge, please don't forget that you're not alone, and that this pandemic will pass. If there's anything else that Elite may be able to do to help you, please feel free to Contact Us, or give us a call at 800-204-3548.

Click Here for complimentary access to our Online High Impact Course and COVID-19 Shop Owner Action Plan

Wishing you the best,

Your Friends at Elite
    • By flacvabeach
      Virginia's Governor in his 2020 budget proposal has included elimination of the state's vehicle safety inspection program.  In addition, a state legislator has introduced a bill doing the same.  I serve on the board of the Virginia Automotive Association, a group of over 200 independent shops who have banded together to lobby in the interests of our industry. VAA has ponied up a a $25000 increase in the lobbying budget to fight the move.   As a shop owner, I have mixed emotions on the subject, but if I were gambling I would bet that the program will go away.   On one hand, it's kind of nice that the state's motorists are forced to bring their cars to a shop once a year, giving us an opportunity to make them life-long customers. Also, it has created a cadre of technicians in the state who have been vetted and background checked by the state police.   On the other hand, there are a litany of negatives inluding  customer resentment, anger when their vehicle fails, uneven management by the state police who oversee the program due to limited resources.  Some shops are "by the book" while others are "sticker mills" who will pass anything.  Unfortunately, VAA and others have been unable to produce hard statistics that show that the program .makes a difference in highway safety.  The big studies I have found blame driver error for the majority of accidents.  What is ironic is that just this year VAA won a long battle to get the inspection fee raised from 16 to 20 dollars.   The legislature convenes in January to enact laws that will take effect in June.
      I would like to hear how other Virginia shop owners feel and I would like to hear from other states that have witnessed termination of these programs.
      Mark Anderton

• By nonstopgo68
      My shop manager any good?  Cant find anything bad on Web. No contracts and guaranteed.

Thanks in advance.

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors