Quantcast

I am looking for your suggestions for quality trade journals/magazines, trade associations, or trade shows that can be helpful in marketing, advertising, industry data, market research and customer profiles and that sort of thing.

Not so interested in the actual automotive technology side but more of an emphasis on the actual operation of an automotive repair business.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Look for state/local associations. I am on the board of the Virginia Automotive Association. Terrific group composed of nearly 300 members. I feel guilty because I am getting more out of it than other members because they have so much more experience than I.

They approached me years ago. They had a membership rep at the time who went around recruiting new members. Now they rely on word of mouth. Another group I'm involved with is NAPA Autocare Business Development Group. I'm currently chairman of the local group. On the Autocare website, I see there are groups in Hastings and Omaha.

Hey guys thanks so much for the awesome info, I just got signed up for a lot of good trade magazines and journals. Now my only question would be trade shows.

Any really good trade shows that are beneficial to attend that aren't too pricey??